THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

The Resistance: Avalon (Game Over)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: The Resistance: Avalon

Post by stessier »

I'm guessing we're waiting for Chaos to get off work. <insert Jeopardy theme here>
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I will indeed scan  REMUS WEST 

(and actually I have Jury Duty)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaosraven wrote: (and actually I have Jury Duty)
Spoiler:
They're guilty.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:
Spoiler:
They're guilty.
Hand out jury nullification pamphlets to your fellow jury members. Judges and lawyers love an activist jury. :pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Spoiler:
They're guilty.
Hand out jury nullification pamphlets to your fellow jury members. Judges and lawyers love an antichrist activist jury. :pop:
This is how I first read your post.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote:
Spoiler:
They're guilty.
You say that without even scanning them?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:I will indeed scan  REMUS WEST 

The Lady of the Lake has learned the alignment (Good||Evil) of Remus West.
Remus West is now the Lady of the Lake.

This ends Quest #3. But which way must we go to find the Staff of Human Resources? Back and to the left.

The next Leader is Isgrimnur. Please propose a Questing Party of Five members.

Quest #4 will fail only if at least two party members choose to fail.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I will await information for other parties.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:I will await information for other parties.
I wouldn't put Chaosraven, El Guapo, or Holman in any party. Include me or not as you think best.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ok, I wasn't expecting Remus to be GOOD.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

So should I just punt, add Remus to the current party, and hope it's not game over? I can politic with that and kick the can down to my successor to ferret out the rat in our party.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote:
I wouldn't put Chaosraven, El Guapo, or Holman in any party. Include me or not as you think best.
I asked before, and you still haven't explained why stessier and RMC (also in Quest 2) get a pass from you.
Last edited by Holman on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Interesting (and good to know).

Isgrimnur, I can't see any reason for you not to include yourself. If you're good, then obviously you know you're good and should be included. If you're evil, you're going to include yourself for that reason. I would respectfully request that you not include yourself if you are evil, though.

So the ideal party assuming that is: Isgrimnur, me, Chaosraven, Remus, and ... not sure the last person, but Scoop seems the least suspicious to me of the rest at the moment (and even if he's evil, as long as you are good that party can't fail as we need two fail votes to fail Quest #40.

That assumes, of course, that you believe me. If not, I would mainly stay away from the stessier / RMC / Holman group. If you *really* need to pick someone out of that, I would say my best guess is that stessier is the lone good guy among them. Though of course I don't know why I'm making suggestions premised on the contingency that you don't believe me, as in that scenario you've already stopped listening.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Chaosraven wrote:Ok, I wasn't expecting Remus to be GOOD.
ElG says Chaos is Good.
Chaos says RW is Good.

Do we really have a chain of Good people finding only other Good people or is there an Evil mixed in?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Isgrimnur wrote:So should I just punt, add Remus to the current party, and hope it's not game over? I can politic with that and kick the can down to my successor to ferret out the rat in our party.
Remus is GOOD.

Who's the suggested party?
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Moliere wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Ok, I wasn't expecting Remus to be GOOD.
ElG says Chaos is Good.
Chaos says RW is Good.

Do we really have a chain of Good people finding only other Good people or is there an Evil mixed in?
I cannot attest to El Gs alignment.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

El Guapo wrote:Interesting (and good to know).

Isgrimnur, I can't see any reason for you not to include yourself. If you're good, then obviously you know you're good and should be included. If you're evil, you're going to include yourself for that reason. I would respectfully request that you not include yourself if you are evil, though.

So the ideal party assuming that is: Isgrimnur, me, Chaosraven, Remus, and ... not sure the last person, but Scoop seems the least suspicious to me of the rest at the moment (and even if he's evil, as long as you are good that party can't fail as we need two fail votes to fail Quest #40.

That assumes, of course, that you believe me. If not, I would mainly stay away from the stessier / RMC / Holman group. If you *really* need to pick someone out of that, I would say my best guess is that stessier is the lone good guy among them. Though of course I don't know why I'm making suggestions premised on the contingency that you don't believe me, as in that scenario you've already stopped listening.
And before the scan I would have said stessier is the more likely evil.
But with Remus out of it, I am second guessing my suspicion of stessier.

We need a Mastermind Chart of what's happened before we do anything rash.
"Where are you off to?"

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Grundbegriff wrote:The members of Team Failure Two, Electric Boogaloo, were: Isgrimnur, Moliere , bb2112, and Remus West.

The choice counts were:
FAILURE: 1
SUCCESS: 3
My current plan is to add one member to this one. We had one failure. If I can keep it at one failure by adding a good member, then we go to sudden death, and Moliere or subsequent party creator needs to figure out who the traitor is amongst the above.

At the end of the day, it's up to everyone to vote on it.

Official Proposed Party
Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West
Chaosraven

One failure is as good as a success, and I'm trusting our scanners. If we have one failure vote, Moliere remains under suspicion, and is the next party gatherer. bb2112 would be the other under suspicion.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Should I regard that as final, as if you had used the accuse tag? Or do you just mean officially under discussion?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Leave it for discussion. I'll confirm or modify tomorrow.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Thanks for clarifying.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Official Proposed Party
Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West
Chaosraven
Besides including me, which I understand why one wouldn't, I can't think of any better options.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I am very surprised that CR came back with a good verdict on RW.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:The members of Team Failure Two, Electric Boogaloo, were: Isgrimnur, Moliere , bb2112, and Remus West.

The choice counts were:
My current plan is to add one member to this one. We had one failure. If I can keep it at one failure by adding a good member, then we go to sudden death, and Moliere or subsequent party creator needs to figure out who the traitor is amongst the above.

Official Proposed Party
Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West
Chaosraven

One failure is as good as a success, and I'm trusting our scanners. If we have one failure vote, Moliere remains under suspicion, and is the next party gatherer. bb2112 would be the other under suspicion.
I really can't think of a better plan. Part of me wants to suggest you switch out either you or Moliere with El Guapo and go all in on with the Ladies, but that could be very good, or game endingly bad. We can't afford the miss. I have no idea what we are going to do if we manage to pass this quest. We still have at least one bad guy even amongst this group and have to figure out a way to field 5 untainted party members out of a field of 10.

The other thing that is nagging at me, is what if all the Ladies have been bad. El Guapo really didn't take any suggestions on who to scan. He could have just passed it off to a bad player in CR, then CR scanned RW. There was some discussion with CR as Lady, but I still believe the better scan would have been Stess. And yes, I get that CR could be bad and looking to gain cred by proclaiming RW good if RW really is good. There are not enough rounds in this game to get a good feel of what is going on.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:There are not enough rounds in this game to get a good feel of what is going on.
So... it's accurately modeling Camelot! :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I asked before, and you still haven't explained why stessier and RMC (also in Quest 2) get a pass from you.
Nobody has gotten a pass from me. I simply distrust some (El Guapo, Chaosraven, and You) more than others.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Hey why am I labeled bad? I liked everything Remus has said, and if he is good, as we are assuming, then I was on the side of good all along.

I added my self to a party and 2 bad guys showed up. Why would I have added myself and then basically reveled myself as evil? I would have been better to let the quest pass, and then be labeled 'good'.

<shrug> Anyway, I am off to a day of traveling to the main hospital so will be silent for the rest of the afternoon. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:

The choice counts were:

Official Proposed Party
Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West
Chaosraven

I will not vote to accept a party containing Chaosraven. His statement that I am good is wonderful and all but I still think he is Evil and simply trying to gain some credit for the last important questing group. I'd put Scoop there instead. His claims of being good seem to be the most genuine to me.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Team 2 had at least two evil.
stessier
RMC
Holman
El Guapo

Team three had at least one evil
Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West

Not on those teams:
Chaosraven
Scoop20906

If we assume that none of the evils hid on those votes, regardless of picking Group Two or None, I have have a 50% chance of picking good/evil. If we assume that at least one evil hid, then I should add either CR or Scoop, as both would be good.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If we suspect Remus of dissembling, that would mean ElG-CR-RW-Scoop would be the list of evils, as it would spike the 4th mission for failure and an evil win.

If we trust that
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

RW is pushing to oust CR, even after CR's scan says he is good. RW would not try to throw CR off the team if both were on team evil, especially since RW would be very happy to have CR with him on the quest if that were the case. If CR were good and RW evil, CR would not have declared RW good. Based on this, I feel pretty good about RW.

My initial thoughts were El G and CR are bad. I have flipped back and forth on this repeatedly, but I really didn't like how CR was picked for the scan. It felt more like El G was directing it instead of the village forcing the scan choice. A villager would have taken more of a vote, an evil would have tried to direct. This is just gut feeling.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:Based on this, I feel pretty good about RW.
That being said, I am still unclear on why he feels so strongly about Holman and CR.

RW, can you go over your thoughts about why you believe both Holman and CR are evil again?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Why would CR throw the scan to a good member? If evil were to scan a good, why not lie about it to ensure one more good member is out of the selection pool permanently?

If Remus gets CR thrown off and replaced with someone else, and they vote to pass it, Remus becomes more trusted, and can spike the final mission.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:If we suspect Remus of dissembling, that would mean ElG-CR-RW-Scoop would be the list of evils, as it would spike the 4th mission for failure and an evil win.

If we trust that
Not the case. If that were the list of evils, RW would have been happy to let the group you are suggesting fly. RW and CR would have spiked the quest and it would have been game over. Either RW and CR are both good, or CR is evil and RW is good. I can't see any other middle ground based on CR's scan.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Why would CR throw the scan to a good member? If evil were to scan a good, why not lie about it to ensure one more good member is out of the selection pool permanently?

If Remus gets CR thrown off and replaced with someone else, and they vote to pass it, Remus becomes more trusted, and can spike the final mission.
As RW suggested, for CR to gain cred. They only need to kill one of the next 2 missions. If the bad guy from your list is paired with CR (and CR is evil) then it is a win for the bad guys. If CR doesn't get picked this time, maybe he can weasel his way onto the last vote and spike that one. It is not a bad play for an endgame scenario.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:I have flipped back and forth on this repeatedly, but I really didn't like how CR was picked for the scan. It felt more like El G was directing it instead of the village forcing the scan choice. A villager would have taken more of a vote, an evil would have tried to direct. This is just gut feeling.
FWIW again I did want input, and I did discuss it with the only person who cared to share thoughts on the scan choice (stessier). A full day had passed since the scan turn started and I wasn't sure that I was going to get any more input. You can take that for what it's worth, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm fine with Isgrimnur's proposed team. As I said as long as we add someone who is good to the current team then we should be good, and Chaosraven / Remus / myself are the only people who I can be certain are good (and Remus was already on the Quest #3 team).
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote:Hey why am I labeled bad? I liked everything Remus has said, and if he is good, as we are assuming, then I was on the side of good all along.

I added my self to a party and 2 bad guys showed up. Why would I have added myself and then basically reveled myself as evil? I would have been better to let the quest pass, and then be labeled 'good'.
Not really. Team Evil couldn't really risk failing Quest #2 and falling behind 2-0 (especially with a "2 fail votes required" Quest 4 still ahead). Even if the optics of voting to fail were bad for you, you would (if you're evil) very likely have voted to fail anyway, as the consequences of Quest #2 succeeding would outweigh the risks of you looking bad.

Besides, even if Evil RMC voted to succeed and Evil Teammate TBD (but probably Holman) voted to fail, which would have been ideal for you, you wouldn't have escaped suspicion in that scenario (you wouldn't automatically have been labeled 'good').
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I have flipped back and forth on this repeatedly, but I really didn't like how CR was picked for the scan. It felt more like El G was directing it instead of the village forcing the scan choice. A villager would have taken more of a vote, an evil would have tried to direct. This is just gut feeling.
FWIW again I did want input, and I did discuss it with the only person who cared to share thoughts on the scan choice (stessier). A full day had passed since the scan turn started and I wasn't sure that I was going to get any more input. You can take that for what it's worth, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm fine with Isgrimnur's proposed team. As I said as long as we add someone who is good to the current team then we should be good, and Chaosraven / Remus / myself are the only people who I can be certain are good (and Remus was already on the Quest #3 team).
I just went back and reread it. I get what you are saying. It was just that your 24 hour span was Good Friday and there were a lot of people AFK. I know we are trying for more of a faster paced game, but it was a holiday and the only person making a suggestion was Stess. Probably one of the few that were on during that time period. And even then you ignored his suggestion of scanning Holman and went your own way anyway.

I am putting together some thoughts. Bear with me, it probably wont be until this afternoon before I can it out.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

I just went back and reread it. I get what you are saying. It was just that your 24 hour span was Good Friday and there were a lot of people AFK. I know we are trying for more of a faster paced game, but it was a holiday and the only person making a suggestion was Stess. Probably one of the few that were on during that time period. And even then you ignored his suggestion of scanning Holman and went your own way anyway.

I am putting together some thoughts. Bear with me, it probably wont be until this afternoon before I can it out.
Ahhhh, that's helpful to know actually - I'm Jewish, so I was like "why aren't more people on??" :lol:

FWIW I didn't ignore Stessier's suggestion of Holman (and I did give Holman significant consideration as a scan choice), I just didn't find his reasoning persuasive (and took some comfort that he agreed that Chaosraven was a reasonable alternative).
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Official Proposed Party 

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West
Chaosraven
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Isgrimnur wrote: Official Proposed Party 

Isgrimnur
Moliere
bb2112
Remus West
Chaosraven
Is that official official? Or just another topic for consideration?