Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Saw the picture; Want to die.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

her suckers are less pliable.
I thought this happened to all women after a while.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Smoove_B wrote:Saws the picture; Want to die.
It's the Circle of Life.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Aurora will be allowed to stay with her eggs as long as she continues to care for them. When they are close to hatching, which could be as late as spring, they will be moved to rearing tanks. Perhaps none or as many as a few thousand could survive...
Are they mad? :shock:
Debris

Post by Debris »

Austin wrote:
Aurora will be allowed to stay with her eggs as long as she continues to care for them. When they are close to hatching, which could be as late as spring, they will be moved to rearing tanks. Perhaps none or as many as a few thousand could survive...
Are they mad? :shock:
It's like the cephalopod version of Skynet!
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

They caught this not far from where I grew up:

Perhaps we inadvertantly took out one of their operatives?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

When the thousands of Octopi warriors are born, those vertebrates will learn their lesson for imprisoning one of our own.

You will all pay. :twisted:
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

IceBear wrote:They caught this not far from where I grew up:

Perhaps we inadvertantly took out one of their operatives?
Personally I find Giant Squid to be the scariest motherf*ckin animals on the planet.

They take chunks outta WHALES for chissakes... and they're down there somewhere... lurking.

Octopus are mainly just disturbingly smart...
My blog: Chimpanzee Tea Party

"Osama Bin Laden can suck my insouciance." -Kung Fu Monkey
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Where I grew up we used to get a lot of squid come into the shallows to spawn and die (well, we did for a decade and then they stopped and no one is sure why).

Anyway, I was about 12 and fishing just off the side of the road into the ocean with a nice shiny lure for salt water trout or a tommy cod. Anyway, I guess a squid saw my nice shiny lure and attacked it. I brought it ashore and the damn then wasn't even hooked, it just wouldn't let go - just a mass of angry tentacles. I just cut the line and threw it back, and that sucker was only a foot long.

Another time we were scooping up squid for the fishermen as bait. I guess there was 3ft of water in the cove and it was just *filled* with squid. My buddy slipped and fell in. He had a dozen of the suckers attached to him when he crawled out. He still has a scar on his upper arm where one bit him.

Still, we had fun with squid. After they spawned, they got slow just before they died, so we could catch them with our hands and use them as living water squirters. One used ink once and ruined my favorite shirt - BASTARD - but normally they just shot water.
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

IceBear wrote:Still, we had fun with squid
I have fun eating them, but that's where it starts and stops with me.

Though I do have a historical appreciation for their axons as well.
My blog: Chimpanzee Tea Party

"Osama Bin Laden can suck my insouciance." -Kung Fu Monkey
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I grew up in a fishing village and I hate seafood. Go figure :)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I grew up tending corn fields and I couldn't eat not stomach the smell of corn for years. I'm over it now. I still don't eat fish though. Blech. The concept of any food that tastes better the less it tastes like what it is baffles me. People complain that their fish tastes too fishy. The day I send back my steak becuase it has too much of a beefy taste, is probably the day I shoot myself in the head. What would you do if your potato was too tatery?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

IceBear wrote:Where I grew up we used to get a lot of squid come into the shallows to spawn and die (well, we did for a decade and then they stopped and no one is sure why).
They're massing for the 7-Hour War.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Zaxxon wrote:
IceBear wrote:Where I grew up we used to get a lot of squid come into the shallows to spawn and die (well, we did for a decade and then they stopped and no one is sure why).
Where is the one free man when you need him?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

$iljanus wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:
Where is the one free man when you need him?
I <3 :ninja:
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

We're waaaaay behind on developing the proper powered armor that will give us a chance (albeit a slim one) to stave off the invasion. This vexes me.
Kagath

Post by Kagath »

IceBear wrote:snip...
Another time we were scooping up squid for the fishermen as bait. I guess there was 3ft of water in the cove and it was just *filled* with squid. My buddy slipped and fell in. He had a dozen of the suckers attached to him when he crawled out. He still has a scar on his upper arm where one bit him.

Still, we had fun with squid. After they spawned, they got slow just before they died, so we could catch them with our hands and use them as living water squirters. One used ink once and ruined my favorite shirt - BASTARD - but normally they just shot water.
LOL. Funny stuff. :mrgreen:
Rip

Post by Rip »

Kagath wrote:
IceBear wrote:snip...

LOL. Funny stuff. :mrgreen:
Funny, we do the same thing with captured mammals. They seem to always squirt yellow water or red ink for some reason :twisted:
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--