THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

The Dark Knight - Fade to Black

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: The Dark Knight - Act 1

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Grundbegriff 

For editing and confusing the mod.
Ah, how the mighty have fallen.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Unagi wrote: Brendan 

I welcome that up to the rest of you. I don't expect other people to pay attention to two other peoples interactions through out these games, but I find his reason to be backward.
I'm not really following why either of you is voting for the other. Other than you have no real reasons. :D
I'm voting for Brenan because he claimed (after following tru1cy's vote) that he would vote for me because he is normally inclined not to.

I think that his picking me as a Convert and the fact that we have that one BSG game that was a struggle between him and I, that those two things point to Brenden being insincere with the reasoning for voting for me.... and that I find to be the move of a wolf.
See, now I know you're a special - you misspelled my name twice in two consecutive sentences - once missing a D, and once with an e in place of an A, clearly signaling that you're DA Harvey Dent (FOR NOW.)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Brendan wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

I welcome that up to the rest of you. I don't expect other people to pay attention to two other peoples interactions through out these games, but I find his reason to be backward.
I'm not really following why either of you is voting for the other. Other than you have no real reasons. :D
I'm voting for Brenan because he claimed (after following tru1cy's vote) that he would vote for me because he is normally inclined not to.

I think that his picking me as a Convert and the fact that we have that one BSG game that was a struggle between him and I, that those two things point to Brenden being insincere with the reasoning for voting for me.... and that I find to be the move of a wolf.
See, now I know you're a special - you misspelled my name twice in two consecutive sentences - once missing a D, and once with an e in place of an A, clearly signaling that you're DA Harvey Dent (FOR NOW.)
Is it weird that I noticed the same thing too? I was trying to figure out what it meant too.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Doesn't count for Good or Bad
Right. And that's broken for him, since it ends his game prematurely. (Plus it leads to the possibility of this scenario: We know that one Evil is dead and that two remain, and the population is five, and the game ends with an evil victory.)

BTW, I modified the text you quoted after I had thought about the issue more clearly. (For example, "Is he counted when his targets don't actually exist" reflects an impossible situation.)

Please see above, and perhaps alter your quote to reflect the final version.
Once Dent becomes Two Face he is on his own team. However, Grund's point seems to be that it actually makes it more difficult for Two Face to win. Perhaps, Stessier should amend the rulez to allow Two Face to choose (once he is converted by the death of Rachel ) which side (Good or Evil) he counts for. He can do this secretly, adds to the drama of the end game and allows Two Face to stretch it out a little longer. I don't believe this rulez change would hurt the current game we are in.

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

Is it weird that I noticed the same thing too? I was trying to figure out what it meant too.
I think at this rate we'll out everyone by day 2.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Only if they can be outed.

Lets face it, I'm totally straight so no way to out me...

Now if you said Batman was outed, I wouldn't be shocked.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
stessier wrote: Victory Conditions
  • Two Face wins when his targets (Batman/Gordon) or (Batman/Gordon/Joker) are dead. This supersedes all other victories.
  • Good wins once all Bad Guys are dead
  • Bad Guys win once their number equals or exceeds the number of Good Guys
Assume that Rachel is dead. (She should PM the identity of Two Face to Batman ASAP, btw).

Q: Do Bad Guys win once their number equals (Good Guys + Two Face)? In other words, does TF count as a GG for satisfaction of this condition? I think he should, even though he's not numbered among the Good.
Contemplating...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Vote Count - Act 1
  • Scoop acc tru1cy (1)
    Lagom acc Chaos (1)
  • Remus acc Semaj (1)
  • theohall acc Mr Bubbles (1)
    Semaj acc Remus (1)
  • Lassr acc Brendan (1)
    Lagom wd Chaos (0)
    Scoop wd tru1cy (0)
  • Scoop acc Remus (2)
  • Bubbles acc Chaos (1)
  • tru1cy acc Unagi (1)
    Semaj wd Remus (1)
  • Semaj acc Isgrimnur (1)
  • Brendan acc Unagi (2)
  • Unagi acc Brendan (2)
  • Isgrimnur acc Grund (1)
Mob rule occurs at 7 votes.

Against Semaj (1): Remus
Against Mr Bubbles (1): theohall
Against Remus (1): Scoop20906
Against Brendan (2): Lassr, Unagi
Against Chaosraven (1): Bubbles
Against Unagi (2): tru1cy, Brendan
Against Isgrimnur (1): Semaj
Against Grund (1): Isgrimnur

No votes: Chaosraven, Lagom Lite, Grundbegriff
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:However, Grund's point seems to be that it actually makes it more difficult for Two Face to win.
Right, and maybe that's ok even if it has weird side effects (as noted above).
Perhaps, Stessier should amend the rulez to allow Two Face to choose (once he is converted by the death of Rachel ) which side (Good or Evil) he counts for.
He would never align with Evil, since that would make his victory even more difficult (bringing equilibrium even nearer).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Played correctly at that stage, he's random, not Chaotic Neutral. Equilibrium means as much to the true character about as much as it does to the coin he flips. There is no regression to the mean or seeking to preserve the balance.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:Contemplating...
It boils down to two decision points:

(1) Is it OK for Two Face's game to be a little bit harder (since his failure alarm could go off when he's just on the cusp of victory). I called that broken, but it's not really broken; it's just harder.

(2) Is it OK for the "We know that one Evil is dead and that two remain, and the population is five, and the game suddenly ends with an evil victory" scenario to unfold? If that's not a problem, then it doesn't require prevention.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Perhaps, Stessier should amend the rulez to allow Two Face to choose (once he is converted by the death of Rachel ) which side (Good or Evil) he counts for.
He would never align with Evil, since that would make his victory even more difficult (bringing equilibrium even nearer).
This is true.

Two-Face's only goal in life is to see Batman/Gordon/Joker(maybe) dead. To further this goal, I agree that he would hide on the Good side to give himself the most opportunities to find his mark.

But if Good wins under the current conditions (by eliminating Joker/Sniper/Ramirez), is that fair to Two-Face either? What if it's Gordon/Batman/Two-Face left as the last 3? Shouldn't Two-face get one last chance for revenge?

So what about this:

Proposed Victory Conditions A
  • Good wins with the elimination of Team Joker and Two-Face (if present).
  • Team Joker wins when their number match or exceed the number of Good Guys (Two-Face counts for Good).
  • Two-Face wins when his targets are eliminated (Batman/Gordon or Batman/Gordon/Joker).
Admittedly this makes it hard for the Good Guys to win. If people feel it is unfair to change that much at this point, I could be talked into going with

Proposed Victory Conditions B
  • Good wins with the elimination of Team Joker.
  • Team Joker wins when their number match or exceed the number of Good Guys (Two-Face counts for Good).
  • Two-Face wins when his targets are eliminated (Batman/Gordon or Batman/Gordon/Joker).
If you don't want to post in the thread, feel free to PM me with thoughts/suggestions/criticisms/game plans/bank account info.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

:binky: :pop: :pop: :binky:
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Twoface has very specific win conditions in addition to existing only under one specific condition, the death of rachel. In the event the bad guys are dead, the good guys win, unless the targets are dead at that point.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:(2) Is it OK for the "We know that one Evil is dead and that two remain, and the population is five, and the game suddenly ends with an evil victory" scenario to unfold? If that's not a problem, then it doesn't require prevention.
Something else for people to consider is that Evil could win at total population counts of 7, 5, or 3 (not just 5) if we don't change anything.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:(2) Is it OK for the "We know that one Evil is dead and that two remain, and the population is five, and the game suddenly ends with an evil victory" scenario to unfold? If that's not a problem, then it doesn't require prevention.
Something else for people to consider is that Evil could win at total population counts of 7, 5, or 3 (not just 5) if we don't change anything.
Correct. But note-- when we have 3 evils in an ordinary game, and there's no third faction, then evil can win at populations of 6, 4, or 2. So the fact that there are three victory thresholds is totally normal.

The decision points are really just the two I mentioned: (1) is it ok for TF to have a slightly harder game, and (2) is it ok to have evil victory with an odd population count?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:So what about this:

Proposed Victory Conditions A
  • Good wins with the elimination of Team Joker and Two-Face (if present).
Admittedly this makes it hard for the Good Guys to win. If people feel it is unfair to change that much at this point, I could be talked into going with

If Good defeats Evil and Two Face is still on the warpath (which implies that either Batman or Gordon is alive), then is that truly a Good victory? Sounds more like a To Be Continued..... But then, maybe that's ok, too.

I'm OK with either set. I just want to know which set is operational.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

ok when you guys are done discussing rules and theory, let me know... you make my brane hurt
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

random thought: The Good Guys could actually willingly lynch Rachel to activate Two Face against the Joker /random thought
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:random thought: The Good Guys could actually willingly lynch Rachel to activate Two Face against the Joker /random thought
and thus cost ourselves the only method we have to scan for little Ms corrupt? No, thank you. Horrible random thought.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

I think at this rate we'll out everyone by day 2.
Well, I constantly am correcting the Brenden / Brendan error ( :oops: sorry ), but the missing "d" is just my finger not depressing the key enough.

I assume this is all a light joke from Brendan, (HA! I had to correct that one too! ) as I see no reason why "the DA" would want to leave bread-crumbs as to his identity, etc.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I think the rules as they were is fine. Twoface counts as neither and has a very specific win condition. We're crippled enough if we lose rachel regardless of how she dies because it means losing dent as well. Requiring more of us at that point is salt in the wound.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Its the mods choice.

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

tru1cy wrote:random thought: The Good Guys could actually willingly lynch Rachel to activate Two Face against the Joker /random thought
Awful.

tru1cy 

Are we done giving tru1cy a free pass in these games? He's acting out of character, am I the only one seeing it?
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think I have enough comments. We'll go with this one:

-------

Edit: To make all this work, I'll also change it from

Harvey shows Citizen / Two Face shows Criminal

to

Harvey & Two-Face show Citizen

-------

I'll update the Rules post.

Thank you for your comments and patience. Please resume your Lynch Mob activities.

:horse: :tjg: :horse: :grund: :horse:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Awful.

tru1cy 

Are we done giving tru1cy a free pass in these games? He's acting out of character, am I the only one seeing it?
Yeah, its weird but I think I remember when tru1cy was a baddie in the past he going in wallflower mode. This is different buy might not mean he is an evil special. I'm giving him a free pass for now but I will jump on a bandwagon against him if there are enough votes.

OHHH! Or I could start my kill vote streak again! Stessier, didn't I get up to three in a row? Don't I hold the consecutive kill vote title? :twisted:

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:new rules
two-face showing good, guess that makes sense since he counts for the good team, just sounds odd.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

My vote is still on Brendan for no other reason than I don't have a good target to change to at the moment.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lassr wrote:My vote is still on Brendan for no other reason than I don't have a good target to change to at the moment.
I pull some Dan Brown symbology nonsense out, and that's not enough to sway you?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

brendan 

welcome back :)
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote: brendan 

welcome back :)
Should I jump on that bandwagon since he stole my best friend's name (even if he spelled it differently)? :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Heh - I stole your best friend's name, only I spelled it differently? Might he spell it Brenan or, perhaps, Brenden?!?

Regardless, direct all complaints to my parents.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Brendan wrote:
Lassr wrote:My vote is still on Brendan for no other reason than I don't have a good target to change to at the moment.
I pull some Dan Brown symbology nonsense out, and that's not enough to sway you?
Are you talking about the fact that you blew Harvey Dent's cover? (Unagi's Brenan/Brenden errors)
Only a bag guy would expose a special like that!

<Disclaimer: No way would Harvey Dent leave a clue to his identity. Why would he? thus I do not believe Unagi is actually Harvey Dent due to that typo>

Black Lives Matter
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lassr wrote:Disclaimer: No way would Harvey Dent leave a clue to his identity. Why would he? thus I do not believe Unagi is actually Harvey Dent due to that typo
Well, duh. :D
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Brendan wrote:Heh - I stole your best friend's name, only I spelled it differently? Might he spell it Brenan or, perhaps, Brenden?!?

Regardless, direct all complaints to my parents.
Breandan, actually.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lassr wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Are you talking about the fact that you blew Harvey Dent's cover? (Unagi's Brenan/Brenden errors)
Only a bag guy would expose a special like that!

<Disclaimer: No way would Harvey Dent leave a clue to his identity. Why would he? thus I do not believe Unagi is actually Harvey Dent due to that typo>
bag guy? Hmmmm. G for gordon, left off D. For Dent. Too many clues. Wait... TWO many? Aha lassr was dent, newcastle was rachel and now he's twoface! This game is too easy.
"Where are you off to?"

stessier

Post by stessier »

Vote Count - Act 1
  • Scoop acc tru1cy (1)
    Lagom acc Chaos (1)
  • Remus acc Semaj (1)
  • theohall acc Mr Bubbles (1)
    Semaj acc Remus (1)
  • Lassr acc Brendan (1)
    Lagom wd Chaos (0)
    Scoop wd tru1cy (0)
  • Scoop acc Remus (2)
  • Bubbles acc Chaos (1)
  • tru1cy acc Unagi (1)
    Semaj wd Remus (1)
  • Semaj acc Isgrimnur (1)
  • Brendan acc Unagi (2)
  • Unagi acc Brendan (2)
  • Isgrimnur acc Grund (1)
  • Lagom acc tru1cy (1)
  • Chaos acc Brendan (3)
Mob rule occurs at 7 votes.

Against Semaj (1): Remus
Against Mr Bubbles (1): theohall
Against Remus (1): Scoop20906
Against Brendan (3): Lassr, Unagi, Chaosraven
Against Chaosraven (1): Bubbles
Against Unagi (2): tru1cy, Brendan
Against Isgrimnur (1): Semaj
Against Grund (1): Isgrimnur
Against tru1cy (1): Lagom

No votes: Grundbegriff
Last edited by stessier on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I missed where Brendan split his vote on me and himself. :?:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:I missed where Brendan split his vote on me and himself. :?:
The one against himself is Chaosraven's vote.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:I missed where Brendan split his vote on me and himself. :?:
:doh: