Sword of Convallaria

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

Sword of Convallaria

Post by Jaymann »

Turn based tactical RPG with JRPG art style. I think of it as Sword of Convoluted Name. There is a demo out and it will be free to play. :doh: Not sure how they can do that, maybe microtransactions down the road? Anyway I am going to give the demo a try.

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Re: Sword of Convallaria

Post by Jaymann »

So far it is pretty much on a rail. The text is in English but the voices are in Japanese (or you can choose Chinese). The combat is very simplistic, but I don't mind that. I cannot find any way to save the game, so I will just minimize it until I'm ready to quit.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It was weird, I finished a mission arc then it took me back to the initial dungeon. I fought my way out of that and got what appears to be the main game screen. I figured out how to "save" the game. You go to Elysium, which is like a home base and close the game window. However it is irritating that the only thing you can do in Elysium is go on the next mission or quit. Everything else, like gear and such is greyed out.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I have this on my wishlist. Not sure when I initially read about it, but it's been a while. I don't typically mess around with demos though interested to hear your thoughts as you play more. The 'free-to-play' angle has me leery about it too. I'll have to see what people think when it comes out, whenever that might be.