Bond II - The Prometheus Dawn - END!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: Bond II - The Prometheus Dawn - Chapter 5

Post by Unagi »

It is a very valid point, I just don't know how much that 5 1/2 hours is.

That's the key of it to me.

The risk was a 5.5 hour risk. The reward was you walk all the way to the end game.
Qantaga wrote:That is good news for the other two good agents here. You can look at the game and know that I am innocent.
Tell me, if you were Hugo, and you knew that if you could float those 5.5 hours, you'd walk out unchallenged - would you try it? :horse:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:And one thing from your post just now totally stood out to me:
Qantaga wrote:With so many options available to the other bad guys (such as putting votes on Scoop or Grund or tru1cy to take heat off Hugo), can you really imagine a scenario where two bad guys are willingly going to take their partner to n-1 at such an early stage of the game
First. Yes. Early in the Game with no Seer Scan to worry about, this is exactly the time to take a partner to N-1 and bring him back down again. Getting to N-1 and back down again is an enormous advantage for a bad-guy.

Second - and this is interesting... You casually write that statement up there with what appears to be the unflinching knowledge that Scoop is a good guy.

(and I actually agree, through my shared deductions, but I've heard you make no declarations)

In fact you seem to make it clear that you have some big choices in front of you:
Qantaga wrote:That is good news for the other two good agents here. You can look at the game and know that I am innocent. That means the other two good agents only need to pick between two players to find Hugo. I still have to choose between three.
Wow. Qantaga, what do you have to say about you including me in a list with two other known good guys (Grund and tru1cy)?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: Bond II - The Prometheus Dawn - Interlude 4

Post by Scoop20906 »

Qantaga wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:tLet me just say right now my theories are earth shattering and will most likely spell doom for the remaining baddie.

Okay, lay it on us.

Let's get Hugo.
So, you think I'm Hugo???

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Scoop20906 wrote:Wow. Qantaga, what do you have to say about you including me in a list with two other known good guys (Grund and tru1cy)?

Scoop, I addressed this earlier. The only reason I included you is that you had votes against you, as did Grund, tru1cy, and I. It has nothing to do with who is good. It has to do with where would Lassr and RMC logically put their votes.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Qantaga wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:tLet me just say right now my theories are earth shattering and will most likely spell doom for the remaining baddie.

Okay, lay it on us.

Let's get Hugo.

No, I don't think you're Hugo. I'm asking you for your earth-shattering theory, so that we ("Let's) can get Hugo.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:It is a very valid point, I just don't know how much that 5 1/2 hours is.

That's the key of it to me.

The risk was a 5.5 hour risk. The reward was you walk all the way to the end game.
Qantaga wrote:That is good news for the other two good agents here. You can look at the game and know that I am innocent.
Tell me, if you were Hugo, and you knew that if you could float those 5.5 hours, you'd walk out unchallenged - would you try it? :horse:

If I were Hugo (I'm not) there's no way I would try it. It was a Tuesday, in the middle of the work day (look at all the activity between RMC's accusation and withdrawl). Chaosraven hadn't voted yet and who knows where the whims of this crowd might go? I've seen players here switch votes for any number of reasons. Why would I want to be at n-1 when that could very easily take me out of the game, right then and there.

(Again, all hypothetical... I am NOT Hugo).
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Qantaga wrote: It was a Tuesday, in the middle of the work day (look at all the activity between RMC's accusation and withdrawl).

If you go back and look, there were 21 posts between RMC's accusation and withdrawl (while I was n-1), including 2 by Lassr and 1 by RMC where they did not withdraw.

I know you say they were around, but they couldn't have done anything to save me (hypothetically, since I am NOT Hugo) if a 6th vote were placed (as we found when Chaos killed Grund).
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Qantaga wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

Okay, lay it on us.

Let's get Hugo.

No, I don't think you're Hugo. I'm asking you for your earth-shattering theory, so that we ("Let's) can get Hugo.
I didn't have a theory. I was trying to goad someone into killing me instead of msteelers. A vain hope but I felt why not.

So, Qantaga, do you think that Unagi is Hugo and trying to frame you? Or is Stessier Hugo?

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Scoop20906 wrote:So, Qantaga, do you think that Unagi is Hugo and trying to frame you? Or is Stessier Hugo?

I honestly don't know. The three of you keep trading places in my mind. :)

- Unagi - I'm not sure. He's probably my lead candidate right now because of his "certainty" that I am Hugo. Since I know I'm not Hugo, the triggercut reflex is kicking in. However, I'm not sure that Hugo would be so determined about one player when he just needs votes on anyone other than him. His dogged pursuit almost makes me see him in an innocent light.

- Scoop - I think RMC latched too hard on you for you to be Hugo. However, you have been pushing for votes against me since the very beginning of the game, even after stessier pointed out the unlikelihood of me being bad, which has an evil taint to it.

- stessier - As Unagi says, stessier has a lot of post "seeds" out there that paint him in a good agent light. However, I also know that stessier is crafty enough to construct legitimate sounding "innocent" moments in his posts.

I've read through the thread once today. A few things jumped out, but I'm going to let them percolate, then I plan on going through at least once more tonight or tomorrow morning to see if they still strike me as odd or if anything else catches my attention.

I'm also planning on revisiting the various lynch votes.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Oh, and I should note that those are purely personal opinions (not anything I'm trying to prove).

For example, when I said:
Qantaga wrote:- Scoop - I think RMC latched too hard on you for you to be Hugo. However, you have been pushing for votes against me since the very beginning of the game, even after stessier pointed out the unlikelihood of me being bad, which has an evil taint to it.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone else would see that as evil taint, it just appears that way to me.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Posting stuff I went back and collected on Qantaga here.
(not all of this is damning Qantaga, it's not a slam - so much as a review... but - spoiler: I do conclude that I plan to vote for you)

Oh, and holy cow - this is longer than I anticipated. by a lot.

sorry.

but, read it all... :mrgreen: :coffee:

OH, and I should also note: These are your own opinions, not mine... you don't need further proof.... Image
Qantaga wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote: Qantaga 

He's due.
You know, it's funny, I hadn't thought about this until you posted it.
<snip>
It's ok if that wasn't true. But, really - Qnataga then goes on to soberly address his vote and 'exchange' votes ala trigger.\
Seemed a little heavy, but - meh - not really. I mean, no one wants to die 'cause they're due'.

Lassr wrote: Qantaga 

he makes a good case for himself, only evil once, he is due.
Lassr get's on Scoop's Q-is-due train.

Next morning (real time), Scoop drops his vote on Qantaga and moves it to Theohall.

Later that night Lassr moves off too. Called the "He's due", sucky logic, and over-votes Theohall.

The next Game Day, Scoop moves back to Qantaga
Scoop20906 wrote:Well, unless we hear from Q then I think I am going to return to my "logic" of Qantaga is due.
 Accuse Qantaga 

and again,
it's funny.
Qantaga wrote:It's funny. In the last Bond game, SPECTRE agents Lassr and Chaosraven were all kinds of chatty (and Remus wasn't exactly shy before he was exposed) as they led Her Majesty's agents to their doom. So giving the vocal agents a pass seems like a big mistake to me.

I'm here. I just haven't seen anything yet to make me cast a vote.
It's the language and deflection.
I guess I just see these as 'non defensive' (I'm humored... this is fun...) defenses.

The two "It's funny" lines could be described as a written nervous laugh.

Or - really, just something that someone says... so, really not much there - unless it's something. :D

Monday night, Lassr puts Qantaga to N-2
Lassr wrote:I'm having a hard time reading  Qantaga 

Grund and Remus are on Scoop. Grund having been there for almost 4 days. Remus just move to scoop at noon on this Monday.
My vote was placed on Grund that afternoon.
stessiers vote was placed on tru1cy that afternoon.
Necastle wrote:No votes cast: Quantaga, RMC, ChaosRaven,
You then come in and tell us you are vanilla. - and put your vote on Scoop.
Qantaga wrote:I am at n-2 and have a fairly long work day today, so I'll pass on my agent knowledge now.

I am only a plain vanilla agent in service of Her Majesty.

If you need to kill me to give the specials one more night to gather information, you will be safe in doing so. However, that will also mean that the baddies will have eliminated three good agents and our chances of saving the world will be diminished significantly.
RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Well, unless we hear from Q then I think I am going to return to my "logic" of Qantaga is due.

Accuse Qantaga 

I know I might be putting my faith in the wrong person, but Scoop has really had a good logical reason for what he has been doing, so I will support him in his Qantaga is due theory. Also Qantaga is saying he is a normal agent, but that is what he should say at this time when he is looking to have been found out. It seems that Scoop has pointed out some behavior changes and that seems very plausible to me.

Qantaga 

RMC joins on the vote.
(and yes, I agree, this looks good for you, for sure.)
9:07 am, Tuesday.
Qantaga wrote:
RMC wrote:Also Qantaga is saying he is a normal agent, but that is what he should say at this time when he is looking to have been found out.

You realize that, if I were evil, I would be claiming a special role (not vanilla), don't you?
I count this for you too, just 'credit' for talking to RMC realy.

This is interesting... and something out of your control.
Lassr wrote:
Unagi wrote:
RMC wrote:but Scoop has really had a good logical reason for what he has been doing
:lol:

He don't know scoop very well does he...

I think Qantaga is at N-1. I voted for him simply because I still have a hard time reading him. He states above that he's just a non-special agent, of course what else could he say at the time.
What makes me leery of my vote is that scoop is pushing hard for him to be lynched... :D
This wasn't Lassr asking me to join him in the vote. Not in the least.

And who is left to join the vote.

(Ironically, Chaosrave, who laughs at N-1!) (( but we don't know that about him yet))
(Chaos wont be back until later tonight. Lassr likely knows this)

Lassr wrote:
Qantaga wrote:
RMC wrote:Also Qantaga is saying he is a normal agent, but that is what he should say at this time when he is looking to have been found out.

You realize that, if I were evil, I would be claiming a special role (not vanilla), don't you?
yes, but not that soon. Now would be the time since you are sitting at N-1 unless you are the berserker bad guy then you want to be lynched before you get scanned.
This I also give credit to Qantaga for, as it looks like Lassr is addressing him fairly naturally.

This is the part that I didn't like:
Qantaga wrote:
Unagi wrote: You will have to forgive us. We've been around the block so many times, we've been through waves of wolves that claim Seer and waves that claim "If I were evil, I would be claiming a special role".

The Chicken Soup here tases like Kool Aid. or does the Kool Aid taste like Chicken Soup... It's been so long, I can't remember.

Gotcha.

It just seems like, strategically, I would want to try to out a special on my way to the gallows, if I were a member of Team Evil.

Since I'm n-1, I will try once more to state very clearly that I am as pure as the driven snow in service to Her Majesty.
You are basically saying this:
"Look - I am saying I am vanilla, OK - I want this statement to save my neck - Got it?"

After that, there is a couple hours of Scoop (already on your vote) and stessier (solid on tru1cy), and Unagi (who isn't moving to Qantaga, wants Grund taken out) talking back and forth.

Then at 2:26pm:
RMC wrote:Withdraw  Qantaga 

So by the last few arguments the bad guys are:

tru1cy, Remus, and Scoop or tru1cy, grundbegriff, msteelers.

So since it looks like we are all in agreement that Tru1cy is most likely a bad guy, we should go that way. If I am missinging something, let me know. But with that logic, I am going to go with:

Tru1cy 

This has RMC joining stessier on the tru1cy vote.
If stessier is the partner - then this is RMC joining him, and leaving Lassr.

Qantaga wrote:I finally have more than a moment to sit at a computer today. :)

Let's talk about this for a moment:
<snip>
This is where Qantaga responds at great length to scoop's comments regarding Qantaga's use of 'virtual certainty ' at that stage of the game.

4:59, Chaos raven comes in and says he isn't gonna vote for Qantaga.

6:19pm, Lassr takes his vote off Qataga.

I will say this. That looks a little like the bad guys giving up on the Qantaga train.
Lassr wrote:
tru1cy wrote:Btw, Qantaga reached n-1 and wasn't pushed over... Does that strike anyone as odd? If he was innocent as he claimed then a baddies should have jumped on, imo. Anyway, I will watch how the winds blows, but I like where my vote is located at the moment
unless all the baddies were already on the vote. Know something we don't?
Couple things here.
1 - Lassr subtly defends the idea that Qantaga is innocent, by attacking tru1cy's attack on Qantaga's innocence.
2 - Lassr sets the stage to join RMC against tru1cy, but doesn't he goes against Grund (with me)

At this point in the game, Lassr, RMC, and Qantaga have all just recently joined trains that were started by myself, stessier, and Grundbegriff - respectively.
Scoop20906 wrote:<snip>
If Qantaga turns out to be a baddie, you will never hear the end of it, Unagi. <snip>
Ha!
I forgot Scoop had said that to me.
your turn, Scoop. :twisted: :D

Another thing I stumbled on here... And, sorry - this is actually a 'Stessier' thing...
Remus West wrote:
Unagi wrote:My guess is that CR is perhaps the zerker.
That makes zero sense to me. His play yesterday screamed for scanning just as much as todays so if he were the zerker he likely would have been outed today along with someone asking us to shoot him.
At first I wanted to save this Remus Quote to chastise Remus. Then it struck me that Remus was actually trying to seem as if he had no idea the EMP was used (hiding that he was the Seer... duh.).
The next post, 3 minutes later:
stessier wrote:Yeah, because if there is one thing we do, it's scan the replacement player.
Stessier is replying sarcastically to the likelyhood of Chaos being the scan, 3 minutes after Remus made the remark.

It's either: evil-stessier hyper aware that there was no Night 1 seer scan, and wanting to comment on this so much that he came up with a sarcastic remark to take part in Remus's version of the availablity of the Night 1 scan.
or
It's good-stessier being sarcastic to Remus about the Night 1 scan being used on Chaos.

Occam's razor tells me to go with good-stessier.

I had also not really remembered that Qantaga had pointed out Remus's math error.
Qantaga wrote:
Remus West wrote:3 bad guys living of 8 players - means we have a 5-3 majority.

Shouldn't that be 3 bad guys out of 10 players, for a 7-3 current majority?
Qantaga never once mentioned it again. (I assume it's because he didn't find it troubling.)

Sadly, that event looks horrible for me, certainly in a re-read, as Lassr and RMC then back up my charge the Remus' screw-up was wolf-born.

But I do think it's interesting that Qantaga called it out, then after I started a train - clearly the villains were thrilled to try and lynch off Remus.

This next post is nothing more than an example of what doesn't seem like typical Qantaga to me.
Qantaga wrote:
Remus West wrote:Either way, it is up to Bond. Just do not shoot Erich Kriegler - Lassr. He already used his power and will be lynched today.

Nicely done Remus!

I won't cast my vote for Lassr yet to give Bond time to think. I will be ready to cast it when lynching time comes.
Just seems eager to demonstrate, and I haven't found him to be that way before. (My expsure is somehwat limited.)

Qantaga wrote:It seems msteelers is claiming the role:
msteelers wrote:I see very little reason for Bond to not take the shot today. The only question is who. The obvious choice is Unagi, but I was really hoping to shoot Stessier. :twisted:
Wow, hot damn. Eagle Eyes. I absolutely missed that.

Qantaga wrote:
msteelers wrote:
Qantaga wrote:Sure wish Chaos would have self-protected last night, but I guess he was playing the percentages and saving it for this interlude. :(
Huh?

If Chaos would have self-protected in interlude 3, he would have been protected from Odd Job in this chapter (4).

Since he protected Remus in interlude 2, he couldn't protect Remus in interlude 3. It would have been nice if he would have self-protected in interlude 3, so Odd Job's kill would have been neutralized. It appears that he probably protected you (msteelers) in interlude 3 and was planning to self-protect in interlude 4.

At least, that's how the protector's ability has always been applied in games I've played with a 'zerker.

My comment was meaning that if Chaos was self-protected, thus no Odd Job kill, we would have had two chances to find the last baddie, rather than the one chance we have now.
Something about this stands out to me as well.
It just reads real wordy about the protection.

I am a 'villager', as it were. Scoop and stessier, if you are also villagers - I am trying to see if your mind was more like mine.
This just totally reads like someone that was just thinking a lot about if Chaos would be protected on a zerker shot if he was protected the night before.
It hadn't crossed my mind at all when Chaos was shot.

So, that's what I have on Qantaga. (Qantaga, you should know there was a lot up there that I felt actually helped point to your innocence as well)

In all honesty, it's more that I feel stessier and Scoop are innocent.

I have a lot of paranoia about stessier lying - cause he does (and well). And I even feel it's possible that Scoop is a villain, just by far the least likely of the 3. (and not because he doesn't lie well, he does.).

Also, I felt this may have come across dick-ish, back when I said I wouldn't vote for Scoop today at all - I should be clear. If Stessier and Qantaga both strongly, strongly push that way - and it looks stale-mated, I wouldn't force a stale-mate.

Frankly, if Scoop convincend me to vote for stessier, I could maybe - but I'll address that if it ever comes.

So, yeah - I believe I plan to put my vote on Qantaga.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi,

I appreciate your diligence and I won't try to argue with you (I'll gladly address any specifics that any of the three of you might have). I can see how you've built your case and I respect your opinions and conclusions.

I will, however, try my best to "look you in the eye" (so, to speak) and tell you that I am completely innocent in this game. I am not Hugo Drax.

I was getting very nervous reading your post because (after):
Unagi wrote: spoiler: I do conclude that I plan to vote for you).

I was afraid you were putting us in a situation of you or me. Since I know I am not Hugo, that would leave us at a precarious crossroads, if Scoop or stessier is Hugo.

I'm glad to see that you are willing to look in other directions. I'm hoping Scoop and/or stessier (depending on whether they are both good or just one is good) will help us uncover the true Hugo.

I still haven't reached my own conclusions on who I think is evil. At the moment, though, it seems the ball is firmly in Scoop's and stessier's court to see if they are in agreement with Unagi (proclaiming my guilt) or me (proclaiming my innocence).
    Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Qantaga wrote:Unagi,
    I appreciate your diligence and I won't try to argue with you (I'll gladly address any specifics that any of the three of you might have). I can see how you've built your case and I respect your opinions and conclusions.
    I will, however, try my best to "look you in the eye" (so, to speak) and tell you that I am completely innocent in this game. I am not Hugo Drax.
    Between you and me... I appreciate your manners and all, but you are really coming across as obsequious at this point.
    Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:
    Qantaga wrote:Unagi,
    Between you and me... I appreciate your manners and all, but you are really coming across as obsequious at this point.

That may be, but if I defended myself (like you've already listed when I countered Scoop), you would label me "defensive." (actually, you called it "non-defensive" defenses, which amounts to virtually the same thing).

You have already put me in a no-win situation because you have determined me evil regardless of the manner in which I respond to you. That's why I'm mostly interested in Scoop and stessier's opinions on our polarized viewpoints.
    Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I got two things that really concern me at this point. However, I must hear Stessier's thoughts before voicing my concerns.

Appreciate both Unagi and Qantaga really providing alot for me to think about before voting.

stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm comin', I'm comin'.

I got up to Unagi's Q dissertation last night. I hope to get through the rest of this at lunch.
    I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
    Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
    Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
    stessier

Post by stessier »

Backup done yet?

Testing...testing...1,2,3
    I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
    Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
    stessier

Post by stessier »

When I was getting caught up last night, I got to the part where Q had supposedly grouped Scoop in with known Goods and felt my world shift. Was Q really Bad after all? Could it be this easy?? After re-reading that a half dozen times, I don't see it as anything anymore. So I was really interested in what Unagi might have pulled together. And now I see it is really not a vote for Q as much as a vote against Scoop or I being Bad. As such, I really don't find it compelling.

I had a little trouble following the flow of the quote Unagi pulled, so I went back and read all the Q posts in context. I just don't see anything that overcomes that N-1 vote log. I can't get past it.

My impression coming into the day was that Scoop was the last one. The way he talked yesterday and the way the vote went down on top of the rest of the game just made it seem pretty clear to me. Nothing I've seen has changed my opinion, but I have only just started re-reading all his posts after which I'll tackle Unagi's. On the plus side, at least we weren't very talkative this game so I might actually be able to finish sometime today. :lol:
    Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Stessier, I'm at a decision point at this time however I want to hear your opinions. Since it seems you are convinced about the N-1 Qantaga moment, that Q is good then I'm very interested in hearing you opinion on Unagi. Obviously, anything you write about me will be interesting to read so please feel free to build a case against me if you choose to.

I'm having a very hard time voting for Qantaga also which makes Unagi's confidence that he is Hugo all the more head scratching.

I have one more thought to unload but not until Stessier gives me his run down on Unagi. Sorry for stringing this out but I have my reason.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Sorry, the quotes are long even after snipping some parts, so I have to break this into two posts.

Executive Summary - The overall impression I get from Scoop is a carefree player - one who's not worried about living or dying or about who lives or who dies. He's very insistent the game keeps moving along. Every night/morning there is a fresh reason for why he is still around and why he will be around tomorrow. He hints at being two of the three Specials (maybe I just missed where he hinted at the third?), but this was never meant to entrap anyone and was all for the good of the team. He was on the Slim, Qantaga, theohall, Grund, Lassr, & RMC votes. Never has one tried so hard to help while doing so little.

I"m pretty sure Scoop is the one, but will still do this for Unagi.

In the beginning -

After the Slim substitution, Lassr votes Scoop, followed by msteelers and RMC. Then Scoop posts this -
    Scoop20906 wrote:I'm just an agent so I won't hurt our mission but offing me won't help that much either.

That being said I do understand the need to get the ship underway so have at me. :twisted:
    and Lassr peels off without immediately placing a new vote. Street cred established.

Scoop20906 wrote:Lets vote off Qantaga. He's why to nice to let live.
    Followed by a Lassr vote, followed by Lassr saying vote was not instigated by Scoop - posted at same time, followed by Scoop saying "I'm in your head!"

Scoop admitted as a Baddie he doesn't visit the Bad Forum so he doesn't link himself to his teammates. This sure seems like a :doh: moment?

Scoop20906 wrote:Lets give theohall a chance to speak up and get him back to n-2. Where the heck are you theohall?

withdrawal theohall 

Scoop20906 wrote:
    Remus West wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:Lets give theohall a chance to speak up and get him back to n-2. Where the heck are you theohall?

withdrawal theohall 

Why is N-2 so preferable to N-1?
    Uhhh, aren't you the guy that told me that we needed to give a person at n-1 a chance to spill if they are a special? Well, I didn't want to take a chance in someone offing theohall before he had a chance to speak up.

Anyway, he's spoken and didn't claim a special so I am fine with voting for him now.

accuse theohall 

No offense, theohall. See ya next game. :wink:
    The N-2 withdrawl was just above and beyond. I read - "See - I don't want any mistakes this game. If he goes down, it's not my fault."
    Snipped some nested quotes, but I don't think it changed the meaning.
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    Lassr wrote: on the first day with no night kill I'm looking for any kind of logic. Scoop's logic is weak but at least it's something and he got Qantaga to address it. DO I think Qantaga is a bad guy? There is a 25% chance....same for everyone else.
    Lassr, you want to finish this thoehall bandwagon off?

Help me, Obi-Lassr, you're my only hope.
    Lassr wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    theohall wrote:You could have just pm'ed that to him, ya know. ;)
    Shush, you. You're "almost" dead. :evil:
    he's not dead yet.

He appears to be acting like the normal theohall (as in good) but then again I'm trying to remember the last time he was bad and if he acted any differently.
    Lunch first.
    Sorry scoop, no kill yet unless someone else wants to place that last vote.
    Lassr declines to be linked to this death. Scoop and RMC are already on it.

Scoop20906 wrote:Yeah, nice write up. I'm interested to see how this story goes.

Well, I have just guaranteed myself another night on the ship. See you guys in the morning.
    This kind of becomes a theme in my mind - day after day reasons for waking up alive every morning.
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    rshetts2 wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    Chaosraven wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:Yeah, nice write up. I'm interested to see how this story goes.

Well, I have just guaranteed myself another night on the ship. See you guys in the morning.
    pretty confident you'll wake up, eh?
    If you were evil, would you waste a kill on me?
    If I were evil? No of course not, why kill my partner?
    Damn, I just lost my evil partner. :doh:

Still, wouldn't that be ballsy of me?

Push theohall's lynch. Claim I will survive the night. Then kill the guy that razzed me about being my evil partner. God, I would be a OO WW stud!! :mrgreen:

As for why rshetts2? Anyone who's played with him could answer that and the list of suspects would include people not even playing in the game.

Still, one of you ordered his death ... hmmmm ... I'm just going to think about this over by the poop deck ... uhmmm ... not pooping though ...
    Read as - "I'm being framed! I didn't take him out, I swear!"
    Lassr wrote:
    Remus West wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    Remus West wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    Lassr wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    I'm pretty surprised at the choice so I'm assuming they want the attention off them and on me.
    you didn't even pop into my head when I saw that rshetts was their target...and probably wouldn't have either until you started posting.
    So, what did pop into your head when you saw rhetts was the target?
    It popped into my head that they managed to kill 2 guys last night? :P
    Hmm, and who is the guy #2?
    rshetts2 :P
    Scoop, did you spell his name right when you turned in the kill order?
    Okay - at this point I know I pretty biased that Scoop is the third, but this reads as a tweak against a teammate. Q:Why does Lassr do it? A: Why not? Knowing we are looking for Hugo at this point, it just seems very ominous to me.
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    Qantaga wrote:When you look at the votes currently on me, you will see that Scoop, Tru1cy, and msteelers also voted off a good theohall, while Lassr voted for me last time. It's a virtual certainty that at least one of the bad guys is in that group.
    This is a significant change from the thoughtful logic I have seen from Qantaga in the other games I have played in with him. Qantaga is "virtually certain" that one of myself, tru1cy, msteelers and Lassr are a baddie based simply on a Day One vote and then a vote for him. While he could right he can't be "certain" and evidence is tissue thin. I haven't seen Qantaga make a statement like this before. It is a significant enough deviation for me to feel good about my vote on him right now. I wish I had stuck with it yesterday instead of getting sidetracked by Theohall's comments.
    Scoop takes the lead on Qantaga and the vote ends up with Scoop, Lassr, and RMC on it, but no one to close the deal.

Then the Grund vote - Unagi, Lassr, Scoop, RMC, msteeler, Chaos

Scoop20906 wrote:Woo Hoo!! It worked!
    So a couple things can happen - the Protector challenges this statement, brining him out in the open, or he doesn't and Scoop has a reason for being alive tomorrow.
    Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, I'm getting a bit frustrated with the pace (please note I am not frustrated with the players) of the game. It feels like other than myself, Chaos, and Unagi everyone else is playing scared to really post.

While, I would fully understand it if the baddies were taking the low radar approach but all of the non-specials MUST start to speak up and be vocal about the suspicions.

Non-special have no reason to play careful so start posting guys. You die and good guys win and you still win. Lets root out these baddies!!
    Patience, Scoop-san, Patience. And gently slipping in the one of the quiet ones is likely a Baddie because that is where they are not.

Continued.
    stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:Scoop's Handy Dandy Threat Matrix
    • Qantaga - I called him out early for saying he was due to be a baddie. Also he made a comment he was "virtually certain" someone was a baddie. He is a suspect of interest.
    • Theohall - Dead Agent
    • MSteelers - Got the middle vote spot on both Theohall and Grund. Convenient.
    • RMC - Newbie that also was on both lynch trains. Seems to be still trying to figure out the game but has been involved.
    • Scoop20906 - I predicted I would survive Night One and I'm still here. Night Two we had a successful protection. I can guarantee I will survive tonight as well. That is unless something changes.
    • tru1cy - Got alot of ribbing from Stessier and Unagi early on for being silent when he wasn't. Lately he has been silent and now no one is bother him. Odd pattern, huh?
    • Remus - Math mistake??? Forgot to count himself as a baddie? PLEASE LET IT BE SO!!!
    • Lassr - Likes to play the middle ground guy.
    • Stessier - Constantly posted. Flooded thread with vote analysis. Sometimes a wolf likes to hide in plain sight by posting tons of static information.
    • Rshetts2 - Dead Agent. Why did the baddie's choose to kill Rshetts2 on Night One?
    • Chaosraven - All evidence points to Oddjob. Do you really think Chaos had no clue he was killing Grund before Grund could claim a role?
    • Unagi - Plenty vocal as usual. Was not on the theohall train but pushed for Grundbegriff and was wrong.
    • Grundbegriff - Dead Unknown
    We could have already lost a special with Grund dying unknown. Grund had been silent for a while however and one wonders if Grund as a special would have really stayed away as long as he had.

Frankly, I think it makes alot of sense for Bond to shoot chaos today. We would have at least one proven (Bond) and would know if Chaos was a baddie or not. I realize there is risk with this but we also take the risk that Bond will be killed tonight since most likely Judy Havelock will protect herself. If Bond uses he shot the Judy Havelock may protect him guaranteeing he survives for at least another day.
    I thought this was very interesting. Especially the descriptions for Lassr, RMC, and all of us.
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    Chaosraven wrote:I am strongly considering Scoop as the zerker. Within 15 min of writeup, he throws out the "it worked" folllowed by Lassr. I need to go back and look at whoever mentioned the time Lassr and I were evil... Lassr would remember it, but I don't think he was the one to mention it. Still comfortable with tru1cy as bad, as he noted the Qantaga n-1.
    Please don't shoot me. I am not the zerker. However, if I got shot for my efforts to try and spoof every special in the game and a couple that aren't I won't be upset. I actually think we are in a pretty good position at the point thanks to the specials.

If I was Bond I would shoot Unagi or tru1cy.
    Scoop was first vote on Lassr well before the shot. Just more - "See, I want the Bad Guy dead even though we are waiting for Bond."
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    Unagi wrote:I'm going to throw this out there to anyone that knows Scoop's style.

Why isn't he more in our faces this game. He seems to be making few waves. We haven't butted heads ONCE this whole damn game. Or, wait - very early, but he backed off that very fast.
    I would love to see an example of where you show me "back off fast". Please link. :mrgreen:
    Unagi - even you noted he was playing differently!
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    Qantaga wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    Qantaga wrote:I'm curious what our known good agents, Chaosraven and msteelers, make of all this.
    Qantaga, a word of advice. The known good guys don't know any better than the unknowns. Its a classic mistake to put more weight on their opinions simple because they are proven.

While that may be true, one reason I'd like to hear from them is because I know for a fact that they aren't bad guys making up reasons to accuse someone. If they are mistaken about someone's goodness/badness, then at least it's with pure intentions and not malice.
    I want to hear their opinions also. I just know in my early WW games I gave their words a little too much weight.

So, where the heck are these guys?
    I just thought this was funny - "Q, don't put faith in Specials because you know more than them." *blink* "Where the heck are those guys with their opinions anyway?" :lol:

Scoop20906 wrote:
    stessier wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote::mrgreen:

I certainly don't think I was attempting to setup RMC.
    I meant that you and RMC had that exchange setup behind the scenes. Reading RMC's vote post certainly wouldn't have made me think the first thing I should do is run out and find a funny picture about betrayal. I mean - betrayal only happens between teammates, right?
    Hey, that would have been great if it were true. :mrgreen:

I know when I have played evil in the past I usually just go into "scoop" mode and ignore my partners. I'm too fearful of showing some kind of preference to them.

No, the thing with RMC has been totally one of his own doing. He keeps using me as a reason for whatever he has done and following me around like a puppy dog and except now he is starting to look like an evil foul smelling chubacapra. I feel like he has been trying to set me up this entire game.

The odd thing is both Stessier (unknown) and Lassr (evil) made comments about it.
    Okay, this might be more interesting from my point of view, but I see as distancing himself from the other Baddies while linking one of the people he expects to make it to the end (me) to the Baddies.
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    RMC wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, Unagi. I'm leaning to you being good. I'm not so sure about the rest so let talk votes.

How do you feel about a vote for RMC today? He is the one common player amongst all the scenarios running through my head. A Lassr, Stessier, Unagi baddie trio feels unlikely to me.
    There we go.. So now Scoop is moving against me, and I have not worked with Scoop at all. I guess it makes me the perfect patsy. I was following, and it was the wrong lead to follow.

Scoop is the evil one here.
    Just something for RMC when he plays in future games. Attaching your vote to a player (especially me for example) makes you look like a person looking for cover to hide their true intentions for a vote. Its a very wolfy position to take and you've been very lucky up to this point that someone hasn't torn you apart for it.

I'm really leaning heavily to you being one of the baddies and you are doing nothing to change my mind with posts like this.

Did I specifically ask YOU to vote with me? If not, then how can you explain how I set you up as a patsy?
    I read it as "I'm not Bad. I'm being framed. I would never play that way." But isn't that the best cover of all?
    Scoop20906 wrote:
    stessier wrote:Ok -

Scoop - almost claimed every good role possible
    Unagi - hard after Remus the day after he was protected
    RMC - Scoop's lapdog and bouncing his vote any which way

The Remus thing is hard to look past, but reading it now, it might just have been an unfortunate coincidence. Or at least, I hope that's it.

So I think the last 2 are Scoop and RMC. I think Scoop's play is more likely to be called out and get him lynched that RMC's. We tend to give newbies more rope and Scoop was designed where if he did get called on it, he might expose a Special as well, which he could then blow up on. I think Scoop is the Zerker and RMC is the Leader.
    Stess, I have had PLENTY of opportunities to claim a role or dispute a role and then get myself and someone else blown up real good. When I was "faking" roles I was attempting to provide cover to the real specials and hopefully draw a night kill on myself. Trouble is no one ever takes me seriously. :?

The funny thing is the whole game people grumbled about my posts but I never had a serious bandwagon going on me. If I was the real zerker I certainly would not have done a good job, huh?
    Now it seems that because we didn't think he was Evil up to now, why should we change our minds? Granted, he was specifically addressing the Zerker option, but I think it fits the pattern. And he really didn't have a lot of time to claim roles. One day only it seems to me.

Scoop20906 wrote:
    stessier wrote:Scoop, Unagi, RMC, Q - who do you think is Splodie?

In order of most likely to explode because I am not really sure:

1. RMC
    2. Qantaga
    3. Unagi
    4. Stessier

The Qantaga thing is hard. Unagi describe a scenario where all two teammate baddies vote to put their partner at N-1. Its hard to believe but it a certainly possible scenario.
    This still surprises me - he wanted everyone to vote for the one who he thought would explode, had Unagi as 3rd most likely even though he had (like 3 posts previously) stated he thought Unagi was human, and me as least likely - at the time I had not yet voted for RMC as he desired.

Scoop20906 wrote:I got theories now based on the current events but I'll wait until the last baddie gets around to submitting this kill order and newcastle waits the appropriate amount of time to advance the night to day.

Let me just say right now my theories are earth shattering and will most likely spell doom for the remaining baddie.

Don't worry, mates. We've got this thing all wrapped up.
    "Hahaha - just kidding! No theories here! Q - what do you think? Unagi - where are you headed? I'm not posting anything until after I see where stessier lands - I have my reasons."

Scoop has never quite mastered the fine art of subtlety. I think this game has just been one more example of that. He's been hiding out in the open daring us to vote for him because no one would ever play that way. And now that the game is ending, he forms his opinions only after he sees which way the wind is blowing to stay with the majority opinion.

I really think Scoop is the one.
    stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi and I agreed a lot on Day 1 and I think this summed it up best -
    Unagi wrote:I have no idea the way this game will go, but - fellas - if ever there was a player to just eventually show his cards, it's Scoop and Theohall.

Voting them off on Day 1 is silly.

In response to tru1cy saying he was a Good Guy - Have to see if you ever stood Happily corrected...
    Unagi wrote:I think you've posted on every page so far. :horse:

If you turn up 'Villager', than I will happily Stand Corrected.
    This actually has always bugged me. A little too "me too"-ish. Grund's "me too" is what felt more right to me.
    Unagi wrote:
    stessier wrote:Am I the only one who has no self control and scrolls down to see what actually happened, but then has trouble going back to re-read the wall of text and feels bad about it when everyone else says how well done it is?
    :lol: I did the exact same thing.

I actually had a "Yeah, nice write-up, Newcatsle" post that I didn't send because I felt maybe I should read it first. :oops:

I've read it. It's indeed a very nice write-up, Newcastle.
    The highlighted part also bugged me a bit. The previous post, he has said that Scoop should come forward if not the Protector, because that is how it would be read. Here he says he wants it ambiguous. An evil Unagi could benefit from a quiet Protector that day.
    Unagi wrote:
    stessier wrote:I read it as a noncomital statement that could mean

1) He's the protector and his protection worked
    2) He's happy the protector's protection worked
    3) He's a Wolf who's trying to get us to think he's 1 or 2
    Spot on with how I read it.
    stessier wrote:I mean, getting the Protector to counter claim such a vague statement is a great way to go, no?
    given our history, this was my concern - even with a villager scoop.

I read it and thought: "OK, he's claiming protector without saying as much - that will perhaps trick the actual protector to 'counter claim', and for Scoop to reply "Hey, um, I wasn't claiming anything."

Obvious problem is that Scoop has done things like this before. So I there is that.

I think Scoop's plan (if he's not Evil, but regardless of role) would be to keep it ambiguous. This is why I wrote:
    (I'm not asking you to say if you are or aren't the protector, I'm just letting you know that statement will be read as that - and if that wasn't your goal, say so)
    So to be perfectly clear: my hope is to keep the ambiguity of that fact alive.

*SNIP*
    Then there is the push on Remus. This is probably the biggest strike against Unagi. The Evil Ones were denied their kill and it would be perfect to get him lynched during the day. The math mistake was a nice basis for the attack.
    Unagi wrote:For what it's worth, I've placed my vote and I'm not moving it.

A barely helpful, almost unengaged Remus, is rarely a 'Good Remus'.

Add to that his absurd "8 people left alive" comment....

Remus West 

And then the "Who is your wolf" post.
    Unagi wrote:
    Remus West wrote:
    Remus West wrote:I suppose I will test my first theory. Chaosraven, how do you feel about shooting someone today? I'd suggest RMC but it would obviously be up to you if my theory is correct.
    Well, nevermind my theory then. Thanks for the save. Since I'm probably gone tonight.....I know a bad guy for certain.

withdraw RMC 

I'm a littel confused...

1) why is "the shooting" up to Chaos?

oh, wait - I see, your theory was that he was the shooter....

ok....
    2) you know a bad guy for certain. Excellent. Who.

(by the way, my plan for if you came up human was to just go for RMC, Qantaga, and msteelers and be done with it all)...
    And the rest of his posts pretty much center around why Qantaga is the Bad Guy.

After re-reading all of that, one thing that stands out is that Unagi seems to actually be looking for Wolves. The points I mention here seemed a lot worse in my memory where they were out of context. If you go back and read the sections, they actually flow pretty naturally out of the arguments he's making and the way the game unfolds. It not Evil to be wrong - which really seems to be the case on the Remus vote (and I believe on the Q situation).

So yeah, with how things currently stand, I think Scoop is far and away the leader in the club house.

I have to admit, I'm a little concerned that Qantaga is doing the same thing as Scoop in waiting for opinions to form before making his points. Especially in the face of Unagi's opposition, I really thought he'd be putting forth his opinion by this point.
    Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I'm thinking through stessier's (part A and part B) posts now. I'm going to go back and compare it to Unagi's post where he concluded that Scoop is good.

I'm especially interested in Scoop's response to stessier's analysis, and in this:
    Scoop20906 wrote:I have one more thought to unload but not until Stessier gives me his run down on Unagi. Sorry for stringing this out but I have my reason.
    Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'm having a very hard time voting for Qantaga also which makes Unagi's confidence that he is Hugo all the more head scratching.
    It's not a strong confidence that Qantaga is Hugo, it's an inablity for me to see Scoop as being partnered with Lassr and RMC, and that I felt Stessier had some moments that players don't tend 'to fake'.

I actually just take those things, 'to the bank', and let things like "N-1" moments be the thing that I think can be more 'staged'.

I could also post a whole ton of things that I feel speak to it being pretty unlikely that I was teamed with RMC or Lassr, but I hardly think that is going to 'help' you guys in regards to my innocence.

I dunno, seems to me like Qantaga was willing to make this whole thing about him or me, but he didn't want that to happen until he heard from you guys (1 of you had made it very clear you were not likely to vote for Qantaga).

The Good News about today is that no one will be making a mistake 'alone'. It's gonna take 2 villagers and 1 wolf for us to lose this.

I want you (Scoop and stessier) to know that it took a good deal of faith for me to decide to side with you two on this, as it's certainly possible that one of you is the wolf.

You guys don't see Qantaga in this Last Day as being even more wolfy?

Anyhow - we've all chimed in... There is no risk for me to do this, so - I may as well.

Qantaga 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:I have to admit, I'm a little concerned that Qantaga is doing the same thing as Scoop in waiting for opinions to form before making his points. Especially in the face of Unagi's opposition, I really thought he'd be putting forth his opinion by this point.
    This is actually huge to me.

(And I gave Scoop and enormous 'forecast' with where my wind was blowing, and he didn't leap on it - so that actually made me feel better too.)

And, if you are torn between Q and Scoop - do you need me to show you the things from Scoop that looked very unlikely to be paired up with Lassr and RMC? Cause, I really don't feel like Scoop was on their team - even though, yes - I see a lot of those things you saw from Scoop.
    Sometimes I have the most luck in picking who 'isn't a wolf' over 'who is'.
    Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Qantaga wrote:I'm thinking through stessier's (part A and part B) posts now. I'm going to go back and compare it to Unagi's post where he concluded that Scoop is good.

I'm especially interested in Scoop's response to stessier's analysis, and in this:
    Scoop20906 wrote:I have one more thought to unload but not until Stessier gives me his run down on Unagi. Sorry for stringing this out but I have my reason.
    Honestly, Qantaga, I'm waiting to hear your opinions on really, any of us.

You've only really used our own works and commented on them - you don't seem to actually own your own actual opinion on this stuff.

You've been real careful this whole game. Have you stepped in anything at all?
    stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:I'm having a very hard time voting for Qantaga also which makes Unagi's confidence that he is Hugo all the more head scratching.
    It's not a strong confidence that Qantaga is Hugo, it's an inablity for me to see Scoop as being partnered with Lassr and RMC, and that I felt Stessier had some moments that players don't tend 'to fake'.
    Why are you relying on that after Scoop said he stays away from the Evil forum so that very thing doesn't happen?
    I actually just take those things, 'to the bank', and let things like "N-1" moments be the thing that I think can be more 'staged'.
    Funny, I think the exact opposite is true. The votes are real and lead to factual outcomes (X died as Y team). Everything else can be faked.
    I dunno, seems to me like Qantaga was willing to make this whole thing about him or me, but he didn't want that to happen until he heard from you guys (1 of you had made it very clear you were not likely to vote for Qantaga).
    Don't think I haven't been paying attention to how this plays out. My blinders are only about 99% opaque. :D
    Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:I dunno, seems to me like Qantaga was willing to make this whole thing about him or me, but he didn't want that to happen until he heard from you guys (1 of you had made it very clear you were not likely to vote for Qantaga).

Unagi, I never once made this about me or you.

Everything I posted this (game) day was in response to your unwavering conviction that I was Hugo. I have been posting to try to show you that I am truly a good agent.

The only thing I ever said about making it me or you was:
    Qantaga wrote:I was afraid you were putting us in a situation of you or me. Since I know I am not Hugo, that would leave us at a precarious crossroads, if Scoop or stessier is Hugo.

I'm glad to see that you are willing to look in other directions.

and:
    Qantaga wrote:Unagi - I'm not sure. He's probably my lead candidate right now because of his "certainty" that I am Hugo. Since I know I'm not Hugo, the triggercut reflex is kicking in. However, I'm not sure that Hugo would be so determined about one player when he just needs votes on anyone other than him. His dogged pursuit almost makes me see him in an innocent light.

I don't see how that's making it me or you.

It's actually you who is making it about me or you. By entrenching yourself so deeply in your opinion that I am evil, you have forced us all to choose between the two of us (something I have not done). With your vote on me, a consensus cannot be reached on Scoop or stessier. I know you have said that you won't stalemate the game, but don't accuse me of making this day about me or you, when that is all on you.

Regardless, I have the moral high ground here. I know that I am not Hugo. I know that the game will show, at its conclusion, that I am a good agent. I also know that the game has shown you that I am good. Why you are choosing to play the extremely low odds of Lassr and RMC taking me to n-2, then n-1 is frankly beyond me, but that's your decision to make.
    stessier

Post by stessier »

Qantaga wrote: I don't see how that's making it me or you.

It's actually you who is making it about me or you. By entrenching yourself so deeply in your opinion that I am evil, you have forced us all to choose between the two of us (something I have not done). With your vote on me, a consensus cannot be reached on Scoop or stessier. I know you have said that you won't stalemate the game, but don't accuse me of making this day about me or you, when that is all on you.

Regardless, I have the moral high ground here. I know that I am not Hugo. I know that the game will show, at its conclusion, that I am a good agent. I also know that the game has shown you that I am good. Why you are choosing to play the extremely low odds of Lassr and RMC taking me to n-2, then n-1 is frankly beyond me, but that's your decision to make.
    So despite his position, you've ruled out Unagi as being a Bad Guy?
    Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:
    stessier wrote:I have to admit, I'm a little concerned that Qantaga is doing the same thing as Scoop in waiting for opinions to form before making his points. Especially in the face of Unagi's opposition, I really thought he'd be putting forth his opinion by this point.
    This is actually huge to me.

Let's try to look at this from my perspective.

After the (game) day dawns, Scoop and stessier are mostly out for the weekend (Scoop pops in a time or two). Everything that transpired in that time frame was Unagi coming as hard after me as he could (even while saying that some of his comments actually paint me in a good light).

I spent the entirety of the weekend knowing that Unagi seemed unlikely to move away from his conviction that I am evil. My major goal was trying to find ways to show Unagi the truth of my innocence (which were met with chastisement every step of the way).

So, yes, when Unagi's opinion became immovable, what I needed to know most was if Scoop and stessier had similar beliefs to Unagi's or to mine, so I could try my best to do everything I can to prove my good agent status, rather than try to start accusations of my own.

I'll post my own thoughts of who I think it is soon, but that has not been a priority of mine this (game) day. My priority is to help the good side win, by hoping to point out why I am indeed good to Unagi, because I know his vote for me will only hurt us remaining good agents.
    Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

stessier wrote:So despite his position, you've ruled out Unagi as being a Bad Guy?

I haven't ruled him out, but I can only see him in one of two ways now:

1. Unagi is a good agent with a strong opinion. He has determined that he has found Hugo and, come hell or high water, he is sticking to his guns. He's wrong, but his conviction seems more in line with how a good agent would play, rather than a bad one.

-or-

2. Unagi is Hugo and has decided to take a scorched earth strategy on me. That way, he seems to have made up his mind, but he's still in postion to flip his vote if two good agents agree on the third innocent.

I'm having a hard time deciding between these two Unagis.

Before Chapter 4, I would have bet a lot that Unagi was good. His (incorrect) determination that I am evil causes my human nature to wonder if he really is evil.
    Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I am off to a college information night for my daughter (I'm in denial that it is so close).

I will try to post my reasons in more detail tonight, but here is my suspect list at the moment:

1. Scoop - My instincts have said Scoop since the very start of the game with his "due" theory (everyone is "due" equally every game but he pulled it out of the air to accuse me in both the first two days and was still lobbying Unagi to vote for me later in the game) and when he tried to justify lynching me when I pointed out that I was virtually certain that a wolf was on my vote (as it turned out, there was a least one, so I was correct). However, I haven't reconciled RMC's attachment to Scoop yet and need to think that through some more. It could well be staged, but I need to read through all of it again to see how natural or staged it is.

2. Unagi - I probably never would have thought him evil (mainly due to a comment he made that I'll link later tonight) until he started his campaign about me being Hugo, which I know to be absolutely untrue. I have addressed my bi-polar view of Unagi above.

3. stessier - While certainly a skilled enough player to fake anything along the way, I just can't picture stess as evil, for many of the reasons that Unagi listed, but for a few of my own, too.

I will say that there are some interesting voting patterns that point more to Unagi and stess than Scoop and I'll try to lay them out when I get home later tonight.
    Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Qantaga wrote:...

-or-
    2. Unagi is Hugo and has decided to take a scorched earth strategy on me. That way, he seems to have made up his mind, but he's still in postion to flip his vote if two good agents agree on the third innocent.

<snip>
    If I was evil and was going to pick 1 player to go 'scorched earth' on while trying to earn the trust of the other two - I most certainly wouldn't have selected stessier and Scoop to convince to join me. :D
    Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Qantaga wrote:I know you have said that you won't stalemate the game, but don't accuse me of making this day about me or you, when that is all on you.
    fair enough, I actually deserve that...
    This will sound odd, but it just seems like you read me making it a little bit 'you vs. me' and just didn't really know how to make a stance against that attack...
    When it seems to me like you aren't really at all (actually, I will say - just now finally today, almost out of the entire game - you finally are) looking for a bad guy.

You've triggercutted half the game away with Scoop, that's a great way to play the game if you don't really care about hunting wolves... the moment it became just RMC and "1 other bad guy", you started to post a bit more. Once RMC was dead - BAM - it was like you took center stage.

If this game ends and the last wolf was stessier or scoop, I absolutely don't want it to be said that I was blind sided or ignorant of their threat, or didn't see em at all, etc.... I see plenty of things to worry me about them - I just see other things that I feel they didn't fake (I agree, stessier, those things can be faked - I guess I just mean that people look so much at votes that I think those things are used by wolves to fool people... more so then saying that they jumped to the end of the write-up... perhaps I'm a fool on that point.)
    Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:
    Scoop20906 wrote:Lets vote off Qantaga. He's why to nice to let live.
    Followed by a Lassr vote, followed by Lassr saying vote was not instigated by Scoop - posted at same time, followed by Scoop saying "I'm in your head!"

Scoop admitted as a Baddie he doesn't visit the Bad Forum so he doesn't link himself to his teammates. This sure seems like a :doh: moment?
    That moment had the opposite effect on me.

If Evil-Lassr stepped on a partner's post in some way, I really don't think the immediate instinct would be to get all "Hey hey, that isn't me following scoop!" about it.
    Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:When it seems to me like you aren't really at all (actually, I will say - just now finally today, almost out of the entire game - you finally are) looking for a bad guy.

Oh, you mean like you've been looking for a bad guy? ;)

How's that worked out for you? You've been convinced it's tru!cy, then Grund, then msteelers, then Chaosraven, then Remus, and now me (which is also very much wrong).

You did have that momentary blip when you helped blowup RMC and you grouped Lassr in a group of suspects after you knew Remus was proven and had a bad guy in pocket.

With your track record this game, I much prefer my slower and more deliberate approach to identifying bad guys than to yours.

I'm always looking for bad guys, I'm just not as apt to propose that I "know" who's bad when it's really just guesswork.

(this post is really just meant in good humor (note the winkie), not as a serious rebuttal to your accusation of me looking to find a bad guy. it just struck me funny that you're calling me out for not looking when that approach doesn't always help those of us on the good agent team).
    Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Wow, I did not expect Stessier to go the direction he did. You've surprised me yet again, Stess.

Now I'm back to square one on my vote and I think its a damn good thing I waited to hear from Stess. But, put this on hold for a second.

Ok, here was the one point I wanted to make...

Unagi, when was the last time we didn't go toe to toe in a whole game? Not once we did we argue or get snippy about something???

I can't think of once except when we were on the same evil team. Correct?

So, my question to Unagi is - Why are you be all nice to me?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi, please pull your vote on Qantaga.

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I know this is Unagi's favorite part, but voting records:

theohall (lynched):
    -----------------------
    Truicy (2)- Unagi, stessier,
    Scoop (2) - Qantaga, Theohall,
    ChaosRaven (1)- Remus West,
    Theohall (7) - Grundbegriff[/s[, Truicy, MSteelers, RMC, Rshetts2, Scoop, Chaosraven,
    Qantaga (1)- Lassr,
    ------------------------

Qantaga (n-1):
    -----------------------
    Scoop (3)- Grundbegriff, Remus, Quantaga,
    Qantaga (5)- Scoop, Truicy, MSteelers, Lassr, RMC,
    Grundbegriff (1) - Unagi,
    Truicy (1)- Stessier,
    -

No votes cast: ChaosRaven,
    ------------------------

Grund (lynched):
    ------------------------
    Scoop (3)- Grundbegriff, Remus, Quantaga,
    Qantaga (1)- Truicy,
    Grundbegriff (6) - Unagi, Lassr, Scoop, RMC, MSteelers, Chaosraven,
    Truicy (1)- Stessier,
    ------------------------

I honestly don't think I can include the results of the Lassr lynch, since he was proven by Remus at that time, or the RMC lynch since he self-destructed and all three of you were on that vote.

What do I think of these?

1. theohall lynch: This one causes me to think Scoop. On the first lynch of the game, I would expect two wolves to be on the theohall vote and one to be off. It's hard for me to imagine that a good agent could be killed off on the first day without help from at least two wolves. However, the safest place for a wolf to be is off the vote (like Lassr) if the mob is running in that direction. Unagi and stessier are both off the vote, which set off a few warning bells in my head (yes, I realize that this would apply to me, too).

2. Qantaga n-1: This is a tough call. Since I did not end up dead, this one also looks bad for Scoop. A wolf could have killed someone they know to be good (me) for any number of reasons, unless they were already on the vote, which looks bad for Scoop. However, there's Unagi and stessier sitting on the outside looking in, which is still the safe place for a wolf to be. While this scores big points for both of them from me because it would have been very easy to jump on the kill under any number of rationalizations, it still sends a little warning tingle through my brain. Those big points are somewhat negated because they might not have wanted the scrutiny of the killing vote, especially since the two votes immediately in front of them were bad agents.

3. Grund lynch: Unagi and Scoop are both on with Lassr and RMC. stessier is yet again in the safe position of not lynching a good guy.

One thing to notice, both stessier and I were very consistent on our votes during these particular lynches. (stess for tru1cy, me for Scoop).

So, it appears to me that we have a reckless Scoop who doesn't care that he's lined up with one or both of his packmates on each of these votes or a cautious {Unagi or stessier} who are staying off good agent lynch votes, whenever possible. (yes, this includes me, too).

The votes for me and for Grund make me look at little closer at stessier. I would think three rogue agents would want to be split off the vote and not all piled on together. However, 1) stessier's consistency on tru1cy and 2) the fact that he would be the odd (theoretical) wolf out on both my vote and Grund's vote (I would think if the wolves were considering that strategy they would have a different rotation like stessier and RMC on/Lassr off, then Lassr and RMC on/stessier off) are offsetting my stessier suspicions on the voting record.

As I mentioned earlier, the voting records seem to indicate Scoop first, but is he really that reckless (even with his "Scoop-y" reputation) when he is evil?

As noted above, I'm not putting a lot of weight on these voting records, but I am certainly considering them. If I did a pure vote analysis in a vacuum, I would probably view Unagi and stessier a little stronger as bad guy candidates than I listed previously.

I'll be back shortly with the impressions I get from the overall thread.
    Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:Unagi, when was the last time we didn't go toe to toe in a whole game? Not once we did we argue or get snippy about something???

I can't think of once except when we were on the same evil team. Correct?

So, my question to Unagi is - Why are you be all nice to me?
    Well, first Scoop, I pointed that same thing out earlier, so as far as Christmas Morning Theories go, that's a pooper. :csmile:

To be brutally honest, I venture to say we may actually have grown a little less horn locking via the Tron game. I dunno.

And why do I need to move my vote? We need 3 votes. Majority isn't needed, so much as unanomous-1.

I'll remove it if it just distracts you, but let me know when you make a call for votes. :wink:

withdraw Qantaga