2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[WW-Monty Python]Remus' first game - END ENGLISH WIN

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Lassr wrote:
UsulofDoom wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:I swear my oath to queen and country. Long live the monarchy!
we. :wink:
we...or oui? :ninja:
HAHAHA We have you now frog! Only a French man would be arrogant enough to be compelled to correct a limey mistake! :lol:
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

i'm tryin to think of somethin pithy....
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

I'm innocent. Even though I have a french last name, I'm definitely not a Cheese-eating surrender monkey.
Where I go, destruction will follow!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The sun breaks over the cliffs of Dover. Squarely striking Cesare in the chest. Fortunately it doesn't hurt. Unfortunately this is because he is already dead. Carved into his naked chest appear the words "Ce n'était aucun orignal ce peu vous". There are several marks on his arms that seem to have been made with teeth which form a Fleur De Lis. The French have returned! Strike them down faithful English. Charge.

Voting is now open. Let the first lynching begin.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

The killing of Cesare seems to me to be an attempt to 1) remove a good player and 2) frame me. This move seems like it comes from someone who has played several games that have held Cesare and I. Such as the last game.

1. Mr Bubbles
2. UsulofDoom
3. pr0ner
4. ChrisGrenard
5. Cesare - Has shrugged off this mortal coil.
6. Kelric
7. brettmcd
8. ArmyOfOne
9. Lassr
10. ezmate
11. Orinoco
12. PR_GMR
13. Chaosraven
14. Grundbegriff
15. Kraegor
16. Ralph-Wiggum

Mr. Bubbles and Grund are my prime suspects. Mr. Bubbles, prove you are not French or else face somebody's sword! Not mine though, I wouldn't want to dull such a beautiful piece of steel.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Kelric wrote:The killing of Cesare seems to me to be an attempt to 1) remove a good player and 2) frame me. This move seems like it comes from someone who has played several games that have held Cesare and I. Such as the last game.

1. Mr Bubbles
2. UsulofDoom
3. pr0ner
4. ChrisGrenard
5. Cesare - Has shrugged off this mortal coil.
6. Kelric
7. brettmcd
8. ArmyOfOne
9. Lassr
10. ezmate
11. Orinoco
12. PR_GMR
13. Chaosraven
14. Grundbegriff
15. Kraegor
16. Ralph-Wiggum

Mr. Bubbles and Grund are my prime suspects. Mr. Bubbles, prove you are not French or else face somebody's sword! Not mine though, I wouldn't want to dull such a beautiful piece of steel.
Ha.. I think statistically I was bound to be an innocent as I am right now. But you sir are leading too strongly. What have I done.. Nothing.. what have you done.. Possessed French literature in your pocket. I'd say you're pretty high on my list. With that baseless claim I suspect you may be innocent, but then I've been fooled before.. Maybe changing your style in hopes to throw us off your scent. You my sir stink of crossant
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

From what I read somewhere, Mr. Bubbles has been quite the baddie all around. I think he's a frenchie, and his true name is Le Bubbles! My vote is for Mr. Bubbles.

You kill Cesare! You shall pay!

(PR_GMR goes back to eating an avocado)
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

well anecdotal evidence does support that bubbles has a 75% chance of being evil. and if he didnt start that way he eventually became that way. so thus i blieve that it is entirely possible that had he even been innocent he would be guilty by implication.

so perhaps one should ask not whether bubbles is innocent but whether or not he can be innocent?

<looks upon village thoughtfully>
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

You people are making a big mistake. What was this supreme stratagy of killing the silents off the bat. You kill me you find out Im innocent and then where will you be. Thats right.. you would have killed off the voice of reason.

I am but a humble servant of the queen. I serve that I may lay my life down for her. But this is not the moment. If the french kill me then I die in glory, but if my fellow English kill me...Well I don't want to talk about that. Trust in the fact that I act in the best interest of Queen and King.

You still want to kill me.. go ahead, but just like every other game you will hit an innocent. Do you want to go based off the whims of Kelric. Then I say the French have already won.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

/shrug, i'm thinkin kelrics grand strategy is to go in numerical order
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Kraegor wrote:/shrug, i'm thinkin kelrics grand strategy is to go in numerical order
I approve of this strategy. :D
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kelric wrote:Mr. Bubbles and Grund are my prime suspects.
Ben, qu'est-ce que tu as? Tout compte fait, je ne suis ni grenouille ni vieillard!
Chaosraven

<------ Not a Frenchman

Post by Chaosraven »

Numerical Order wrote:1. Mr Bubbles
2. UsulofDoom
3. pr0ner
4. ChrisGrenard
6. Kelric
7. brettmcd
8. ArmyOfOne
9. Lassr
10. ezmate
11. Orinoco
12. PR_GMR
13. Chaosraven
14. Grundbegriff
15. Kraegor
16. Ralph-Wiggum
Ralph-Seize-Wiggum wrote:
Dirty French Kraegor wrote:/shrug, i'm thinkin kelrics grand strategy is to go in numerical order

I approve of this strategy.
Despite the Fact it Lumps me in with the Dirty French I must also Agree whole heartedly. Words capitalized are in no way a hidden message.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Ben, qu'est-ce que tu as? Tout compte fait, je ne suis ni grenouille ni vieillard!
I can assure you he doesn't speak for me.

Anyway back to Tea and Crumpets.
Bertrand Russell
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
I can assure you he doesn't speak for me.

Anyway back to Tea and Crumpets.
That's not Tea and Crumpets... That's French Roast and a Baguette.
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

That Grundbegriff guy talks far too elequently to be an englishman. Always being all philosophical and all that. He must be a stinking frenchie.
There is no problem so large that it cannot be solved by a liberal dosage of explosives.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Ahoy, dropping in just to report my presence. Now back to working on my AAR.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I guess we have to ask ourselves, will we be more upset finding out at the end of the game when Mssr Bubbleaux and pal that we could have killed him Day One?

Or that we killed Him as a true Englishman, when we should have been 'Wary the actual French? Evil though he may have been in nearly every game he's played is it the X-files or the Scooby-Doo?

Tru1cy always seems guilty yet Mostly Innocent, as it turns out.
Kelric not dying the first night is suspicious.
Me not dying the first night is suspicous.

I may have to accuse Kelric and Myself.

So it it X Files where nobody believes and it ALWAYS turns out to be real?
Or Scooby Doo where EVERYONE believes and it always turns out to be false?

"X-files is the Anti-Scooby-Doo!" - Carson, Dork Tower

Are we allowed to vote for ourselves? I know it's bad form, but occasionally not Explicitly Against the Rules...
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:Are we allowed to vote for ourselves? I know it's bad form, but occasionally not Explicitly Against the Rules...
Was not forbidden so I will allow it should someone wish to take one for the crown. Or try to fake like they want to. To try to fake like they are faking trying to take what they were faking. Ah the hell with it. Vote for whoever you want, yourselves included.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I vote we execute ChrisGrenard if the xcom aar isn't updated within the hour :wink:

Not a real vote. All Bandwagonning is the Responsibility of the Actual Voters. Not valid in France
"Where are you off to?"

ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Chaosraven wrote:I vote we execute ChrisGrenard if the xcom aar isn't updated within the hour :wink:

Not a real vote. All Bandwagonning is the Responsibility of the Actual Voters. Not valid in France
Ok, I give permission that if within 1 hour my AAR isn't updated, I'll vote to lynch myself as well. Currently 5:02 pm Mountain, so here we go.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Aw crappe. I should have stipulated that Remus and I graduate Boot Camp and make the Unit cut.
"Where are you off to?"

ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

AAR Done :)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

ChrisGrenard wrote:AAR Done :)
Then Mr Bubbles it is

:twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:AAR Done :)
Then Mr Bubbles it is

:twisted:
You know what.. you're going to French hell. I hope you choke on a french pastery. For all you voting for me.... you might as well be French by proxy.

p.s. I hope when you die you're forced to watch Jerry Lewis 24/7

p.p.s. Chaosraven
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

HA!

Chaosraven.

Two can play at that game, or should I say DEUX...
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Surely Grund wouldn't make it that easy for us would he...speaking French like that? I suspect not. As usual I have no clue at the start of the game it just pure random selection now.

Of course ChrisGrenard using the AAR as an excuse of why he hasn't been around when the franchies killed our fellow english mate is a tiny bit suspicious.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kelric is suspicious but therefore most likely a FrameJob.

But who would stage a sloppy frame?

Hmmm. By being the obvious choice maybe Kelric is hoping to be "under the Radar" in Plain Sight.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

1. Mr Bubbles
2. UsulofDoom
3. pr0ner
4. ChrisGrenard
6. Kelric
7. brettmcd
8. ArmyOfOne
9. Lassr
10. ezmate
11. Orinoco
12. PR_GMR
13. Chaosraven
14. Grundbegriff
15. Kraegor
16. Ralph-Wiggum

Which PAIR is most likely to be the Dastardly Duo in our midst?

Or do we simply start with the quiet ones anyway?
"Where are you off to?"

ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Chaosraven wrote:Kelric is suspicious but therefore most likely a FrameJob.

But who would stage a sloppy frame?

Hmmm. By being the obvious choice maybe Kelric is hoping to be "under the Radar" in Plain Sight.
I'd call that the Pippin tactic.
Pippin wrote:The closer we are to danger, the further we are from harm! It's the last thing he'll suspect.
Treebeard wrote:Well that doesn't make any sense to me... but then, you are very small.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:1. Mr Bubbles
2. UsulofDoom
3. pr0ner
4. ChrisGrenard
6. Kelric
7. brettmcd
8. ArmyOfOne
9. Lassr
10. ezmate
11. Orinoco
12. PR_GMR
13. Chaosraven
14. Grundbegriff
15. Kraegor
16. Ralph-Wiggum

Wait. Is it a pair? I thought it was 3 French bastards.

Edit: Yes, there are 3.
Remus West wrote: 16 players.
Roles:
1 - Brother Maynard - seer type guy
3 - French guys - werewolf type guys
1 - Tim
1 - Sir Robin
1 - Sir Lancelot
1 - Concorde
1 - Dennis
7 - True Englishmen

ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Lassr wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:1. Mr Bubbles
2. UsulofDoom
3. pr0ner
4. ChrisGrenard
6. Kelric
7. brettmcd
8. ArmyOfOne
9. Lassr
10. ezmate
11. Orinoco
12. PR_GMR
13. Chaosraven
14. Grundbegriff
15. Kraegor
16. Ralph-Wiggum

Maybe he meant it in a Ben Folds Five kinda way. You know, a pair is actually three people, or something like that.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

I honestly think the start of the game is a total crap shoot with so many meaningless accusations thrown around.

I say we pick off the least involved (even if it turns out to be me).

Grund, for those of us who don't speak french, would you mind translating?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lassr wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Which PAIR is most likely to be the Dastardly Duo in our midst?

and LASSR wins the BAD GUY PRIZE for pointing out how many Bad Guys there really are... withdraw whatever other votes are attributed to me

(this is known as the Remus Offense)
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Which PAIR is most likely to be the Dastardly Duo in our midst?

and LASSR wins the BAD GUY PRIZE for pointing out how many Bad Guys there really are... withdraw whatever other votes are attributed to me

(this is known as the Remus Offense)
um, so did you actually think there were 2 or is this some kind of elaborate trap or an attempt to divert attention from you?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Maybe ChaosRaven said "pair" because he knows that there are two other frogs, not counting himself! Only a Frenchie would make such a sloppy mistake. Off with his beret!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Maybe ChaosRaven said "pair" because he knows that there are two other frogs, not counting himself! Only a Frenchie would make such a sloppy mistake. Off with his beret!
maybe. I've noticed he is very active in every game he's been in. But right now he's guessing like everyone else. I'm not ready to pin him yet because if he is English then he can be an asset.

I tend to agree that you go for the quiet ones first. If they happen to be innocent then it's not as big a loss if they were not participating. But it being Friday night I'm not going to vote yet since a lot of us are probably out having fun except me. I'm home watching Shootout on History Channel and listening to my daughter and her sleep over friends getting loud...
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

So far it looks like Armyofone is the only person who hasn't participated. I'm gonna give him a bit, but if not then he'll be my man.
Bertrand Russell
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Mr Bubbles wrote:So far it looks like Armyofone is the only person who hasn't participated. I'm gonna give him a bit, but if not then he'll be my man.
Sounds like a plan
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I am Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Game.

Oh wait, I am playing.

Yes it was a Silly Trick to lure out the ones who feel the need to point out how many bad guys there are... often they are the bad guys themselves.

Diverting Attention away from myself is IMPOSSIBLE as I have a cross between Typing Diarrhea and a MPD vying for control of the keyboard.

But regardless of which side decides to do me in, it shall AVAIL THEM NAUGHT! Ha Ha!

Um.

ArmyofOne you say?

Everyone else accounted for, then?
"Where are you off to?"