[WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Game over)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Mr Bubbles

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Day 4)

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:ummm oops?
That sucks. With that post I'm thinking theohall and Bubbles - particularly given the rush on bb2112.
If you think that post means anything than you're trying to make something out of nothing, which makes you suspect.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
That sucks. With that post I'm thinking theohall and Bubbles - particularly given the rush on bb2112.
If you think that post means anything than you're trying to make something out of nothing, which makes you suspect.
I think it means someone dies tonight then 1 of you or theohall shoots someone tomorrow and the game is over. Feel free to suspect all you want. If I'm right then you know better than to "suspect" me.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I think it means someone dies tonight then 1 of you or theohall shoots someone tomorrow and the game is over. Feel free to suspect all you want. If I'm right then you know better than to "suspect" me.
Smelling the blood in the water.. ready to make the move?
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Glad to know you are wrong.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
:roll:
If I were laying ground work I would simply send a PM to Lassr saying "kill x and begin the day by shooting y". Game over. There is no ground work to be laid for the bad guys in that situation.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

theohall wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Glad to know you are wrong.
Isn't that the kicker. We all have different suspects.. But when all is said and done.. wouldn't it just be the safe bet to Lynch Remus :wink: :P
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
:roll:
If I were laying ground work I would simply send a PM to Lassr saying "kill x and begin the day by shooting y". Game over. There is no ground work to be laid for the bad guys in that situation.
Amazing.. You are the king of trying to spin things. There are so many possibilities, but hey.. that shouldn't stop a toaster like you.
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The weather deteriorated overnight. There were no ice shards this time but the wind began howling early this morning. Often picking up the snow from the ground causing temporary white outs. Everyone braved the elements and met at the wall that shielded them from the bitter wind. The wall was swaying and creaking today though as it fought against the wind.

Five crewmates stood at the wall with their parkas pulled tight around their faces. "Who is missing?" Asked one of the bundled crewmen. Slowly they pulled the hoods away from their face and Remus West's face did not appear. "Who is going to check on him?" They all looked at each other, shuffling their feet. No one wanted to leave the protection of the wall. "Oh frak it. We know he's dead and we know we still have Cylons here also. Let's get started, if Remus shows later then great but I think we all know that won't happen."

Qantaga looks at his handheld. "Radar image is nasty. Not sure how long we will have today before we need to seek shelter. Tents will not hold up to this storm. We will need to take them down and get inside the raptor."
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 5
1 Qantaga ----------
2 theohall ----------
3 tru1cy ----------
4 RMC ----------
5 Mr. Bubbles ----------
-----
-----

Majority = 3
Deadline is: No deadline yet.

pr0ner -------- pricked
Chaosraven -------- de-furred
Newcastle -------- bashed
Unagi ------- Cained
Scoop ------- Scooped
LordMortis ------ iced
Holman ------- blown
vorret ------- assploded
Purge ------ toast
redrun ----- red ran
BB2112 ------ fasttracked
Remus West ----- subtracted
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Day 5)

Post by RMC »

Well if someone get's shot games over...If no one get's shot then there is most likely only one Cylon left, right?

Or could the last Cylon have a shot? Which would mean he would need to wait until Day 6 to kill us... Hmmm...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Well, isn't this going to be a fun day? :(

I suppose we should wait for everyone to check in to see if there is going to be a shot.

Otherwise, we have:

1 evil - 4 good
2 evil - 3 good

The good news is we will know in a hurry if Galen has been converted or not, since there is no reason for him to hold the shot today.

Obviously, with the possibility of 2 wolves, please do not place a formal accuse/vote unless and until you are willing to bet the game on your choice. One erroneous vote could lead to a wolf pile and game over.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

RMC wrote:Well if someone get's shot games over...If no one get's shot then there is most likely only one Cylon left, right?

No, theo could have spoofed Anders. He could be wolf #3 and his mystery partner could still be alive as wolf #4.
RMC wrote:Or could the last Cylon have a shot? Which would mean he would need to wait until Day 6 to kill us... Hmmm...

The last Cylon could not have a shot. There is still at least one original wolf unaccounted for. A converted Galen is game over today.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Thanks Q. I actually thought it was that way. Either Galen with a shot is in play, or he is not in play at all.

So I trust you the most Q, if we have one more shot at this, whom do you say we take out.

Do we vote Theo, Mr. Bubbles, or the last days favorite Tru1cy?
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
theohall

Post by theohall »

I am a distraction, because I am a Cylon. I know lynching me won't end the game, but it will force the end game into a 1-in-3 decision, instead of the current 1-in-5.

My suspects are tru1cy, Q, and Mr B - mostly tru1cy.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Hmmmm.... I guess Remus was right. I'm at a loss. I am going to have to go back and recheck participation. Is a too helpful tru1cy evil? Maybe, but I just didn't suspect him. Q has been directive.. Could he be leading things? theohall hasn't raged enough.. is he trying to keep a low profile? Find all of this out and more at the Enquirer.
Bertrand Russell
theohall

Post by theohall »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Hmmmm.... I guess Remus was right. I'm at a loss. I am going to have to go back and recheck participation. Is a too helpful tru1cy evil? Maybe, but I just didn't suspect him. Q has been directive.. Could he be leading things? theohall hasn't raged enough.. is he trying to keep a low profile? Find all of this out and more at the Enquirer.
Looks to me like Remus was wrong. No one has been shot and everyone, but tru1cy, has posted. Who did Remus West want to lynch?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

here.. I can vote for Theohall, but I'll wait for more discussion
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Do you think this is Remus pointing to Mr. Bubbles?
theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:

He was pointing at me and Mr Bubbles. I still think it's tru1cy, though.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

theohall wrote:
RMC wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:

He was pointing at me and Mr Bubbles. I still think it's tru1cy, though.
tru1cy would be my next guess, but at this point that is exactly what it is... I'm not going to claim any certainty
Bertrand Russell
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

With everyone checked in, we know that we do not currently have a converted Galen, or the game would be over.
theohall wrote:I am a distraction, because I am a Cylon. I know lynching me won't end the game, but it will force the end game into a 1-in-3 decision, instead of the current 1-in-5.

This is a suggestion worth serious consideration.

theo gets points for bringing this up. Of course, it could be cunning wolftheo knowing he would get points for bringing it up before anyone else suggested it.

Let's look at the possibilities:

Hypothetical 1:

- theo is good.
- We have no way of knowing he's good.
- By lynching him, we remove his distraction from the board, since it is highly likely that the fourth original wolf will leave him alive and theo will still be a mystery tomorrow (I can't imagine the mystery wolf would kill a good theo in the night and solve that mystery for us).
- As theo said, that would give us 1 evil - 2 good tomorrow and better odds of hitting the last wolf.
- However, if theo is good, we are giving up one of our two misses (although, we wouldn't know if it were a miss or not).

Hypothetical 2:

- theo is evil.
- By lynching theo, we guarantee that we have killed three of the original wolves, since it is absolutely certain that at least one of purge or theo is evil.
- We would go into the last day with the same 1 evil - 2 good as above.
- The game will definitely go to a last day, since it is not possible for theo to be good and for there to be two wolves. If theo is good, then purge, Scoop, and Vorret were all evil, leaving one remaining original wolf. If there were two wolves other than theo, one would of necessity be a converted Galen. However, we know that cannot be true or the game would be over now.

We know that there is one unknown original wolf in the group of {Qantaga, tru1cy, RMC, Mr Bubbles}. We don't know if the third wolf was theo or purge.

So, the safe play says lynch theo and play for the better odds tomorrow.

The higher risk / higher reward play says shoot for the fourth original wolf in {Qantaga, tru1cy, RMC, Mr Bubbles}. However, the higher risk is because, if theo is evil and we miss in that group of four, the game will end today.

The other unlikely, but much more dangerous, risk is that theo is evil and his remaining mystery partner is D'anna. If so, they may have narrowed Galen down such that they know that he will be converted tonight. Thus, by sacrificing himself, theo assures evil of a win with a Galen conversion tonight. It seems highly likely that D'anna is already out of the game because she would have to be incredibly unlucky not to have found Galen by now.

Thoughts?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I think we can safely assume that Galen is either dead or not converted. I like Qantaga plan and the odds are much better in the crews favor. Still not voting till we come to a consensus
RMC

Post by RMC »

Damn if Q is the evil one we are all hosed.

I think it must be down to Theo or Tru1cy.

Mr Bubbles would have been pretty gutsy to play the way he has if he was a wolf.

And Q has been front and center and giving advice all game. Now, one wonders why the wolves have not offed him instead of others and that might mean he is playing us all for fools, but <shrug> I have not been right in a long time in these games.

So if we follow Q and vote Theo, are we following the wolf to our doom? As he has already set-up Tru1cy as the next target... Hmmm...
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

RMC wrote: And Q has been front and center and giving advice all game. Now, one wonders why the wolves have not offed him instead of others.

That might be a good point, until you look at the night kills:

- pr0ner - Athena
- Newcastle - likely Starbuck
- LordMortis - a proven Human Cain
- redrun - who had been mostly cleared due to his early pursuit of Scoop and Vorret (and was highly unlikely to be considered for a lynch).
- Remus - who had been mostly cleared due to his early pursuit of Scoop and Vorret (and was highly unlikely to be considered for a lynch).

Where exactly should they have killed me over any of those?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Qantaga wrote:
RMC wrote: And Q has been front and center and giving advice all game. Now, one wonders why the wolves have not offed him instead of others.

That might be a good point, until you look at the night kills:

- pr0ner - Athena
- Newcastle - likely Starbuck
- LordMortis - a proven Human Cain
- redrun - who had been mostly cleared due to his early pursuit of Scoop and Vorret (and was highly unlikely to be considered for a lynch).
- Remus - who had been mostly cleared due to his early pursuit of Scoop and Vorret (and was highly unlikely to be considered for a lynch).

Where exactly should they have killed me over any of those?
Now hold on there, I said I was clearing you, and that we had to decide on Theo or Tru1cy.

I just like to think about all sides of the equation. And really, Remus or you were both good candidates last night.

You have been mostly cleared by everyone as well for your insight and play. So not much difference between you and Remus. But everyone likes to off Remus in these games, so I can see why they choose him. :)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

RMC wrote:But everyone likes to off Remus in these games, so I can see why they choose him. :)

I'm just glad I was right about him being good. If he had he fooled me again, I might have needed therapy. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Qantaga wrote:
RMC wrote:But everyone likes to off Remus in these games, so I can see why they choose him. :)

I'm just glad I was right about him being good. If he had he fooled me again, I might have needed therapy. :)
Yeah, I actually voted for him and pushed for a day one lynch on Remus, so know how you feel. He's fooled me a bunch of times.

:)
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:With everyone checked in, we know that we do not currently have a converted Galen, or the game would be over.
theohall wrote:I am a distraction, because I am a Cylon. I know lynching me won't end the game, but it will force the end game into a 1-in-3 decision, instead of the current 1-in-5.

This is a suggestion worth serious consideration.

theo gets points for bringing this up. Of course, it could be cunning wolftheo knowing he would get points for bringing it up before anyone else suggested it.

Let's look at the possibilities:

Hypothetical 1:

- theo is good.
- We have no way of knowing he's good.
- By lynching him, we remove his distraction from the board, since it is highly likely that the fourth original wolf will leave him alive and theo will still be a mystery tomorrow (I can't imagine the mystery wolf would kill a good theo in the night and solve that mystery for us).
- As theo said, that would give us 1 evil - 2 good tomorrow and better odds of hitting the last wolf.
- However, if theo is good, we are giving up one of our two misses (although, we wouldn't know if it were a miss or not).

Hypothetical 2:

- theo is evil.
- By lynching theo, we guarantee that we have killed three of the original wolves, since it is absolutely certain that at least one of purge or theo is evil.
- We would go into the last day with the same 1 evil - 2 good as above.
- The game will definitely go to a last day, since it is not possible for theo to be good and for there to be two wolves. If theo is good, then purge, Scoop, and Vorret were all evil, leaving one remaining original wolf. If there were two wolves other than theo, one would of necessity be a converted Galen. However, we know that cannot be true or the game would be over now.

We know that there is one unknown original wolf in the group of {Qantaga, tru1cy, RMC, Mr Bubbles}. We don't know if the third wolf was theo or purge.

So, the safe play says lynch theo and play for the better odds tomorrow.

The higher risk / higher reward play says shoot for the fourth original wolf in {Qantaga, tru1cy, RMC, Mr Bubbles}. However, the higher risk is because, if theo is evil and we miss in that group of four, the game will end today.

The other unlikely, but much more dangerous, risk is that theo is evil and his remaining mystery partner is D'anna. If so, they may have narrowed Galen down such that they know that he will be converted tonight. Thus, by sacrificing himself, theo assures evil of a win with a Galen conversion tonight. It seems highly likely that D'anna is already out of the game because she would have to be incredibly unlucky not to have found Galen by now.

Thoughts?
Qantaga is the last evil cylon. My distraction post was written to see which person would helpfully explain why we should not end the game today by agreeing with my post. Qantaga bit.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

theohall wrote:Qantaga bit.

Bit?

Or brought up something that needs serious discussion?

Ignoring the possibility that you might be evil is ludicrous and if you are truly Anders, you should know that.

Show me one thing in my post that goes counter to the interests of good.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:

Bit?

Ignoring the possibility that you might be evil is ludicrous and if you are truly Anders, you should know that.

Your defensive tone in the reply to RMC and this post just confirm your guilt to me. You have been playing the helpful wolf game all along. Why would you change anything now?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote::binky: :pop: :binky:
:binky: :pop: :binky:
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

theohall wrote:
Qantaga wrote: Your defensive tone in the reply to RMC and this post just confirm your guilt to me.

So, your contention is that good players should never bother to defend themselves, especially with the game very possibility on the line?

Silly.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

Bit?

Your defensive tone in the reply to RMC and this post just confirm your guilt to me. You have been playing the helpful wolf game all along. Why would you change anything now?
I have to say that the defensive tone did surprise me, as I am usually pretty dense about these things. But I would love to hear Tru1cy or Mr. Bubbles take on this.

But really, Q has not been a target for any of the people just killed. Remus did not seem to have any thoughts on Q, but he certainly did on Theo, Tru1cy and a limited, prior to his demise, Mr. Bubbles.

I think Tru1cy is most likely the best bet for lynch tonight or Theo. But since I am never right, Q is most likely the wolf.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:
theohall wrote:
Qantaga wrote: Your defensive tone in the reply to RMC and this post just confirm your guilt to me.

So, your contention is that good players should never bother to defend themselves, especially with the game very possibility on the line?

Silly.
No. My contention is good players don't act defensive when they aren't accused of anything as you did in your reply to RMC.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

theohall wrote: No. My contention is good players don't act defensive when they aren't accused of anything as you did in your reply to RMC.

I was accused of something:
RMC wrote:Damn if Q is the evil one we are all hosed.

And Q has been front and center and giving advice all game. Now, one wonders why the wolves have not offed him instead of others and that might mean he is playing us all for fools, but <shrug> I have not been right in a long time in these games.

So if we follow Q and vote Theo, are we following the wolf to our doom? As he has already set-up Tru1cy as the next target... Hmmm...

RMC says he was just considering all possibilities, but there's some pretty strong language there.

I can't believe you think that a good player should let that pass without comment.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I think that we have to make some decisions, and one that I think most will agree on is that Q's play overall has trended good.

We are second guessing ourselves because that is what we do at the end.

And very rarely have a I seen someone as vocal as Q not end up being a good guy. You draw way too much attention to yourself as a wolf to post like he has been.

I still say we focus on the Theo or Tru1cy options.

And didn't Theo say he was a distraction, so he should be lynched, and then come back and start pushing for others? Hmmm..

That puts you in a bad light Theo. Almost like, hey look lynch me because I am a distraction. But you are really trying to get us to buy in that you are a good guy and we should ignore you... Hmmm...
theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:I think that we have to make some decisions, and one that I think most will agree on is that Q's play overall has trended good.

We are second guessing ourselves because that is what we do at the end.

And very rarely have a I seen someone as vocal as Q not end up being a good guy. You draw way too much attention to yourself as a wolf to post like he has been.

I still say we focus on the Theo or Tru1cy options.

And didn't Theo say he was a distraction, so he should be lynched, and then come back and start pushing for others? Hmmm..

That puts you in a bad light Theo. Almost like, hey look lynch me because I am a distraction. But you are really trying to get us to buy in that you are a good guy and we should ignore you... Hmmm...
I was looking to see which person was going to push the hardest. It is a method to catch wolves. When I die and the game doesn't end, look at Q, because I would bet, in spite of all the good he has done, he won't die in the night. I have done the "good guy" wolf thing at least twice and won for the bad guys doing exactly the things Q has been doing.

Here is a question? Why Remus West? With all the good Q has done taking out bad guys, he was a better night target. My take, Q did not want him around on the last day, because RW is good at this. On top of that, taking out RW points the finger at myself or Mr Bubbles.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:Ignoring the possibility that you might be evil is ludicrous and if you are truly Anders, you should know that.
Me being Anders does not mean squat anymore other than I will die Cylon. My powers are completely gimped making me nothing more than an unpowered villager. So using my role to claim I should "know" is really weak.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'm getting the feeling that Qantaga is being set up by Theo. Qantaga came up with a based off Theohall's post and it was a solid plan, imo. Theohall should know if surviving if good shouldn't be his primary concern it should be the village winning.

I'm not voting for Qantaga, but I can for Theohall or maybe RMC.. Although I think RMC would be a waste

Lastly, voting for me would be a miss lynch. I have no problem being offed if it would give the village more clarity, but we tend to overlook this stuff and I really believe Theohall is a wolf hiding in the open