Gamespy Arcade?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zarathud

Gamespy Arcade?

Post by Zarathud »

After paying for the lifetime Gamespy 3D license, I'm wondering if GameSpy Arcade is worth buying in order to play RTS/Conquest games and the smaller-release FPS games. I tried installing the limited version of GameSpy but it seemed gimped. Does it just suck or is it just me?

Any thoughts or alternatives would be appreciated.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Gamespy Arcade is pay to use now? I've given up on Gamespy Arcade, it's bulky and just irritating to use. I get into online games considerably quicker using in-game browser. All-Seeing Eye is apparantly better.

If you're looking for the RTS games, most of the ones released have online lobbies that are just as good (and usually designed by Gamespy), so you should just stick with those. Dawn of War and Kohan II work like that.
Jow

Post by Jow »

I actually went back to using Gamespy Arcade for a while. Bloatware though it is, my copy of All-Seeing Eye was acting up so badly at one point I uninstalled and used GA for a spell. It's fairly easy to use, but ASE has a few features I really missed (like being able to find a player no matter where they are or what they're playing).
Montag

Post by Montag »

http://www.kali.net/

Going old school baby. Ah, Kalidos, the good ole days...
U2K Tha Greate$t

Post by U2K Tha Greate$t »

I use gamespy all the time, just label me a gamespy rider if you must. The free version is really the same as the pay version, i think, i think all it does is get rid of the ads lol.
TheMissingLink

Post by TheMissingLink »

you gamespy rider, you!
Member of the GG UT2k4 9000 Frag Club
Member of the GG UT2k4 Triple Digit Suicide Club
TheMissingLink on PSN