2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

RIP Roger Corman

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

McNutt

RIP Roger Corman

Post by McNutt »

Roger Corman had a major impact on cinema, even if he wasn't close to winning a best director Oscar. We've all seen his work and you have to admire his tenacity. A true legend.
Jaymann

Re: RIP Roger Corman

Post by Jaymann »

A legend and a creative genius. RIP.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

As a lifelong horror/B-movie fan, this one hit hard. I loved watching his interviews - he was sharp as a tack even in his 90s, and fascinating to listen to. Coincidentally I watched several of his films this past week including the original Little Shop of Horrors and Night of the Blood Beast.

He also directed one of my favorite B-movies of all time, X: The Man With the X-Ray Eyes" (1963).

The impact he had on films, actors, directors, and future filmmakers is truly immeasurable.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Has anyone checked on Hepcat?

RIP, Roger.
Brian

Post by Brian »

To really get an idea of the impact Roger Corman had on the movie industry, you should check out the excellent Corman's World documentary.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Unagi wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:12 am Has anyone checked on Hepcat?

RIP, Roger.
Yeah, losing Steve Albini AND Roger Corman in one week felt like God was taking all my favorite things at once. But Corman had a good run. He wasn’t a great director, but he was a great businessman. He also was great at fostering talent. Without him, we might not have ever had Francis Ford Coppola, Johnathan Demme,Martin Scorsese, or James Cameron. He gave them all a start and helped them break into the world of directing. RIP to a true giant of filmmakers.

One of the great stories from his career

He won. Period.
SpiderRelax

Post by SpiderRelax »

He was a true icon in the film industry, known for his incredible influence on independent cinema and his knack for discovering and nurturing talent. His legacy will live on through the countless filmmakers he mentored and the many beloved films he brought to life. Rest in peace, Roger Corman. Your creativity and vision will be missed but never forgotten.