2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

The Trump Impeachment Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

em2nought

Re: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Post by em2nought »

Holman wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:29 pm Yeah, that sounds like something a lover of liberty rather than violent coercion would say.
Well, youse guys have antifa so.... It's just a hypothetical in regards to disenfranchisement. :mrgreen:
Israel: Essentially "The Alamo" 24/7, 365 since 1947
Holman

Post by Holman »

Dude, "antifa" is nothing but thirty hothead punks in Portland/Berkeley plus a Tucker Carlson fever dream.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

But yeah, as long as we're using sane and measured language...

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Nobody tell him that he lost the vote.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Holman wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:28 pm But yeah, as long as we're using sane and measured language...

Yeah. It's a coup to install President Pence. If the Rs weren't so stupid, they would realize how munch better off they could be with Pence.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:16 pm Dude, "antifa" is nothing but thirty hothead punks in Portland/Berkeley plus a Tucker Carlson fever dream.
...and who here is cheering them on?
Holman wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:28 pm But yeah, as long as we're using sane and measured language...

We have military and border wall rights now? That is so much hotter than free healthcare.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

And I wonder how long it's gonna be before we reach a tipping point where our total dysfunction leads us to a soviet style collapse.

Not really hoping for one (anymore)... Just wondering.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Boo hoo. Trump dished it out to Obama for 8 years, but can't even take the heat after 3 years.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Formix

Post by Formix »

What a snowflake.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:48 pm Not really hoping for one (anymore)...
I find that hard to believe.
Hodor.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

So what is this about?
State Department Inspector General Steve Linick has requested to meet Wednesday with a number of Senate and House committees "to discuss and provide staff with copies of documents related to the State Department and Ukraine," according to a letter first reported by the Washington Post.
I was out of the loop for most of the day yesterday, so maybe I'm missing some key info. But this seems like it could be big.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

msteelers wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:47 am So what is this about?
State Department Inspector General Steve Linick has requested to meet Wednesday with a number of Senate and House committees "to discuss and provide staff with copies of documents related to the State Department and Ukraine," according to a letter first reported by the Washington Post.
I was out of the loop for most of the day yesterday, so maybe I'm missing some key info. But this seems like it could be big.
One rumor I saw on Twitter via Popehat indicates that Pompeo is threatening "discipline" against State Department employees who cooperate with Congress.

Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I almost...strong almost...can't believe it because it sounds so clearly illegal. Congressional oversight is a bedrock part of our system. There has always been some tension there but asking, "Can we punish people for cooperating with a lawful investigation?" That sort of breakdown is hard to believe and would be another real attack on the system. The IG marching this right over to Congress makes sense to me if this is the case.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

malchior wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:58 am I almost...strong almost...can't believe it because it sounds so clearly illegal. Congressional oversight is a bedrock part of our system. There has always been some tension there but asking, "Can we punish people for cooperating with a lawful investigation?" That sort of breakdown is hard to believe and would be another real attack on the system. The IG marching this right over to Congress makes sense to me if this is the case.
What's so hard to believe? The yes men around Trump have absolutely no morals and no regard for what is right and what is wrong. The thing they care about more than anything else is their own self preservation. It's easy to believe that Pompeo would punish people for cooperating.
FTE
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:47 am
Yes, that's because Drazzil has demonstrated an enormous lack of character and a total lack of honesty.
You aren't alone.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Scraper wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 am
malchior wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:58 am I almost...strong almost...can't believe it because it sounds so clearly illegal. Congressional oversight is a bedrock part of our system. There has always been some tension there but asking, "Can we punish people for cooperating with a lawful investigation?" That sort of breakdown is hard to believe and would be another real attack on the system. The IG marching this right over to Congress makes sense to me if this is the case.
What's so hard to believe? The yes men around Trump have absolutely no morals and no regard for what is right and what is wrong. The thing they care about more than anything else is their own self preservation. It's easy to believe that Pompeo would punish people for cooperating.
It isn't surprising that he would punish people. What is a little surprising/galling is that he felt safe enough to request what he has to know is unethical/illegal activity through the normal channel. This is full late-Stage 4 proto-fascism stuff happening in front of us.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In their defense, what consequences have they suffered as a result of stonewalling? Again, not excusable behavior, but when nothing comes of it I can't blame them entirely. When various committees finally get a spine and make an example out of someone, I'm guessing the attitude will shift. Also, please make an example out of someone.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

And here comes Putin, throwing gasoline on the fire to sow chaos:
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday defended Donald Trump over accusations the US leader pressured Kiev to dig up dirt on a rival, saying there was "nothing compromising" in transcripts of the call.

"I see nothing compromising in the conversation between Trump and (Ukrainian leader Volodymyr) Zelensky," Putin said of the phone call that has sparked an impeachment probe in the US.

"President Trump turned to a colleague with a request to investigate possible corruption relating to members of the former administration," the Russian leader said at an energy forum in Moscow.
How again does he know what Trump said exactly to Zelensky?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

From the transcripts
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:01 am And here comes Putin, throwing gasoline on the fire to sow chaos:
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday defended Donald Trump over accusations the US leader pressured Kiev to dig up dirt on a rival, saying there was "nothing compromising" in transcripts of the call.

"I see nothing compromising in the conversation between Trump and (Ukrainian leader Volodymyr) Zelensky," Putin said of the phone call that has sparked an impeachment probe in the US.

"President Trump turned to a colleague with a request to investigate possible corruption relating to members of the former administration," the Russian leader said at an energy forum in Moscow.
I'd assume he is talking to the transcript. That said it is unsurprising to hear that Putin and Trump see eye to eye on political interference.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Unagi wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:06 am From the transcripts memorandum summary released by the White House
An important difference. Continuing to maintain we've heard (or read) actual transcripts is muddying the waters.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Absolutely.
And I’m in agreement that the distinction should be made.

I almost wrote: ‘from the memo’
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LITERALLY melting down in real time.

Hodor.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Call that bluff. X Democratic bills passed by the House that McConnell won’t let the Senate vote on. 0 bills proposed by President Trump. The failure of leadership is incredible.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:08 pm LITERALLY melting down in real time.

Is the president swearing in ALL CAPS on par with Obama wearing a tan suit? Should the GOP be rioting or something right about now?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

No more govt = No more social saftey net while I look for a job. I know what side of the toast my butter is (literally) on. This stuff is totally scary for me.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:53 am
Yes, that's because Drazzil has demonstrated an enormous lack of character and a total lack of honesty.
You aren't alone.
Character? Honesty? Based on what? My voting record? My posting record? The fact that I voted for a guy who turned out to be a wrecking ball tossed into American politics? A bad man who seems hell bent on getting impeached and taking the whole GOP with him? I wanted this outcome. If three years of Trump takes out half the GOP, I say great job, vote well cast.

The longest lasting legacy of Trump will be his court picks, and there are ways of getting rid of those too.

As far as the "Hillary for prison" post, well. I was never serious about that. Not really. I mean drafting politicans for prison? Its supposed to be funny.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:01 pmI wanted this outcome.
And there's the data for both points.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:01 am And here comes Putin, throwing gasoline on the fire to sow chaos:

Because Putin was on the other line?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:03 pmBecause Putin was on the other line?
Putin is a master manipulator and I absolutely believe he's intentionally injecting ambiguity into his statement to suggest that he knows more than we do.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Drazzil wrote:
You aren't alone.
Character? Honesty? Based on what? My voting record? My posting record? The fact that I voted for a guy who turned out to be a wrecking ball tossed into American politics? A bad man who seems hell bent on getting impeached and taking the whole GOP with him? I wanted this outcome. If three years of Trump takes out half the GOP, I say great job, vote well cast.
Umm, you voted for Trump? Seemed to have missed that somewhere along the line. It's a free country of course and you can vote for whomever you want.

Of course I also have the option to point out that The Joker is a fictional character and voting to burn it all down and sow chaos for change is pretty fucking stupid.

Oh and your comment about there are ways to get rid of judges boggles the mind since the bar for removing sitting Federal judges is kind of high .

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It wouldn't surprise me if Putin received an actual transcript of the Ukrainegate call from his own intelligence services.

And I'm not even talking about the branch operating out of the Oval Office... :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Drazzil wrote:
You aren't alone.
Umm, you voted for Trump? Seemed to have missed that somewhere along the line. It's a free country of course and you can vote for whomever you want.

Of course I also have the option to point out that The Joker is a fictional character and voting to burn it all down and sow chaos for change is pretty fucking stupid.

Oh and your comment about there are ways to get rid of judges boggles the mind since the bar for removing sitting Federal judges is kind of high .
Yeah but it's possible, and once we get one removed, the script should get easier. I'm guessing removing Trump judges will be like eating potato chips. Can't stop with just one. And won't they be easier to remove on account of they will be incompetant and perhaps corrupt to boot?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Trumps trying so hard to hang onto the Schiff statement as being a big deal. Of course some of the republicans are playing along saying they will censor him for it, but if this is the best defense he can muster it's going to get much uglier very quick. Did I mention I hate this timeline? And if you look at the markets it seems like he may have done in 4 years what took GWB 8. So at least he can be proud of that? :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Not sure which thread this should go in, so I'll put it here.

Confirmed: A source familiar tells me the State Department IG briefing on the Hill is about retaliation against State Department officials who are trying to cooperate with House Democrats.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:54 pm Yeah but it's possible, and once we get one removed, the script should get easier. I'm guessing removing Trump judges will be like eating potato chips. Can't stop with just one. And won't they be easier to remove on account of they will be incompetant and perhaps corrupt to boot?
Short answer is: No.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lets hope Trump is as good at his defense as he is at deals.

Also all these subpoena folks that either dont show up or do but say nothing. If normal everyday citizens did this they'd go to jail. Is all this not something they can go to jail for? The WH and it's circle are a bunch of scumbags circle one giant dildo infested scumbag and none of them are uncorrupted. So why aren't any of them serving some time yet?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Trump probably has pardons printed out like a prescription pad on his desk.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

stessier wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:28 pm
Drazzil wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:54 pm Yeah but it's possible, and once we get one removed, the script should get easier. I'm guessing removing Trump judges will be like eating potato chips. Can't stop with just one. And won't they be easier to remove on account of they will be incompetant and perhaps corrupt to boot?
Short answer is: No.
I'm guessing when Trump and Pence are removed from office, either thru impeachment or by the ballot; once Kavenaugh is removed we will see a flurry of resignations.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:01 pm Character? Honesty? Based on what?
What kind of a person would go and vote for Trump and then immediately hide that point of fact and go around pretending to have voted for Hillary to blend in with a group of people?
That's the 'character' I am talking about. And that's also the 'honesty' I speak of.
Drazzil wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:01 pm The fact that I voted for a guy who turned out to be a wrecking ball tossed into American politics? A bad man who seems hell bent on getting impeached and taking the whole GOP with him? I wanted this outcome. If three years of Trump takes out half the GOP, I say great job, vote well cast.
Oh, this was all part of your plan. We will be thanking you later? or is this just you lying to us - hmmm.... :think:
Drazzil wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:01 pm The longest lasting legacy of Trump will be his court picks, and there are ways of getting rid of those too.
Right, lets see that happen.

Drazzil wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:01 pm As far as the "Hillary for prison" post, well. I was never serious about that. Not really. I mean drafting politicans for prison? Its supposed to be funny.
No, but behind the 'silly' was the entire idea that Hillary is actually deserving of some punishment for some crime, or what? Back that up.... What is it that you are so Hateful for Hillary about? I'm serious... cause frankly - you come across at this point as a fake to me...