Pavonis Interactive, who made Long War/Long War 2 mods, is developing a grand strategy game called Terra Invicta

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

baelthazar

Re: Pavonis Interactive, who made Long War/Long War 2 mods, is developing a grand strategy game called Terra Invicta

Post by baelthazar »

gbasden wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:49 am So, a bit off topic, but do you recommend this? It's certainly right up my alley thematically. I generally avoid early access, but it's got pretty good reviews. If you think it has legs I'll check it out.
I very much enjoy Shadows of Forbidden Gods, but there are some caveats. You will be hitting the "End Turn" button a lot and waiting for your long mission times to complete. Unlike Terra Invicta, you WILL succeed at your agent's mission (no RNG), but the time to succeed is variable by the difficulty of the action and security of the location. So you may be waiting 20-50 turns for something (you shouldn't, since preparation is needed to lower difficulty).

There is also a LOT of action and information to process. The tutorial is fine, but it isn't going to teach you all the tiny details you need to know. Occasionally, the game feels like it is playing itself, which is sort of the point (since you are in the shadows).

For the price, it is a unique take on something and offers a lot of fun and replay. It is still in Early Access, so expect bugs and changes. Overall, however, I think it is a great game - particularly if you want something you can hit a few turns on in between doing something else or working from home.
gbasden

Re: Pavonis Interactive, who made Long War/Long War 2 mods, is developing a grand strategy game called Terra Invicta

Post by gbasden »

Thanks! I'll check it out!
malchior

Post by malchior »

So I finally won a campaign of Terra Invicta after a few starts of the game. I ended up taking the Initiative to and through their final goals in 2056. The campaign took me...oh...150+ hours. I think I could get it down significantly on another playthrough but that'll have to wait because this consumed so much playtime. At some level this game is extremely, extremely impressive but it's also a bit of mess where you have to overlook some flaws and it's easy to fall into logistics traps if you don't understand all the mechanics well enough.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Now available on Xbox Gamepass.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow