Epic Games Account Issue

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

El Guapo

Epic Games Account Issue

Post by El Guapo »

Curious if anyone else has encountered this issue. Basically my 11 YO son has been gaming on my XBox for a number of years. I set up a secondary account on XBox live for him awhile back that he uses. So he's used that to play Fortnite and Rocket League. He recently got a gaming PC, and wants to use his Epic Games account / progress to play Rocket League on that PC. It's easy enough to link his Epic Games account to *my* Xbox live account. But since there is (I think) no e-mail address associated with his secondary XBox live account, I can't find a way to link his Epic Games account to his XBox live account (and thereby transfer his Rocket League progress to his PC).

Any ideas how to address this?
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Re: Epic Games Account Issue

Post by Blackhawk »

I have no clue, but is it possible to associate an email address with his Xbox account, then go from there? It could always be a dummy account or a parent-managed account (my kids have had gmail addresses since they were that age, but they also fed into my own client until they were deemed old enough.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
El Guapo

Re: Epic Games Account Issue

Post by El Guapo »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:26 pm I have no clue, but is it possible to associate an email address with his Xbox account, then go from there? It could always be a dummy account or a parent-managed account (my kids have had gmail addresses since they were that age, but they also fed into my own client until they were deemed old enough.)
My account (the primary account) has an associated e-mail address, but I haven't found a way to associate an e-mail address with a secondary child account. Maybe I'll call Microsoft support and ask them.
Black Lives Matter.