PSP button issue???

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

portnoy

PSP button issue???

Post by portnoy »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24 ... 16985.html

In the article he likens the design of the PSP to that of great architecture! The button is not as responsive! WTF, I don't use a lot of 3rd party peripheals due to them usually not being as high quality as the original. How the hell do you explain the 1st party hardware not being top rate?

I wasn't dying to get my hands on one of these, but now, I really fail to see the point.

Just stunning. I truly doubt that this will be able to unseat the DS. What good is a game system when the controls themselves are flawed? Games get bad reviews due to poor control, how about a system?

Ranting over...
Austin

Post by Austin »

Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."
Unless the gate only opened some of the time and frequently got stuck maybe? :roll:
ChaoZ

Post by ChaoZ »

I'm still hoping that North Americans will get an updated version, but since it's so close to launch, I doubt it's possible.
Creepy_Smell

Post by Creepy_Smell »

"There may be people that complain about its usability, but that's something which users and game software developers will have to adapt to."

Not a good response. I would expect buttons to work correctly and not have to adapt to it not working. Why even have it if it won't work right?

Hopefully they will fix it and they were just trying to make it not seem like a big issue.
yossar

Post by yossar »

I hope that explanation lost something in the translation. Otherewise, that's just about the worst PR job ever. "We made the most beautiful thing in the world"? Dude, it's a handheld video game system - not the next Mona Lisa.
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

Best public relations EVAR!
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

Faulty button, dismal battery life. Fix those things and I'll buy one.
msurby

Post by msurby »

Here's a crazy idea - move the button over.

Who says you have to have a symmetrical button layout. Make it slightly asymmetrical and call it a feature - "Our novel asymmetrical right-button layout allows the user to blah blah blah..."
A candy-coated clown they call the Sandman...
Reed

Post by Reed »

Yeah, truly ridiculous. Would be nice if they have it fixed for the US release, and they SHOULD, but his comments don't instill much hope in that.