The Complete Far Side - $54

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Ralph-Wiggum

The Complete Far Side - $54

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

This is the best deal I've seen so far on the books. It has free shipping, too. Click me!
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

Damn, I just couldn't pass this up it was too good of a deal. Like so many others I really miss the likes of Larson, Watterson and Breathed so much so that I'm trying to complete each ones collection. This made getting Larsons a lot easier. Thanks, I did see it on Bensbargains later in the day but had already ordered it by then.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I got these for Christmas when they came out. It's an awesome collection.
Vinda-Lou

Post by Vinda-Lou »

Is this a holiday special or the new price? I checked the website, but maybe I missed the information. I guess it's the new price...? B&N is still charging a fortune for it, though.
tiktokman

Post by tiktokman »

Mine is on the UPS truck for delivery now. Glad I took a pass when I saw these at B&N for around $120. :D
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

Mine was delivered on Tuesday and after just a few minutes with them I'll say they were worth more than what I paid for them. Great price and books.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Someone here is offering the leather edition of the book for 72 cents. That has to be a price mistake ("you save $794.28 (100%)"). Anyone willing to try it out to see what happens? :wink:
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Someone here is offering the leather edition of the book for 72 cents. That has to be a price mistake ("you save $794.28 (100%)"). Anyone willing to try it out to see what happens? :wink:
Ordered.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

The Meal wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Someone here is offering the leather edition of the book for 72 cents. That has to be a price mistake ("you save $794.28 (100%)"). Anyone willing to try it out to see what happens? :wink:
Ordered.

~Neal
And cutting to the email chase:
Greetings from Amazon.com,

This notice serves as confirmation that we have initiated a refund in the
amount of [$4.21] for Order # 058-8265874-5825949 from
elephantbooks@elephantbooks.com. Here are the details of your refund(s)
related to this order.

Item: Refund for The Complete Far Side Leather-Bound Set [Signed Limited
Edition] [Leather Bound
Refund: [$4.21]
Reason for refund: Any miscellaneous credit, typically a customer service
credit
Memo from seller: Unfortunately we were unable to fulfill your order. The
item ordered is currently out of stock. Please accept our most sincere
apology for this inconvenience this has caused you. Customer Service -
Elephantbooks

Total refund for this order: [$4.21]
Oh well. :)

~Neal
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I like that the excuse they give is that the book is out of stock.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I like that the excuse they give is that the book is out of stock.
I left the seller a 3/5 star rating because: "They hadn't updated their website indicating that the item was out of stock and that they would be cancelling my order because of that. Nothing shady, but not outstanding webservice, either."

In terms of the rating scale, this was "fair." I do think they treated me fairly, but it was a slimy way to try and generate page views.

~Neal
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I got this as a suprise Christmas present from my mom. The thing feels like it weighs 30 pounds. When she handed me the box I quite literally thought she had bought me some dumbbells since I've started working out again.

Anyway, worth every penny and then some. Not a single person I've shown them to has failed to be totally impressed and blown away. It's going to take me forever to read them all, but man, what a GREAT coffee table book.
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Awesome deal! This is also a great deal for those in Canada that wants this as well.

Considering it is usually $130+ in Canada (plus taxes on top of that, making it closer to $150), a price of $54+$6 shipping is only $70 Canadian with the really strong Canadian dollar right now. Great stuff, I have wanted this collection for a loooooong time. :)