2024 Fundraising - $0 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[Netflix] 3 Body Problem

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jeff V

Re: [Netflix] 3 Body Problem

Post by Jeff V »

stessier wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:20 pm I just finished the series and liked it. I didn't trust Netflix to let them finish the story. Should I start by reading the first book, or skip to the second? I've seen several people say they had trouble getting through the first one.
I had just read Michio Kaku's book, Quantum Supremacy, and that made this book more understandable as it does deal with quantum theory. I highly recommend going this route.
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

stessier wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:20 pm I just finished the series and liked it. I didn't trust Netflix to let them finish the story. Should I start by reading the first book, or skip to the second? I've seen several people say they had trouble getting through the first one.
not only do they blow through the first book (in record time) in this first series, they get a good start on the second and include a portion of the third...
Spoiler:
i don't think the second book is going to endear you to this series. i'm also of the opinion that aside from a few interesting ideas, the story itself was not interesting, the characterization one-dimensional (if that) and the dialog horrific. yeah, was not a fan. so i figured this adaptation couldn't do worse...
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Jeff V wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:35 pm I just finished the first book and thought it was amazing. Is this a series or a movie? I might just get a temporary Netflix sub to see this.
A series, but since it is on netflix, better wait until they completed the whole series before start watching. They're known to cancel fantasy/sci-fi series after 1-2 seasons.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:50 am
Jeff V wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:35 pm I just finished the first book and thought it was amazing. Is this a series or a movie? I might just get a temporary Netflix sub to see this.
A series, but since it is on netflix, better wait until they completed the whole series before start watching. They're known to cancel fantasy/sci-fi series after 1-2 seasons.
related to my post above: but if all one cares about is the first book (and i know a number of people that read the first one and not the rest of the series), then that's already been covered and completed in this first season.

if one wants the excruciatingly long adaptation, go with the Chinese TV series