Seven Kingdoms: Conquest Announced!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Veloxi

Seven Kingdoms: Conquest Announced!

Post by Veloxi »

Wholly CRAP! A new Seven Kingdoms game has been announced! Gamespot and GamersHell have the news!

This is very exciting. For me, Seven Kingdoms II is one of those titles that never leaves my hard drive. It's in my top 5 of favorite all-time RTS titles. This is so awesome! Can you tell I'm excited? ;)
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

A new Seven Kingdoms game?! Yes! SK2 was a sadly overlooked game and was a lot of fun. I got bored with it after a while but I'm definitely looking forward to a new one.
StormcloudCreations

Post by StormcloudCreations »

Long pause between games and weird timing, but still good news. I enjoyed SK II.
Derek
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That is good news, but since it isn't out until September, I will be moving this over to Unreleased Games That Are Good But Not Out Until September Of This Year.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Now THIS is some great news!
I was always horrible at SK, but I loved to play it. I loved having spys and multi-cultural cities.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

I just realized that Enlight, Trevor Chan's publishing company, was one of the first to use Starforce with Restaurant Tycoon.
I won't buy this game if it has Starforce. Maybe we should all write Trevor Chan and beg him not to use Starforce?
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

Wasn't the original title turn-based?
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Eduardo, I think you're being a little extreme. Sponge, no, they were always RTS titles.
Grievous Angel

Post by Grievous Angel »

So the original was good then? I think I saw a copy on sale at a Walgreens for $2, and it sounded kinda neat. It is pretty dated by now (assuming it even runs on Win XP)?

(edit: It was a Seven Kingdoms title, but I don't know which one, in case there were more than one made).
warning

Post by warning »

Didn't Seven Kingdoms II come out like last year? I've been meaning to pick it up. I think I'm stuck in a time warp.
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Seven Kingdoms II came out, I believe, in 1999. It's one of those games that never leaves my hard drive. It's deeper than most RTS titles because it involves full economy, trade, diplomacy and espionage models.

Some of the most fun SKII episodes I've had were where I took over other kingdoms by installing a spy, letting them get promoted to king, and then exposing the spy as my own and assimilating the kingdom without using any military force.

Here's an old review of mine to give you an idea as to how awesome it is. Gamespot's review is also a very good read.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Veloxi wrote: Some of the most fun SKII episodes I've had were where I took over other kingdoms by installing a spy, letting them get promoted to king, and then exposing the spy as my own and assimilating the kingdom without using any military force.
I did that a couple of times too. It was great fun.

Now I want to re-install it. I'm already addicted to OOTP, Rome: Total War and Morrowind! I DON'T NEED TO RE-INSTALL ANYTHING! :x