Vampire: Bloodlines - Support Site?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

gbasden

Vampire: Bloodlines - Support Site?

Post by gbasden »

Does anyone know where the support iste is for Vamprie:Bloodlines - or even if there is one?

It installed beautifully on my previous PC, but now BSODs on the second CD when I try to install it on my new box. I wouldn't imagine that there should be a compatibility issue going from a p4 2.8 to an Athlon 3500+, especially since WoW and Half Life 2 have installed beautifully. And both CD drives are from the old system, so I can't see that as a problem.

I'm seriously stumped on this one.
Andrew Wonser

Post by Andrew Wonser »

I'm taking a shot in the dark here but it kinda sounds like the first time the install screwed up it left the files, up to where it died, on your computer. So each time it installs and reaches that last corrupted file and sees it's on your PC it freaks out again.

My suggestion would be to see if it did in fact leave files and then delete them. I'm pretty sure it was just contained in the program files, but you might check my documents as well. Might also want to have a look in your registry and delete any references there (Backup first of course).

Here's all the support answers for the game. There were a few install issues in there but didn't seem like any concerning the BSOD. Might have to check out the Ask a Question link.
Ah, so he has retractable metal claws that punch through his flesh, just like a real wolverine.
Right, just like a real wolverine.
Ah, and his metal retractable claws can easily cut through hardened steel, just like a real wolverine.
Just like a real one, exactly.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't know that it's a particular solution for this problem, but I've seen this with other games.

IIRC, the solution is to clean out your temporary files. Like Andrew said, it might be hanging on a corrupted first time failure.
Maybe next year, maybe no go