2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

I need help with a Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanza miracle

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Brian

I need help with a Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanza miracle

Post by Brian »

I'm trying to write this in a way so as not to appear to be begging. :)

Things have not been going terribly well for us this year and it looks like this is going to be a rather lean Christmas. I've already informed the kids that they will not be getting much this year from mom & dad and to not expect something really big from Santa (the traditional "big gift" provider) and they've accepted that with amazingly good grace.

However, I would like to at least surprise them with some desperately needed upgrades for their computer. Therefore, I am looking to trade for/buy the following items:

GF3/ATI Radeon or better video card
CPU/Mobo combo of 1.2 Ghz or better

I already have pretty much everything else I need to finish building them a decent gaming rig.

Here's what I've got available to trade:

Doom 3 (Box/Manual/CD's)
Max Payne 2 (Box/Manual/CD's)
Far Cry (Box/Manual/CD's)

20 Gig HD
40 Gig HD
80 Gig HD

And since I'm not entirely above a bit of self indulgence, I'd like to throw out my desire to trade for a copy of Pirates! if anybody's got one available.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I've got an AMD Athlon 1800 processor sitting around, but that's it.
Kaigen

Post by Kaigen »

I've got a GF3 Ti200 sitting around here. It's missing a heatsink on the memory but it still ran fine for me for a year. If you're interested in it, I'm be more than happy to give it to you for free.
End of line.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Kaigen wrote:I've got a GF3 Ti200 sitting around here. It's missing a heatsink on the memory but it still ran fine for me for a year. If you're interested in it, I'm be more than happy to give it to you for free.
I've got one also, AFAIK it's got all the bits and pieces. It's been my old faithful and I'm more than happy to give it so it can be your old faithful. Free also.
Kaigen

Post by Kaigen »

Oh, sure. Show me up, why don't you.
End of line.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Kaigen wrote:Oh, sure. Show me up, why don't you.
It's only natural, being from Seattle, that I outshine someone from Spokane (aka the armpit of Washington).
Kaigen

Post by Kaigen »

Oh yeah? Well, at least we have... um... Okay, I got nothin'.

*cries*
End of line.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Kaigen wrote:Oh yeah? Well, at least we have... um... Okay, I got nothin'.

*cries*
If it's any consolation. The Tri-cities are the asshole of Washington.

You ever been there? Holy Christmas.
Austin

Post by Austin »

I also have a ti200 you can have your way with. Winfast I think... It's in a box ready to ship as a matter of fact. Just never got around to listing it anywhere. PM your addy and it's yours.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Wow, three Ti200s to choose from. Time to get out the dice:

Kaigen = 1 - 2
SuperHiro = 3 - 4
Austin = 5 - 6

And the winner is - Austin! (Cheering crowd noises)

As for the CPU/Mobo combo, anybody got a Mobo that'll work with an AMD 1800?

Thanks for the generous offers everybody. Austin, I'll PM you in a moment.

Thanks all.
RookieCAF

Post by RookieCAF »

Will a KT7 Raid Work with an 1800?
~Rookie
My BF2 Stats
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

RookieCAF wrote:Will a KT7 Raid Work with an 1800?
This one?
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I've got a Geforce TI4600 that is yours for free if you want it.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
warning

Post by warning »

I have a ti4200 that's yours for the asking. The fan's dead but as long as the case is reasonably cool it will suit you just fine.
RookieCAF

Post by RookieCAF »

Yup, Thats the Motherboard.
~Rookie
My BF2 Stats
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Just wondering how it's looking for ya Metalhed.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Thanks for asking Kelric. I meant to post an update last night. I have acquired an old Gateway w/no power supply from work. It's only a 1Gig but it'll work for now. Coupled with the video card that Austin is sending that should make for a decent enough machine to get them through the next few months until I can put together something a little speedier.

Thanks to everybody for their offers of assistance and thanks again to Austin for the video card.

Also, thanks to a small loan from a coworker and numerous Best Buy coupons, I managed to pick up a copy of Pirates and am having a great time with it. :)
Austin

Post by Austin »

Amish Warlord wrote:Thanks for asking Kelric. I meant to post an update last night. I have acquired an old Gateway w/no power supply from work. It's only a 1Gig but it'll work for now. Coupled with the video card that Austin is sending that should make for a decent enough machine to get them through the next few months until I can put together something a little speedier.

Thanks to everybody for their offers of assistance and thanks again to Austin for the video card.

Also, thanks to a small loan from a coworker and numerous Best Buy coupons, I managed to pick up a copy of Pirates and am having a great time with it. :)
Thanks for picking me to be the one who gets to help! That's part of why this site is so cool. You had people lining up for the privilege of helping you out.
MHS

Post by MHS »

Amish Warlord wrote: Also, thanks to a small loan from a coworker and numerous Best Buy coupons, I managed to pick up a copy of Pirates and am having a great time with it. :)
You know.... you're really an a**hole. Has it ever occured to you not to mention you want something here, where you know I'll read it, and then buy it for yourself within weeks of Christmas?

A**hole.

Edited so as not to be engaging in verbal attacks. Even though he really is one. Stupid big brothers.
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

MHS wrote:
Amish Warlord wrote: Also, thanks to a small loan from a coworker and numerous Best Buy coupons, I managed to pick up a copy of Pirates and am having a great time with it. :)
You know.... you're really an a**hole. Has it ever occured to you not to mention you want something here, where you know I'll read it, and then buy it for yourself within weeks of Christmas?

A**hole.

Edited so as not to be engaging in verbal attacks. Even though he really is one. Stupid big brothers.
That's lol funny.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Brian

Post by Brian »

Has it ever occured to you not to mention you want something here, where you know I'll read it, and then buy it for yourself within weeks of Christmas?
!. This from the person who's idea it was to "not get each other anything for Christmas this year and instead just get stuff for the kids."

2. Just ask my wife, I do this just about every year. I have no will power. :)

3. Edited to add, and yes, I am indeed an asshole. I've never denied it.

Amish Asshole?
MHS

Post by MHS »

Amish Warlord wrote:
Has it ever occured to you not to mention you want something here, where you know I'll read it, and then buy it for yourself within weeks of Christmas?
!. This from the person who's idea it was to "not get each other anything for Christmas this year and instead just get stuff for the kids."

Amish Asshole
Yeah, because I've never said that before and then sent you a present anyway. Sheesh.

When you get your package from Amazon (probably today), just go ahead and send it on back for credit. Or better yet, use it to buy me something. ;)
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

So I shouldn't mention that I know someone else who'd like Pirates for Christmas? :P

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Austin

Post by Austin »

The Meal wrote:So I shouldn't mention that I know someone else who'd like Pirates for Christmas? :P

~Neal
Yes, yes I would thanks Meal!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Austin wrote:
The Meal wrote:So I shouldn't mention that I know someone else who'd like Pirates for Christmas? :P

~Neal
Yes, yes I would thanks Meal!
I'd prefer the new Lord of the Rings game, but Pirates would do for me too. Thanks Neal.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Well, I just shipped my TI4600 off to you and threw in a copy of Pirates! for you to pl...huh, what?
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

MHS wrote:

A**hole.

Am I the only person that didn't understand the first paragraph?
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

Yep.
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."