Die, Swish Maintenance, die!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

The Mad Hatter

Die, Swish Maintenance, die!

Post by The Mad Hatter »

I've had this phone number for seven years now, and all through those years I've gotten wrong number calls for Swish Maintenance. There's only one digit difference between the two, and sometimes referral manufacturers give people my number. I get calls for industrial vacuum cleaners, repair orders, etc. Bastards!
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Our number is one digit different than a mortage compnay. I keep turning people down for their loans.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Odin

Post by Odin »

We've had our current number since 1998, and we're STILL occasionally getting calls for the person who had the number before us (last night, for instance). You'd think that anybody who hasn't called her in SIX FREAKING YEARS just wouldn't bother at all. Grrr.

Sith
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I grew up with an number from one city, but lived in a different township. Our area code and prefix (I forget the real name of those three digits) was (313) 495- for the outskirts of Ypsilanti. Plymouth/Canton had it own code for (313) 459- (as well as four others at the time). I ended working with one of the people in the household who had the (313) 459-LordMortis Suffix number and she was pissed because for her entire life they had 2 or more phonecall for us every week from people who assumed our number in Canton was a 459- number as most of the rest of the Canton exchange (that's the word) was at the time. We never got calls for them, so I laughed at her and this did not make her happy. :)

Edit: and one of the Target pharmacies had their number in the phone book listed as my current work number for about three years before they finally fixed it after many complaints. People still call here for Target pharmacy four years after the problem was fixed.