SCIENCE and things like that

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: SCIENCE and things like that

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Amazing that Higgs held on long enough to see the discovery of his brain child. Great video. I was afraid it would be more of the Joe Rogan: OMG WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING AT CERN AND IT'S TERRIFYING!!! garbage. They did a great job of demonstrating the minuscule scale of the particles.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

RIP Superconducting Super Collider
It's almost as if people are the problem.
disarm

Post by disarm »

There are a lot of really great things in that LHC video, but I think the section 'Why Does This Matter?' at 11:30 is probably my favorite part. The way she explains why proving and understanding theoretical research are important is perfectly stated and something I wish everyone who looks down on theoretical sciences could understand.

We may not understand the importance of everything we're learning now, but you also never know what discovery might change the world forever.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Primate observed administering medicine
When a wild orangutan in Indonesia suffered a painful wound to his cheek, he did something that stunned researchers: He chewed plant leaves known to have pain-relieving and healing properties, rubbed the juice on the open wound — and then used the leaves as a poultice to cover his injury.

"This case represents the first known case of active wound treatment in a wild animal with a medical plant," biologist Isabelle Laumer, the first author of a paper about the revelation, told NPR.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:37 pm Primate observed administering medicine
When a wild orangutan in Indonesia suffered a painful wound to his cheek, he did something that stunned researchers: He chewed plant leaves known to have pain-relieving and healing properties, rubbed the juice on the open wound — and then used the leaves as a poultice to cover his injury.

"This case represents the first known case of active wound treatment in a wild animal with a medical plant," biologist Isabelle Laumer, the first author of a paper about the revelation, told NPR.
Unfortunately its insurance plan denied coverage.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thats a bad wound. Feels sorry for him. Not sure why people didn't help. I guess being a wild animal they have to let it be.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:46 pm Thats a bad wound. Feels sorry for him. Not sure why people didn't help. I guess being a wild animal they have to let it be.
Broadly speaking, you don't interfere.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)