Fortnite: Battle Royale

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Fortnite: Battle Royale

Post by Daehawk »

Finally. It was eluding me fr so long.

Heres proof. Im lvl 39 now..need to keep it moving.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Snagged my 15th win of the season this morning. I'm around level 156 and still waiting for some game to come along and pull me away. Nothing else is calling to me now.

I played a bunch of solo Ranked in Zero Build (for the record, all of my matches are Zero Build) over the weekend and got to Diamond, and 3 games later I was back to Plat 3. Apparently I am not a Diamond level player. :P

I think I am Plat 2 on Rocket Racing now, but I only play enough to get the daily quests each day which is generally 5-6 races. I can finish in first, last or anywhere in between in Rocket Racing. It mostly seems to depend in the track.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im only doing solo no build no rank. I won again. Lucked out and got all blue weps then replaced the sniper and shotgun with purples as the map shrank. Knew Id win if I played it safe so hit and sniped from range.

Won another match on the back of a gold AR rifle. It carried me from the start to the finish with ease..I upgraded it to be silent too so others didn't know where I was. I sat on player inv pops and killed 4 people that came by to rummage through the pile of blue stuff hahhaah. I was lucky to get the card to a vault off a npc and then the gold gun out of a blue chest in there. I love those blue chests.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I definitely have played this season the most of all seasons which isn't saying much as I only got the battle pass in one prior season and may have played a bit in another season. I think I hit level 218 this morning so the battle pass is long completed, I am mostly playing for fun now and some to finish the TMNT pass which I haven't bought yet, but I have the V-bucks to spare. I think the Super Shredder skin is pretty cool looking, particularly for free. :P

I have been playing "The Pit - Zero Build" which is a 12 player free for all, basically non-stop combat which is practice I really need. With every kill your health and shields are restored so killing is the fastest way to heal up. It keeps things interesting. As a bonus it gives decent xp that is an option to progress the TMNT pass (xp from creative worlds).

I haven't gotten a solo win in a while, possibly because I learned to be too aggressive and I find the good players quicker that way. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

God this game is un-optimized. It takes forever and a day between when I click its icon to when it actually gets going then loads the game up to where I can make choices about my character and play. SO SLOoooooooow I clicked the icon, I want to play...not wait and wait and wait. Its getting to where Im thinking about not playing it and deleting it.

I can click the game and go to the kitchen and make a sandwich and come back and sit down on front of the PC and its almost loaded and started up ready for me.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm pretty sure you and I have the same video card and I think that is the problem. We are running the minimum spec. I'm pretty happy it runs at all, honestly.

Edit - I take that back. My card is the recommended spec, although my CPU is a generation behind recommended. Still think my card is a big part of the problem - textures take forever to load. I know my first game of the day is always going to be a quick loss because textures pop in and movement is laggy. It also takes forever to get in the first one...after I hit the Play button, the next thing I know I'm either already on the Battle Bus or falling from it at the end of it's travel. I rarely see the waiting room at all that first game. By the second game, things improve significantly and it's playable.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya all thats happened to me too.

I have a Asus STRIX 970 4 gig card and my cpu is a i7 2600K

Stuck in the stone age.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I have a Nvidia 960 and an i7 6600k. It's not the game - it's us.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Maybe some of the better to do OO folks when they upgrade might keep us in mind *wink*wink* :mrgreen:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:36 am Maybe some of the better to do OO folks when they upgrade might keep us in mind *wink*wink* :mrgreen:
If I got an upgrade at this point, my PC would go to one of my kids and the freed up hand me down isn't much better than what you already have.

Got everything the TMNT event had to offer, also got the Mythic survivor medal. I hit level 245. I've been done for a bit but my youngest is trying to get the rest of the v-bucks from the bonus rewards and he doesn't like to play solo. I think he only has 5-6 levels to go.

I am ready for something new... or for a new game to come out that captures my interest!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive not been playing much this season. I really dont like the map much. I think Im lvl 54 or 65. Dont even know.
stessier

Post by stessier »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:56 pm also got the Mythic survivor medal.
Congrats. That's the one thing I want. I always get up to Level 3 or 2 and can never just find the time to dedicate to get those last 2 wins. Annoying.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:44 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:56 pm also got the Mythic survivor medal.
Congrats. That's the one thing I want. I always get up to Level 3 or 2 and can never just find the time to dedicate to get those last 2 wins. Annoying.
I had mostly given up on it, but the kids wanted to play this weekend and we got back to back wins. The hardest part is that playing with my kids they tend to get all the kills and I can barely grab an assist since they rush in so eagerly.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Pandora's box keeps opening. I wonder what the next step is.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Servers are down for the upgrade and I have a three day weekend. Sweet.
disarm

Post by disarm »

My 10yo only has a half day of school today and begged me to make sure the update was downloading before I left for work this morning. He can't be the only one of his friend group not in the game this afternoon!
Last edited by disarm on Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:11 am Servers are down for the upgrade and I have a three day weekend. Sweet.
At the end of the season, I was around 246 and my kids were 143 and ~100, Spring break starts for them tomorrow so they may get a head start this time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

So I play on the PC. All the console players seem to be able to download and have the update ready to go as soon as the servers come back up. I, however, can only start downloading the update once the servers are back online and it usually takes about an hour. Is there someway for me to pre-load it?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Played part of a round last night. First time in half a month it seems like...probably been a week and a half. Had good guns and full health and shields and some person came around a rock and 1 shotted me with a shotgun. Pissed me off so bad I alt f4'd and stomped through the house spitting and cussing. Well I can see I dont need to play Fortnite right now.
stessier

Post by stessier »

So today I made a concerted effort to figure out where the bottleneck was. When I pulled up the fps tracker, I saw I was capped at 30. Some Googling later, I see that I can change it. My HD and CPU are pegged at 80-90% throughout the matches, but I figure I can bump it up to 60fps since that is what my monitor is capable of.

Wow - 60 fps makes a WORLD of difference. I was playing duos and got 11 & 4 in my first match!
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

So after all the extended downtime yesterday, I did manage to get in late and play one round of Zero Build. It was fun and I enjoyed all the usual Fortnite antics and strategy. I didn't interact much with the new mythological theme stuff. I don't think I encountered any of the gods NPCs, and didn't even explore much of the new locations. Ended up with a handful of kills and did win the match.

But as much as I did enjoy it, I'm not sure it's worth me buying the battle pass. I like the skins this time around. But I just can't see me playing this over and over and over again like I have in the past. Other things I'd rather do with my time I think. Other games to play. Maybe if I running regularly with my son, or another crew of friends. It might just be my time with Fortnite has passed.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I logged in the other night...had no idea what was going on..still dont. need to look up what the stuff is about now. I did see a giant chest wit ha giant hand and a firenado out of it of something. I climbed in and jumped in thinking Id die but nothing happened.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Pulled off a new feat today - won a match without eliminating anyone. I spent most of the game running, healing, and shielding. Made it to the top 3 and was in a car when I heard the last two start to fight it out. I started jetting over there only to have them kill each other simultaneously with their last bullets. Great win! :lol:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

lol grats. Me and an enemy have died that way but never at the end. My proudest achievement if going to the kitchen and coming back to find myself falling to the water from the bus and going from there to spending almost the entire match running to stay ahead of the storm to winning it all.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What have they changed to where this season I cant play and get Vbucks to be able to buy season pass with them? Im playing as much or more than I ever did before when I got vbucks and could get in on the rewards. Im doing the quests and lvl my guy but still no vbucks available to me.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:58 pm What have they changed to where this season I cant play and get Vbucks to be able to buy season pass with them? Im playing as much or more than I ever did before when I got vbucks and could get in on the rewards. Im doing the quests and lvl my guy but still no vbucks available to me.
Levels are much harder to come by and you have to get higher to get all the v-bucks you used to be able to get at Level 100 - I think you have to get up to 140 now.

The biggest change is that they give you Match goals that give XP per completion whereas before they gave more season long goals to complete. And there is no catchup XP like there used to be. So you have to play and complete at least 3 match goals every day for best results. Also, play other modes to get more XP.

I've completed 160 games, nearly as many Match goals, and all the available season missions and am only Level 52. But I can only play on Saturday and Sunday, so I miss out on a lot of daily XP.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I'm at 260 matches and level 139 (thanks idle xp from lego fortnite! :P though I didn't get any xp from idleing since the tuesday patch)

Last season I didn't do any idle xp but I did daily match quests plus daily rocket racing stuff and got to level 240-something.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Did real good tonight. Killed more players in this match than I ever had before. It played out in the vineyards area. I think in the end I killed 8 or 9 players in a row before someone got lucky on me. Was fun. And yet I only gained 1 lvl and no new gamepass loot to get. Man its a tough season.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its been a long damn time coming but I finally got it.

Enlarge Image
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Epic May have finally figured out how to get me to buy V-bucks.

Hopefully you can see the tweet. There’s a Billie Eilish collab now. It might not mean much to you olds (and yes I think stess is younger than I am) but I am pretty excited. I may get both the festival pass and the bundle.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You want to kill people and look like Billie Eilish doing it?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:22 pm You want to kill people and look like Billie Eilish doing it?
Yes. Yes I do. Like possibly enough to enable the GeForce feature to capture highlights...

Also, we don't kill. We eliminate. You ever see a dead body in Fortnite (I mean other than all the zombies in Save the World?) Nope. They just turn into little glowy bits that disappear.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter