2024 Fundraising - $0 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Lies of P - Souls-like Steampunk Pinocchio

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Lies of P - Souls-like Steampunk Pinocchio

Post by coopasonic »

Scraper wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:25 amI never could get into The Surge 1 or 2, I found them to be a bit generic.
:tjg:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I actually need to pick up Wu Long. I forgot it existed. :oops:

The Surge was one of the earliest Souls-likes for me so I didn't have much to compare it to, and I found the combat had a great feel to it. Also, the handicapped person having a heavy equipment suit bolted into his actual bone structure was just the right level of horrifying and cool.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I finished it this evening... kind of. I couldn't handle the final boss so I took the lame ending. I don't think I ever got him below half in phase 2. I guess the specter crutch helped me with most of the other bosses and without it I was doomed. Anyway, it was a great game and I may do NG+ at some point and give that damn final boss another try.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

coopasonic wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:50 pm I finished it this evening... kind of. I couldn't handle the final boss so I took the lame ending. I don't think I ever got him below half in phase 2. I guess the specter crutch helped me with most of the other bosses and without it I was doomed. Anyway, it was a great game and I may do NG+ at some point and give that damn final boss another try.
The final boss was tough, but I think beating him is the only way to get the "good" ending.
FTE