Lynching Liaisons - The End

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - Day 1

Post by Bakhtosh »

RMC wrote:
triggercut wrote:Hmm. Possible that Holman was a Grundbegriff "I can't read this guy, so let's get rid of him" first night kill. See: Lite, Lagom.

Equally possible that the wolves want us to think that, so they chose Holman for that reason.

Also possible that Grundbegriff would be smart enough to know that we'd think of this and thus chose Holman, thinking we'd think he'd been framed.

Just as possible that the badguys knew that we'd think Grundbegriff would be smart enough to think he'd been framed....

Yeah, I got nothing.
Ummm... I'm with triggercut, but just in his thoughts. Otherwise, I could vote for anyone except myself. :)
Something about this post has been bugging me today, and I think I figured it out in the shower tonight.
At first, I thought it was, "I could vote for anyone except myself." That, in itself, is a wolfish thing to say. Or rather, it's a wolfish thing to think.

But the epiphany that came to me is about the first part, "I'm with triggercut, but just in his thoughts."
It sounds like he's claiming to be in communication with Trig. That seems awfully heavy-handed for a special powered on Day 1. I would hope the cabal, seer, and mentalist aren't throwing out clues like that (God help us all).

I'm debating on if this is a wolf throwing out false clues to use later to claim a role, or a sorcerer letting wolf Triggercut know that he was scanned and found last night.

Honestly, I'm leaning towards the second of those two. I feel pretty strong about lynching RMC, but if he's the sorcerer, he'll show up human. Same with Trig - if we lynch him and he shows up human, that doesn't tell us anything specific about RMC.

Something about Newcastle's haikus makes me nervous, but right now, I think we have a more likely threat in RMC and/or Triggercut.
 Withdraw Newcastle 

RMC 

I'm switching my vote, but would be open to stretching the neck of either of these two. And just so we're clear, I'm not convinced that Newcastle is human, but I haven't seen anything from him that worries me as much as the post above.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bakhtosh wrote:
RMC wrote:
triggercut wrote:Hmm. Possible that Holman was a Grundbegriff "I can't read this guy, so let's get rid of him" first night kill. See: Lite, Lagom.

Equally possible that the wolves want us to think that, so they chose Holman for that reason.

Also possible that Grundbegriff would be smart enough to know that we'd think of this and thus chose Holman, thinking we'd think he'd been framed.

Just as possible that the badguys knew that we'd think Grundbegriff would be smart enough to think he'd been framed....

Yeah, I got nothing.
Ummm... I'm with triggercut, but just in his thoughts. Otherwise, I could vote for anyone except myself. :)
Something about this post has been bugging me today, and I think I figured it out in the shower tonight.
At first, I thought it was, "I could vote for anyone except myself." That, in itself, is a wolfish thing to say. Or rather, it's a wolfish thing to think.

But the epiphany that came to me is about the first part, "I'm with triggercut, but just in his thoughts."
It sounds like he's claiming to be in communication with Trig. That seems awfully heavy-handed for a special powered on Day 1. I would hope the cabal, seer, and mentalist aren't throwing out clues like that (God help us all).

I'm debating on if this is a wolf throwing out false clues to use later to claim a role, or a sorcerer letting wolf Triggercut know that he was scanned and found last night.

Honestly, I'm leaning towards the second of those two. I feel pretty strong about lynching RMC, but if he's the sorcerer, he'll show up human. Same with Trig - if we lynch him and he shows up human, that doesn't tell us anything specific about RMC.

Something about Newcastle's haikus makes me nervous, but right now, I think we have a more likely threat in RMC and/or Triggercut.
 Withdraw Newcastle 

RMC 

I'm switching my vote, but would be open to stretching the neck of either of these two. And just so we're clear, I'm not convinced that Newcastle is human, but I haven't seen anything from him that worries me as much as the post above.
I couldn't disagree with the colored part more. The only people who have the ability to rule anyone out fully today are the Cabal and the Seer. Anyone else should be taking just the attitude you ascribe to wolves, imo.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Bakhtosh wrote:
RMC wrote:

Yeah, I got nothing.

Withdraw Newcastle 

RMC 

Yeah.

No.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus and trig seem to have each other's backs. Interesting.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

We seem to missing some other people. Just an fyi everyone beside me is viable for a lynch vote from me. Today is nothing but a shot in the dark.

I doubt we will get a consensus before Thursday, so I will be going on vacation on Friday and won't be back till the following Wednesday or Thursday, so my interaction will be very minimal to none during that time
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I hate the first day.
Though I'm wondering why they killed Holman.
On one hand we have extremely experienced players in the game and other we haven't see much, if I was to guess I'd put a few of the guy who have not played with Holman yet in the wolves camp, they don't know him so they don't know how he's going to react.

Grundbegriff 

I don't think he played with Holman yet so I'll try to prove my theory.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Lagom Lite wrote:Remus and trig seem to have each other's backs. Interesting.
I don't think I've even considered anything about Remus.

Your drawing of conclusions where none exists feels leading and wolfish, frankly.

EDIT: Your, because, twitch.
Last edited by triggercut on Mon May 20, 2013 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
redrun

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - Night has fallen

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote:
redrun wrote: Just to save some time here, is there anyone out there who isn't the seer?
See here is what was delaying the wolves, they were waiting to see who would not claim seer.

redrun 

I'm a bit confused. Right before you voted for me you stated:
Lassr wrote:Come one guys. What are the odds that Remus is good 2 games in a row?
Later that same day (real day):
Lassr wrote:
LordMortis wrote: And looking over the rules/roles this like a game where things are tilted in the village's favor. Yay village.
Only wolves read all the rules...
You have one other post that isn't fluff:
Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:How hard is it to choose a kill on night zero? Is it who tells the funniest joke in the village? The least funny joke?
So you know for a fact the wolves are holding up the game? :ninja:

Possibly true, my orders are in though...
Combined with your day one "I have my orders in" statement (ie: hinting that you are a special), I'm not sure if you're poking for response, or just spreading guilt with a wide trowel hoping to see what you can make stick.

But no good special would have outed themself with a "my orders are in" line, right? So I can assume you're either wolf or plain 'ol villager?

Lassr 

Sufficient I am to the day.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Day 1 Vote Count
  • Scoop acc Qantaga (1)
    Bakhtosh acc Newcastle (1)
  • bb2112 acc LordMortis (1)
  • tru1cy acc Grundbegriff (1)
  • Lassr acc redrun (1)
  • theohall acc Chaosraven (1)
  • LordMortis acc bb2112 (1)
  • Lagom Lite acc Chaosraven (2)
  • Remus West acc Newcastle (2)
    Bakhtosh wd Newcastle (1)
  • Bakhtosh acc RMC (1)
  • Vorret acc Grundbegriff (2)
  • redrun acc Lassr (1)
Votes required for lynch - 11

Against Grundbegriff (2) - tru1cy, Vorret
Against Chaosraven (2) - theohall, Lagom Lite
Against Qantaga (1) - Scoop
Against Newcastle (1) - Remus
Against LordMortis (1) - bb2112
Against redrun (1) - Lassr
Against bb2112 (1) - LordMortis
Against RMC (1) - Bakhtosh
Against Lassr (1) - redrun

No votes - Qantaga, RMC, Purge, Grundbegriff, Newcastle, pr0ner, Chaosraven, triggercut, Unagi, El Guapo

There are 17 villagers alive. The deadline for the lynch vote is June 6th at 9pm Eastern time.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Re: Lars Memorial Liaisons - Night has fallen

Post by Lassr »

redrun wrote:<other stuff deleted>

Combined with your day one "I have my orders in" statement (ie: hinting that you are a special), I'm not sure if you're poking for response, or just spreading guilt with a wide trowel hoping to see what you can make stick.

But no good special would have outed themself with a "my orders are in" line, right? So I can assume you're either wolf or plain 'ol villager?
very defensive for day 1.

Yep, plain 'ol villager. Nothing to see here move on.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Hmm... Lassr on day one outing himself as a villager? Interesting...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ah, the day 1 lottery. There's some logic to redrun's "my orders are in" point, except that it applies equally well to a good special as to a wolf (unlikely, though possible, that either one would take the risk of making that joke). Ultimately that just points towards Lassr being a simple villager (unlike me, who is a sophisticated, urbane villager).

I also considered joining Qantaga in voting Scoop, on "Qantaga is usually right" grounds, but this is day 1 so not sure Qantaga's considerable logic is in play yet.

So for now I'll put my vote on

Newcastle 

While I'm reticent to agree with Remus, given the general reactions this is the random day 1 vote that's most likely to yield information. Even while I have enjoyed the poetry, and I think it was started by my joke in the sign on thread.
Black Lives Matter.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

El Guapo wrote:I also considered joining Qantaga in voting Scoop

I appreciate the thought, but it's actually Scoop who's voting for me.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Qantaga wrote:

Right! Reversed the voting chart there. :oops:
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

Because your a wolf????

That's it..

El Guapo * 

* Disclaimer - I don't think this is wolfish behavior, but it's day one. So what the heck.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote: a simple villager
never said I was simple...unless you are talking Special Ed type simple...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote: a simple villager
never said I was simple...unless you are talking Special Ed type simple...
"Plain ol' villager". In my mind "plain" = "simple", unless there's something that you're telling us.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

Because your a wolf????

That's it..

El Guapo * 

* Disclaimer - I don't think this is wolfish behavior, but it's day one. So what the heck.
Don't wolves have excellent vision?
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:
RMC wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

Because your a wolf????

That's it..

El Guapo * 

Wolves are known to have bad grammar though. (see Remus and "to/too")
Now see RMC and "your/"you're"). :ninja:

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
RMC wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

Because your a wolf????

That's it..

El Guapo * 

Wolves are known to have bad grammar though. (see Remus and "to/too")
Now see RMC and "your/"you're"). :ninja:
DOH! I do know he difference really I do...
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The thread title keeps making me think that Lars is dead.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lassr wrote:Wolves are known to have bad grammar though.
Lassr wrote:Only wolves read all the rules...

Impressive how much you know about wolves. What else do you know? Where'd you get all of this info?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

LordMortis wrote:

Impressive how much you know about wolves. What else do you know? Where'd you get all of this info?
I make most of it up.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
LordMortis wrote:

I make most of it up.
Wolves are known to make stuff up. :ninja:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Re: Lynching Liaisons - Day 1

Post by Newcastle »

you guys
need to lighten up
fading rain
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:
LordMortis wrote:

I make most of it up.
Statistically villagers make up 87.536% of all the facts they say.

So Lassr must be a Duck! err..Villager...er.. I have no idea what he is!
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Newcastle wrote:you guys
need to lighten up
fading rain
they should, but you should know this group would be very light on patience especially if they think you're hiding something in your haiku

Saying that I'm curious to see how long you can keep it up
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

everybody wrote:How can you people let Remus West live? You know that's always a bad idea.
Couldn't agree more.

See? That's meme's not dead yet
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
RMC

Post by RMC »

Chaosraven wrote:
everybody wrote:How can you people let Remus West live? You know that's always a bad idea.
Couldn't agree more.

See? That's meme's not dead yet
I usually push for Remus on day one. But the last game he was not a wolf, and helpful. So I say we give him a pass for day one. We can always off him on day two. :)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

suspicious people
BB, remus, unagi
daylight bright
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Newcastle wrote:suspicious people
BB, remus, unagi
daylight bright
Really? BB and Remus? What has you thinking them?

And Unagi, I guess I didn't see anything about him either.

At least with BB and Remus, they are always shady in my opinion. :)

But nothing that Unagi has done really strikes me as odd.

But if it is just a shot in the dark, or names that fit in your poem I can see that.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:
Newcastle wrote:suspicious people
BB, remus, unagi
daylight bright
Really? BB and Remus? What has you thinking them?

And Unagi, I guess I didn't see anything about him either.

At least with BB and Remus, they are always shady in my opinion. :)

But nothing that Unagi has done really strikes me as odd.

But if it is just a shot in the dark, or names that fit in your poem I can see that.
What have we done that is not suspicious? That is probably a better way to approach today. Once someone has been lynched and we have gotten to see how and why folks pushed it that way then we will have some information. Which is why Newcastle's poems are worse than his usual stuff since they are giving us nothing as to the why which is the most important part.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I'm going to consider Newcastle as a villager (for now)... I doubt a wolf or a special would attract attention to himself like that... like it or not everyone's paying attention to him at the moment.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Most everyone feels wolfy to me... with maybe 2 people leaning a little human.

One sorta hitting my radar is LordMortis, and I can't tell if that's just because I'm focusing on him too much. His posts seem more 'in your face' than I'm used to.

pr0ner is also flying very low, as is Grundbegriff. CR seems to be holding back.

meme: BB, Remus, (CR), (is redrun part of this? and how did LM escape it?) - A long while back I just started to try and ignore that whole 'meme' as I found it was mostly used (by some party) as distraction.
So, while I still think Remus, BB, etc are always suspect - I don't really put much into the whole 'meme' part. Way too much iocane sprinkled over that whole thing.

Newcastle, not sure if the poems are meaningful, but IMO, it's an unlikely Wolf move.
Wolfy thing would be more that he even came up with a suspect list right away, I've grown used to Newcastle holding his cards close to his chest.
Also, he never cared about me not getting anything out of the "Why Bubba?" Day 1 arguments before so it was odd to hear that being why he didn't do it this time.

purge seemed kinda 'edgy' earlier. I have trouble reading him.

Scoop also, and this is all I'm gonna say on it, seems maybe a little off again to me, but it's nothing like the vibe I got in the last game. Done.

redrun is kinda lurking... not sure if that's just availability.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote:One sorta hitting my radar is LordMortis, and I can't tell if that's just because I'm focusing on him too much. His posts seem more 'in your face' than I'm used to.
Meh. You know my feelings on that. Someone's gotta go on day one. If I set your radar off, then you might as well start by laying down fire. Much like being slow to get involved will eventually start to become my focus.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

purge & Scoop are uncharacteristically quiet. Especially Scoop.

wd Chaosraven 

Scoop20906 

Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

triggercut wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Remus and trig seem to have each other's backs. Interesting.
I don't think I've even considered anything about Remus.

Your drawing of conclusions where none exists feels leading and wolfish, frankly.
Leading, certainly. I don't know why you'd infer it's wolfy.

You're awfully defensive for a villager.
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Then you engage me and I'm lefting feeling like you actually aren't. I think I'm over-thinking why you made a big deal about me being killed on Night 0.

pr0ner 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

(that was in reply to LM)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

We have lost our Memorial status.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear