Lars Werewolf Game 3: [Game is ended]

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Leigh

Post by Leigh »

LordMortis wrote:
Leigh wrote:
Lars wrote: I'm going to wait until at least Thursday or Friday to get the game started, so you have some time to pull out if you're not man enough to handle it. :lol:
[whine] Lars is sexually discriminating and doesn't want me to play! [/whine]
You can pull out? :shock: My image of you is ruined but I can assure you chaosraven will now be absolutely infatuated.

(shh, It's called a strap-on. I'll explain, later. :wink: )
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Lars wrote:
setaside wrote:I would love to be in for this one but work deadlines and moving deadlines prevent me from being able to do so. I'm already over-extended. I will be watching this one though.
I feel bad for you, setaside. You seemed to be very excited in participating in these games, but you died immediately in the last game, and can't participate in this one. I'll be sure to hold a spot for you in the next game I run.
Thats because he's always guilty. He's on my perma guilty list.. Along with Remus, Kelric, Noxious and Crux!
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Lars wrote:
setaside wrote:I would love to be in for this one but work deadlines and moving deadlines prevent me from being able to do so. I'm already over-extended. I will be watching this one though.
I feel bad for you, setaside. You seemed to be very excited in participating in these games, but you died immediately in the last game, and can't participate in this one. I'll be sure to hold a spot for you in the next game I run.
Thats because he's always guilty. He's on my perma guilty list.. Along with Remus, Kelric, Noxious and Crux!

Ditto on the guilty list. I'll add Ralph Wiggum to my list as well :wink:
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Leigh wrote:(shh, It's called a strap-on. I'll explain, later. :wink: )
:shock: Hence Raven's infatuation and my squrimyness.

Raven's Saturday night [NSFW]...

http://www.churchofsatan.org/sbn14.html
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

<----- dancing in my underwear in the living room singing along
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Lars wrote:
I have been guilty only twice. And only once did I do any good at it other than killing Chaosraven which is always good.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
setaside

Post by setaside »

tru1cy wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Lars wrote:

Hey!! I've only been guilty once. You take that back!!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

setaside wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Lars wrote:

But did you win as the bad guys?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
setaside

Post by setaside »

Remus West wrote:
setaside wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Lars wrote:

Nope. It was the second Monty Python game. Unfortunately, my attention was so focused on the perfectly played vampire game that I wasn't able to participate as much as I wanted to.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

setaside wrote:
Remus West wrote:
setaside wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Lars wrote:

Nope. It was the second Monty Python game. Unfortunately, my attention was so focused on the perfectly played vampire game that I wasn't able to participate as much as I wanted to.
or so he wants us to believe. He's already setting himself up as the underdog for the next game. Be afraid.. Setaside has a taste of blood and won't rest until he has quenched his thirst.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Soulbrother#1

Post by Soulbrother#1 »

I'm in. i have never done one of these, but it should be fun. :twisted:
Don't ever take sides against the family; ever.
zoltaire

Post by zoltaire »

I'm in!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Soulbrother#1 wrote:I'm in. i have never done one of these, but it should be fun. :twisted:
Here's a tip for young players: if you're the Hunter, tell everyone as soon as you can. Hey, it worked for me!
Lars

Post by Lars »

Mark wrote:
Soulbrother#1 wrote:I'm in. i have never done one of these, but it should be fun. :twisted:
Here's a tip for young players: if you're the Hunter, tell everyone as soon as you can. Hey, it worked for me!
Be careful listening to Mark, unless, of course, you want tips on how to get yourself lynched as soon as possible. :lol:
Lars

Post by Lars »

A light mist covers the sleepy town of Watch Hill. It hangs over the town like a blanket, keeping the dreams of the townspeople warm as they recover from another hard day's work. If you creep up closely enough on one of the many small huts, the sound of contented sleep can sometimes be heard quite clearly. In other huts, the sounds of grunting, mixed with the sweet, tangy smell of Cheetos hand lotion can send shivers down your spine, and cause bile to rise into your throat. The people of this tiny village have known of nothing other than happiness for many years.

That is about to change.

Werewolves creep through the night, and they are hungry. Very hungry. And the smorgasbord has just opened.

It is now NIGHT. All of the PMs have been sent to EVERYONE in the game, in order to not cause any confusion. *cough*LordMortis*cough* So, time to get busy. Those of you with the appropriate roles, ask me your questions. Werewolves, talk among yourselves, and let me know your decision. Masons, you can talk among yourselves. Everyone else, please remain silent regarding game talk until the day cycle begins. Good luck to all.
yossar

Post by yossar »

I vote to lynch setaside
Dreamcast Krew 4 Life
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

[quote="LordMortis"]

Hey Nameless, long time no post. How's the little one? What happened to the 77?
[/quote]

Different Nameless, I'm afraid. For a while, the software back on Gonegold let us both have the same name. He added the 77 to prevent confusion.

Either that, or I've got a little one out there I'm unaware of, which would come as quite a surprise to me, to be sure.
Mark

Post by Mark »

zzzzzzzzzzz.
yossar

Post by yossar »

At first I thought the priest role totally sucks now that you know automatically if someone was a werewolf or not. But with the limited communications allowed, maybe it isn't so bad. I'm still trying to figure out how the ability would best be used, though.
Dreamcast Krew 4 Life
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Yeah, the Priest does seem to have the situation of "I have this power, but does it actually help me in any way?"

On the other hand, it's probably one of the safer roles to play, at least if it's publicly known. The werewolves are mainly going to want to off the Seer, Hunter, and Masons. So being known as the Priest probably makes you less of a target than just being someone random.
Soulbrother#1

Post by Soulbrother#1 »

MMMMMMM Cheetos and lotion. They go together like cokies and milk. I just pray this time i don't end up looking like a Simpson
Don't ever take sides against the family; ever.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Lars wrote:
One of my ancestors was once guilty. However another of mine also was a Seer and saved a village from werewolves! So go easy on the accusations there.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lars wrote:All of the PMs have been sent to EVERYONE in the game, in order to not cause any confusion. *cough*LordMortis*cough*
That hurts, man. I'm happily confused.
Nameless wrote:Different Nameless, I'm afraid. For a while, the software back on Gonegold let us both have the same name. He added the 77 to prevent confusion.

Either that, or I've got a little one out there I'm unaware of, which would come as quite a surprise to me, to be sure.
Well then, I have to dissassociate you in my mind. That may take awhile.

My, we are an awfully chatty group at night.

As far as the priest goes, he gets to know if someone is lying to save their skin. When ND proclaims don't lynch me you fools, I am a Mason and you are destroying a known voting block. Then Yossar can proclaim (or silently just know) that ND is lying and if he is lying then he is either the sorcerer or the one of wolves perhaps trying to get the Masons to step forward and accuse him of lying.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

*wakes up suddenly during the night*

*goes to the window and peers out*

*notices that only a light breeze is stirring the laundry hung behind Mr. Bubbles' house.*

*Inhales the sweet night air.*
*pauses mid-breath*

Do I smell wet dog?

*shrugs and goes back to bed*
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Leigh wrote:*wakes up suddenly during the night*

*goes to the window and peers out*

*notices that only a light breeze is stirring the laundry hung behind Mr. Bubbles' house.*

*Inhales the sweet night air.*
*pauses mid-breath*

Do I smell wet dog?

*shrugs and goes back to bed*
Umm isn't anything game related suppose to wait for morning?
Bertrand Russell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Umm isn't anything game related suppose to wait for morning?
I don't think so, I think the only time we can PM is at night and only a few people under a few circumstances can do so. But open communication day or night if fine. But then again, I confuse easily. [crosses arms] *harumph*
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:Umm isn't anything game related suppose to wait for morning?
I don't think so, I think the only time we can PM is at night and only a few people under a few circumstances can do so. But open communication day or night if fine. But then again, I confuse easily. [crosses arms] *harumph*
Yes, you are confused. There was to be no communication about the game during the night. And no PM communication between anyone during the day.
Lars wrote:All personal messaging is prohibited. The only exceptions are the werewolves, whom are allowed to personal message between themselves, and the masons, which can also personal message between themselves. However, all of the personal messages can only take place during the night cycle. This rule exempts the personal messaging to the moderator, of course.
So, what this means is that, during the day cycle, all conversations must take place in the thread, NO EXCEPTIONS. This will, of course, swing the advantages back towards the wolves again, as it will not be possible to build up a secret voting block behind the scenes. This will also make it much more interesting for the "audience", and for the innocent villagers, who will have much more of an opportunity to be involved in the game instead of sitting around waiting for things to happen.
See.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Well, Lars did say that game talk should wait until morning. I'm assuming that abstract discussion of the rules and so on is probably permissible, but anything about this particular game is out.

Just to be on the safe side, I think I'll refrain from posting further in this thread until daybreak.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:Yes, you are confused. There was to be no communication about the game during the night. And no PM communication between anyone during the day.
Lars wrote:All personal messaging is prohibited. The only exceptions are the werewolves, whom are allowed to personal message between themselves, and the masons, which can also personal message between themselves. However, all of the personal messages can only take place during the night cycle. This rule exempts the personal messaging to the moderator, of course.
So, what this means is that, during the day cycle, all conversations must take place in the thread, NO EXCEPTIONS. This will, of course, swing the advantages back towards the wolves again, as it will not be possible to build up a secret voting block behind the scenes. This will also make it much more interesting for the "audience", and for the innocent villagers, who will have much more of an opportunity to be involved in the game instead of sitting around waiting for things to happen.
See.
Yes. Yes I am confused. I don't see where it says no talk at night there. :? What I read there is the rules for talking about game outside of the thead (don't) and the rules for PMing (Only at night. Only by limited roles. And only for specifically defined purposes.)

I hate being me.
setaside

Post by setaside »

yossar wrote:I vote to lynch setaside
:ninja:
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

In a meeting till this afternoon.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I thought it implied that the only communication during the night was to be the PMs thus keeping this close to the face to face version. Maybe I'm the one confused now. Maybe Lars will come by and clear it up.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Sorry, I guess I just got carried away by the night. I hate not being able to talk. My earlier comments were not meant to cast suspicion . Mr. Bubbles' laundry and the smell of wet dog were meant to be mutually exclusive. I'd erase it, but I've already been quoted. *shrugs* Deal with it.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Leigh wrote:Mr. Bubbles' laundry and the smell of wet dog were meant to be mutually exclusive.
Awesome.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

i assume random terrified chatter is 24/7 and secret decoder messages (PM) are at night only.

im curious bout this face to face game, so there are controlled speaking periods? if you speak out of turn do you get slapped with the hand of justice?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Ok Im confused. I thought it was no commuincation at night minus the PM"s, but you're right.. I don't see it anywhere.. We need Lars... LARS!!
Bertrand Russell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraegor wrote:i assume random terrified chatter is 24/7 and secret decoder messages (PM) are at night only.

im curious bout this face to face game, so there are controlled speaking periods? if you speak out of turn do you get slapped with the hand of justice?
I don't think Lars is trying to emulate the face to face game but rather balance the strengths of a publicly played game.

There are no controlled speaking anything in the face to face game. What happens during the night cycle is the moderator has everyone cover their eyes. The modertor then silently communicates with each of the roles, in turn by asking them to uncover their eyes and basically point out their intentions before returning to having their eyes covered. When all roles are done everyone uncovers their eyes and the moderator acts as storyteller to describe the nights events.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

LordMortis wrote:
Kraegor wrote:i assume random terrified chatter is 24/7 and secret decoder messages (PM) are at night only.

I don't think Lars is trying to emulate the face to face game but rather balance the strengths of a publicly played game.

There are no controlled speaking anything in the face to face game. What happens during the night cycle is the moderator has everyone cover their eyes. The modertor then silently communicates with each of the roles, in turn by asking them to uncover their eyes and basically point out their intentions before returning to having their eyes covered. When all roles are done everyone uncovers their eyes and the moderator acts as storyteller to describe the nights events.
Im not covering my eyes when you're around.. I've seen what happens
Bertrand Russell
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Well, I thought I understood things, but I think I'm actually getting more confused now. I'd assume it's there to keep people from trying to claim an early advantage before everyone's up and running, but now I'm not sure whether it's only for PMs or not. And is it only the first night, or all of them?
Lars

Post by Lars »

LordMortis wrote:As far as the priest goes, he gets to know if someone is lying to save their skin. When ND proclaims don't lynch me you fools, I am a Mason and you are destroying a known voting block. Then Yossar can proclaim (or silently just know) that ND is lying and if he is lying then he is either the sorcerer or the one of wolves perhaps trying to get the Masons to step forward and accuse him of lying.
That would be a good plan. Unfortunetely, that's not how the priest role works.
The Priest can, during the night cycle, discover the true role of one player who was previously killed. That includes giving the Priest the truth if the player was a Werewolf, the Seer, the Sorcerer, etc. This ability can only be used once in the game.
The priest role isn't powerful. It can be useful in certain circumstances, however.
Nameless wrote:Well, Lars did say that game talk should wait until morning. I'm assuming that abstract discussion of the rules and so on is probably permissible, but anything about this particular game is out.
... and of course, the lurker is concise and right on target. Good job! :)

Ok, allow me to clear up the confusion. I'll do it role-by-role. Let me just say that anyone can personal message me anytime, so I don't apply to the below rules.

Werewolves - can PM between themselves at night only, NO PERSONAL MESSAGES DURING THE DAY TO ANYONE, INCLUDING BETWEEN THEMSELVES.

Masons - can PM between themselves at night only, NO PERSONAL MESSAGES DURING THE DAY TO ANYONE, INCLUDING BETWEEN THEMSELVES.

Sorcerer - NO PERSONAL MESSAGES TO ANYONE, EVER

Werewolf Hunter - NO PERSONAL MESSAGES TO ANYONE, EVER

Seer - NO PERSONAL MESSAGES TO ANYONE, EVER

Priest - NO PERSONAL MESSAGES TO ANYONE, EVER

Medium - NO PERSONAL MESSAGES TO ANYONE, EVER

Innocent - NO PERSONAL MESSAGES TO ANYONE, EVER

Hope that clears it up.