THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Secret Hitler

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Holman

Re: Secret Hitler

Post by Holman »

Fellow Liberal Citizens!

President Vorret and I have seen the way clear to enact LIBERAL policy once again.

I received L-F from Vorret and of course picked L.

I believe that our long national nightmare of fascist scheming, bb2112, lies, El Guapo, and terror is nearly behind us. But we must remain vigilant, as two of their unidentified allies remain poised to undermine our efforts at good government.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

We're on fire Holman!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Holman

Post by Holman »

*waxes long, handlebar, not-at-all-toothbrush mustache*
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

With that I think it become clear that bb2112 and El Guapo are indeed fascist and that we should not allow any administration involving either of them to be elected moving forward. Given stessier's efforts towards electing El Guapo I feel inclined to include him in the "do not elect" grouping.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Great! So we are one Liberal Policy away from a win?

So I'm guessing we vote No to bb2112 ticket.

I'm not sure who we can trust as part of a Chaosraven ticket. We could win the game right there.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Huh, that's a surprise. I'm assuming Vorret would have corrected Holman if he had passed LL instead of FL. It must be the case that Hitler is sufficiently exposed that Holman thought there was an unacceptably high risk of Hitler getting executed. Which would almost have to mean that Chaosraven or Scoop is Hitler.

Well, one policy away from a glorious liberal victory, in any event.
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Holman wrote:Fellow Liberal Citizens!

President Vorret and I have seen the way clear to enact LIBERAL policy once again.
Here's where we stand:

Final Roster
  • bb2112 <----- The new Presidential Nominee
  • Chaosraven
  • El Guapo
  • Holman
  • Molière
  • Remus West
  • Scoop20906
  • stessier
  • Vorret
9 players:
  • 5 Liberals
  • 3 normal Fascists
  • 1 Hitler Fascist
The Liberal Policy Track
  • Elections whiffed: 0
  • 1st Policy Passed? Yes
  • 2nd Policy Passed? Yes
  • 3rd Policy Passed? Yes
  • 4th Policy Passed? Yes
  • 5th Policy Passed? No
The Fascist Policy Track
  • 1st Policy Passed (Chaosraven investigated bb2112's identity)? Yes
  • 2nd Policy Passed (Holman investigated Chaosraven's identity)? Yes
  • 3rd Policy Passed (Moliere selects as the next Presidential candidate)? Yes
  • 4th Policy Passed (Assassination obviated by popular uprising)? Yes
  • 5th Policy Passed (President orders an assassination)? No
  • 6th Policy Passed (Fascist Victory)? No
Deck 1 contained: 11 Fascist Policies and 6 Liberal Policies, shuffled.
Deck 2 contained: 8 Fascist Policies and 4 Liberal Policies, shuffled.
Talon count: 5
Discard count: 4
Enacted count: 8 (4 LIBERAL, 4 FASCIST)

Electoral History So Far:

Code: Select all

1. LIBERAL POLICY, Vorret & El Guapo
2. LIBERAL POLICY, bb2112 & Holman
3. FASCIST POLICY, Chaosraven & El Guapo
4. rejected slate, El Guapo & Holman
5. FASCIST POLICY, Holman & Vorret
6. FASCIST POLICY, Moliere & Scoop20906
7. LIBERAL POLICY, Vorret & Holman
8. rejected slate, Remus West & Chaosraven
9. rejected slate, Scoop20906 & Chaosraven
10a. rejected slate, stessier & El Guapo
10b. FASCIST POLICY autoenacted.
11. LIBERAL POLICY, Vorret & Holman
Action on bb2112: Please nominate as chancellor someone not in the set {Vorret, Holman}.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:With that I think it become clear that bb2112 and El Guapo are indeed fascist and that we should not allow any administration involving either of them to be elected moving forward. Given stessier's efforts towards electing El Guapo I feel inclined to include him in the "do not elect" grouping.
Indeed - the effort included much bush beating and came so close to success!! If people didn't know better, they'd almost think I set out to fail so we could get to a Vorret/Holman administration!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Vorret wrote:We're on fire Holman!
What was your full draw?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

So the way I see it, we have two choices.

Choice 1: Find someone for Chaos to serve with.
Pros: There are likely 2Ls left for Chaos to draw out of 5 cards, so there is a good chance he gets 1 to pass. If an F is passed, he can shoot someone.
Cons: We could nominate Hitler and lose.

Choice 2: Fail three elections and flip a random card.
Pros: We won't nominate Hitler as the next President will be Holman and he can choose Chaos as his running mate. The Veto power will be active.
Cons: Will not have anyone executed. There is not a way to skip enough people to get back to a Vorret/Holman ticket for a safe administration.

I'm leaning toward Choice 1 as the best play. Who would he nominate?
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I got FFL sorry for the delay had to fix some stuff at work.
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

So if we go with Choice 1, what does the field look like.

At this point, I'm willing to hitch my wagon to Vorret, Chaos, and Holman being Liberal.

El Guapo and BB2112 are Fascists.

So, there are two Liberals and two Fascists in the {Moliere, Remus, Scoop, stessier} set. I have the advantage of knowing I'm a Liberal (and I understand YMMV).

So {Moliere, Remus, Scoop}. Moliere voted yes on the Remus/Chaos ticket. Scoop and Remus voted No. We know Chaos is a Liberal.

Remus has seemed quite sure of himself. He hasn't really had any doubts or confusion. Remus is a evil. ( Always.)

Moiiere chose Scoop as his running mate. It seemed quite odd at the time. Scoop has seemed generally confused with which strategy we should be following and where the herd is going. I think Moliere set Scoop up. I think Scoop is the last Liberal.

For bonus points I think BB2112 is Hitler. I love me some bonus points. :lol:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

stessier wrote:Moiiere chose Scoop as his running mate. It seemed quite odd at the time. Scoop has seemed generally confused with which strategy we should be following and where the herd is going. I think Moliere set Scoop up. I think Scoop is the last Liberal.
Thanks for the confirmation on who the last fascist is.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

We could win the game on choice 2 with the card flip too.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:So if we go with Choice 1, what does the field look like.

At this point, I'm willing to hitch my wagon to Vorret, Chaos, and Holman being Liberal.

So, there are two Liberals and two Fascists in the {Moliere, Remus, Scoop, stessier} set. I have the advantage of knowing I'm a Liberal (and I understand YMMV).

So {Moliere, Remus, Scoop}. Moliere voted yes on the Remus/Chaos ticket. Scoop and Remus voted No. We know Chaos is a Liberal.

Remus has seemed quite sure of himself. He hasn't really had any doubts or confusion. Remus is a evil. ( Always.)

Moiiere chose Scoop as his running mate. It seemed quite odd at the time. Scoop has seemed generally confused with which strategy we should be following and where the herd is going. I think Moliere set Scoop up. I think Scoop is the last Liberal.

:lol:

Sometimes all you can do is laugh at their efforts to set you up.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:We could win the game on choice 2 with the card flip too.
We could.

So at the reshuffle we had 8F and 4L in the deck.

Vorret / Holman - 2F / 1L => Deck at 6F & 3L (incidentally, Moliere proposed Vorret as the out of order President - have to rethink)
Remus - skip
Scoop - skip
stessier - skip - flip - F => Deck at 5F & 3L
Vorret / Holman - 2F / 1L => Deck at 3F and 2L

So if we flip a card, we will have 4 cards. If we are still playing it is because we flipped an F, so the deck would be at 2F and 2L.

Two of those cards would get dealt and then the pile is reshuffled and 1 more card would be dealt. The discard pile has 4F in it.

Maybe this is the safer play. We have a 40% chance we win on the blind flip. After that, Holman/Chaos (presumably), would have a >50% chance of getting 1L in their hand.

If we let Chaos choose, we risk electing Hitler, but he'd be drawing three cards out of a 3F/2L pile and forcing the reshuffle. If the game continues after his turn, the deck will have 4F and 2L and we won't have any margin for error.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I don't like choice 1 at all. To get this close and then blow it would suck. I say we chance winning on the flip and if we don't win immediately the win on Holman's turn.

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere 

You guys are going down a dark path and there is nothing I can do about it. :(

Nice job Holman turning the village against El G and I. I have to give you and CR a ton of credit, you guys have played a great game and I can only hope with one L policy left to put in place that it blows up in your face.

Stess, no bonus points for you. You will find out the truth soon enough.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Are you suggesting Chaos is Hitler? There's no way.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote: Moliere 

You guys are going down a dark path and there is nothing I can do about it. :(

Nice job Holman turning the village against El G and I. I have to give you and CR a ton of credit, you guys have played a great game and I can only hope with one L policy left to put in place that it blows up in your face.

Stess, no bonus points for you. You will find out the truth soon enough.
Wait... what?
If Holman is F I'm going to be seriously amazed, he was just handed an F/L combo and picked, again, an L policy putting the liberals one policy away from a win.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:Are you suggesting Chaos is Hitler? There's no way.
Well, it would be one hell of a performance if he is, I mean, one that would go down in history as the biggest mindfuck ever.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Please vote NO. I don't trust bb2112 to pass me a Liberal card. Most likely he's setting me up to receive 2 F cards and therefore make Scoop look innocent.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:

Please vote NO. I don't trust bb2112 to pass me a Liberal card. Most likely he's setting me up to receive 2 F cards and therefore make Scoop look innocent.
Got ya covered Fassie.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Presidential candidate bb2112 has nominated Moliere as chancellor. Please PM me your vote, whether YES or NO.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

5/9. I await votes from bb2112, Chaosraven, El Guapo, and Remus West.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Is it possible to get negative bonus points? I guess that would be penalty points.

Anyhow, the line-up is: Chaosraven, Holman, [Moliere / Scoop], [Remus / stessier / Vorret]. I feel strongest about Scoop being the fascist out of that grouping. Gun to my head, I think it's Chaosraven, Holman, Scoop, and Vorret, with Scoop as Hitler (and if not Scoop, then CR as Hitler).
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Why does it matter if you call me or Moliere a fascist at this point? Neither of us is going to be involved in a winning ticket.

stessier

Post by stessier »

That makes no sense. The most likely Hitler out of that group is Vorret. He's been the perfect Liberal. Hitler Scoop would never have passed the Fascist policy that outed him to Moliere.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:

Is it possible to get negative bonus points? I guess that would be penalty points.

Anyhow, the line-up is: Chaosraven, Holman, [Moliere / Scoop], [Remus / stessier / Vorret]. I feel strongest about Scoop being the fascist out of that grouping. Gun to my head, I think it's Chaosraven, Holman, Scoop, and Vorret, with Scoop as Hitler (and if not Scoop, then CR as Hitler).
Scoop isn't Scoop. Our current Scoop is acting like someone stole his skin and is playing on his behalf.
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:Why does it matter if you call me or Moliere a fascist at this point? Neither of us is going to be involved in a winning ticket.
Bonus points!! :)
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Why does it matter if you call me or Moliere a fascist at this point? Neither of us is going to be involved in a winning ticket.
Can you redeem them for cool prizes?
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:
Can you redeem them for cool prizes?
Yes. But depending on which side wins, you might not want to. :shock:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:That makes no sense. The most likely Hitler out of that group is Vorret. He's been the perfect Liberal. Hitler Scoop would never have passed the Fascist policy that outed him to Moliere.
I essentially know that Holman is fascist, but I also know that Vorret / Holman passed a liberal policy that brings us to the edge of victory. The main reason why Holman would do that is if it was especially important that Vorret not control an execution. Since we know that Holman isn't Hitler, that suggests that Holman had some expectation that Vorret might plausibly bag Hitler with the execution. Which suggests that Hitler isn't as well hidden as the fascists were probably hoping. Which suggests to me Chaosraven or Scoop.

Elementary, my dear Watson.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:
Yeah, pretty much. That, and I haven't entirely given up on persuading the village of the truth. And what else am I going to talk about while waiting on the election results?
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

If we are playing for bonus points I think bb2112 is hitler but yeah we need to win first.

stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote:
stessier wrote:That makes no sense. The most likely Hitler out of that group is Vorret. He's been the perfect Liberal. Hitler Scoop would never have passed the Fascist policy that outed him to Moliere.
I essentially know that Holman is fascist, but I also know that Vorret / Holman passed a liberal policy that brings us to the edge of victory. The main reason why Holman would do that is if it was especially important that Vorret not control an execution. Since we know that Holman isn't Hitler, that suggests that Holman had some expectation that Vorret might plausibly bag Hitler with the execution. Which suggests that Hitler isn't as well hidden as the fascists were probably hoping. Which suggests to me Chaosraven or Scoop.

That is ridiculous.

If Vorret got the Shot, he would take out the guy who gave it to him - Holman. He couldn't be sure of anything Holman had said. You're really reaching.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So since this is a dead ticket what are we planning to do with the next one? I'll make my opinion clear. Take no chances and get to a card flip. If no win Then hope that Holman/Vorret can bring it home.

The only thing stopping us winning would be bad cards.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:So since this is a dead ticket what are we planning to do with the next one? I'll make my opinion clear. Take no chances and get to a card flip. If no win Then hope that Holman/Vorret can bring it home.

The only thing stopping us winning would be bad cards.
I disagree with Holman / Vorret. Vorret is unknown to Holman. Holman knows for sure Chaos is Liberal. It should be Holman / Chaos if we go that road.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

That is ridiculous.

If Vorret got the Shot, he would take out the guy who gave it to him - Holman. He couldn't be sure of anything Holman had said. You're really reaching.
He might well take out Holman (you'll recall that we had a page or two about whether the president would execute his chancellor in this scenario). But if Holman figured that he would be the clear execution target, I would think that he would pass a fascist policy and face the firing squad, since that would bring the fascists to the brink of victory. That he didn't suggests to me that he was worried about Vorret bagging Hitler.

I could be wrong, of course. We'll see who has more bonus points at the end.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Yeah - just no.