Capitol Riot Investigation Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LordMortis

Re: Capitol Riot Investigation Thread

Post by LordMortis »

em2nought wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:22 am
hepcat wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:07 pm
em2nought wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:10 am Happy Insurrection Day! Here are ten great ways to celebrate :lol: https://babylonbee.com/news/10-great-wa ... -this-year

Enlarge Image
We could just celebrate by hanging all the traitors who tried to destroy America in the name of their orange god. :csmile:

I mean, that’s what you’re supposed to do to traitors, right? If we can find a rope strong enough to hold that fat piece of human shit Trump, that is. Although his blood has been poisoned by marrying so many immigrants over the years, we might be able to just let nature run its course.
My reply is this meme. :lol: How would you make sure a suitcase you bought at Goodwill had no bed bugs before you brought it in your house? Was thinking to set off some kind of bed bug fogger in my car just in case? :think:
Enlarge Image
Because they'd want to overthrow their republic with a fascist dictatorship pretending to use oppressive religion at the state sponsored level as legitmizer for their actions? You might be right. We might have deified them when they were just using reason as an means to an end and not as the end itself.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This is closer to the truth.

Enlarge Image

Treason's Greetings to all my insurrectionist supporting Trump friends! Chins up, champs. You may not have destroyed democracy...yet...but you gave it your best shot! Fortunately, America is stronger than one orange seditious cult leader or his gullible worshipers.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

em2nought wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:22 am Enlarge Image
They only called for revolution once, and it was because of and directed against people like Trump. Oh, and they only used it as a last resort, not as a their preferred option.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
malchior

Post by malchior »

New detail on the timeline indicates Trump knew what he was doing when he targeted Pence. As if there was doubt in my mind but the time line is damning. It actually fills in with detail the idea that Trump was actively trying to egg on the insurrection in real-time. This comports with the stories that he wanted to go down to the capital and having been barred from doing so by his protection detail instead used social media as a weapon.
Special counsel Jack Smith's team has uncovered previously undisclosed details about former President Donald Trump's refusal to help stop the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol three years ago as he sat watching TV inside the White House, according to sources familiar with what Smith's team has learned during its Jan. 6 probe.

Sources also said former Trump aide Nick Luna told federal investigators that when Trump was informed that then-Vice President Mike Pence had to be rushed to a secure location, Trump responded, "So what?" -- which sources said Luna saw as an unexpected willingness by Trump to let potential harm come to a longtime loyalist.

Sources also said former Trump aide Nick Luna told federal investigators that when Trump was informed that then-Vice President Mike Pence had to be rushed to a secure location, Trump responded, "So what?" -- which sources said Luna saw as an unexpected willingness by Trump to let potential harm come to a longtime loyalist.

According to what sources said Scavino told Smith's team, Trump was "very angry" that day -- not angry at what his supporters were doing to a pillar of American democracy, but steaming that the election was allegedly stolen from him and his supporters, who were "angry on his behalf." Scavino described it all as "very unsettling," sources said.

At times, Trump just sat silently at the head of the table, with his arms folded and his eyes locked on the TV, Scavino recounted, sources said.

After unsuccessfully trying for up to 20 minutes to persuade Trump to release some sort of calming statement, Scavino and others walked out of the dining room, leaving Trump alone, sources said. That's when, according to sources, Trump posted a message on his Twitter account saying that Pence "didn't have the courage to do what should have been done."

Trump's aides told investigators they were shocked by the post. Aside from Trump, Scavino was the only other person with access to Trump's Twitter account, and he was often the one actually posting messages to it, so when the message about Pence popped up, Cipollone and another White House attorney raced to find Scavino, demanding to know why he would post that in the midst of such a precarious situation, sources said.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Meanwhile, this fascist piece of shit is pouring gas on the fire. Hostages!? The headline is not an exaggeration. She used that word and then goes on to support them by saying the charges against them are a "weaponization" of the Justice department. Outrageously irresponsible.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

dupe
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

She also refuses to agree to certify the 2024 election results.

Wants to ‘see how it turns out’ first.

I mean, at least she’s transparent about her open rebellion?

Edit: her actual quote as a reason for not agreeing to certify: “We will see if this is a legal and valid election,”
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:13 pm Edit: her actual quote as a reason for not agreeing to certify: “We will see if this is a legal and valid election,”
Translation: "We will see who wins."
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

You know we are in trouble when 1/3 of Republicans believe the insurrection was instigated by the FBI.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

1/3 of Republicans have generally been dumbasses historically. I grew up in Republican Illinois.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:53 pm
OOOoooooh! I bet he's TERRIFIED! All he has to do is look at what happened to Steve Bannon, who's been rotting in j....roaming around free, fomenting rebellion and eating sandwiches while dressed like an old timey hobo.
Ex-Trump aide Peter Navarro sentenced to 4 months for defying Jan. 6 committee subpoena
Former Trump White House adviser Peter Navarro was sentenced to four months in jail and ordered to pay a $9,500 fine Thursday for defying a congressional subpoena to cooperate with the House select committee that investigated the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
Following sentencing, Navarro's attorneys immediately filed an appeal.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh boy

“This is to notify you formally pursuant to rule 8 of the rules of the House of Representatives that the office of the sergeant at arms for the House of Representatives has been served with a grand jury subpoena for documents issued by the U.S. Department of Justice”
Maybe we'll start finding out about elected officials and what they were up to in the days before, during and after.

:whistle:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So that's the formal declaration that Congress will be supplying the DOJ with official Congress records?

No fight?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Not anything in the Senate (I don't think), but the House - any documents (internal) requested by the DOJ will now be turned over by the Sgt. at Arms.

Like maybe phone records. Or internal communiques. Looking forward to what's coming. Wish it didn't take 3 goddamn years.

EDIT: Possibly related to this.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Jesus, that's just now happening?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

What's the rush, right?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:27 pm Oh boy

“This is to notify you formally pursuant to rule 8 of the rules of the House of Representatives that the office of the sergeant at arms for the House of Representatives has been served with a grand jury subpoena for documents issued by the U.S. Department of Justice”
Maybe we'll start finding out about elected officials and what they were up to in the days before, during and after.

:whistle:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is about Cori Bush.

Hodor.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Thanks for the update.

She should have just stuck to insider trading. That's apparently no big deal.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

J6 judges pushing back against nonsense:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/januar ... -theories/
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

About time.

I like this bit at the end about Navarro-
Mehta also criticized Navarro's claim that the case demonstrated a "two-tiered system of justice." The judge noted how Navarro had four defense lawyers at his defense table during the trial and sentencing. "There might be a two-tiered system of justice … but this isn't it," Mehta said
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

What billionaire patriots are paying for those four lawyers? Funny how this is contrasted against whistleblowers like Chelsea manning or kids who leak documents on discord or foreigners who hack into us military systems without having set foot in America who get locked up without access to lawyers under the patriot act. You’d think insurrection to overthrow democracy would be on at least that level.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Ruh-roh. Chesebro appears to have done the perjury... again.
Kenneth Chesebro, the right-wing attorney who helped devise the Trump campaign’s fake electors plot in 2020, concealed a secret Twitter account from Michigan prosecutors, hiding dozens of damning posts that undercut his statements to investigators about his role in the election subversion scheme, a CNN KFile investigation has found.

Chesebro denied using Twitter, now known as the platform X, or having any “alternate IDs” when directly asked by Michigan investigators last year during his cooperation session, according to recordings of his interview obtained by CNN.

But CNN linked Chesebro to the secret account based on numerous matching details — including biographical information regarding his work, family, travels and investments. The anonymous account, BadgerPundit, also showed a keen interest in the Electoral College process and lined up with Chesebro’s private activities at the time.

The Twitter posts reveal that even before the 2020 election, and then just two days after polls closed, Chesebro promoted a far more aggressive election subversion strategy than he later let on in his Michigan interview.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Oh Cheesy, you seemed so innocuous at first.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Maybe he saw himself as another catturd2
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Release the hostages:

Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Can the POTUS do that? Can Biden for example order to free everyone in prison?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

If you are in prison for a federal crime and the president pardons you - you walk.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:24 am If you are in prison for a federal crime and the president pardons you - you walk.
I dont think the president has that kind of ultimate power. I mean what if you're in a wheelchair?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Punisher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:05 pm
Unagi wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:24 am If you are in prison for a federal crime and the president pardons you - you walk.
I dont think the president has that kind of ultimate power. I mean what if you're in a wheelchair?
This made me gigglesnort
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
stessier

Post by stessier »

Same - well played. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

My only fear is that VR runs with the first part, and doesn't read the punchline.

:)
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

The sovereign citizen defense didn’t work:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ter-prison

A Washington state man who used a megaphone to orchestrate a mob’s attack on police officers guarding the US Capitol was sentenced on Wednesday to more than seven years in prison.

Royce Lamberth, the US district judge, said videos captured Taylor James Johnatakis playing a leadership role during the January 6 riot.

Johnatakis led other rioters on a charge against a police line, “barked commands” over his megaphone and shouted step-by-step directions for overpowering officers, the judge said.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Grifman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:31 am The sovereign citizen defense didn’t work:

A Washington state man who used a megaphone to orchestrate a mob’s attack on police officers guarding the US Capitol was sentenced on Wednesday to more than seven years in prison.

Royce Lamberth, the US district judge, said videos captured Taylor James Johnatakis playing a leadership role during the January 6 riot.

Johnatakis led other rioters on a charge against a police line, “barked commands” over his megaphone and shouted step-by-step directions for overpowering officers, the judge said.
Trust me Sovereign Citizen arguments never work and are entirely patched together rants from various parts of history that make zero sense. They often times make Q followers look rational.
FTE
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I also feel that a sovereign citizen sorta has no standing when it comes to 'taking back America', right?
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Unagi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:40 am I also feel that a sovereign citizen sorta has no standing when it comes to 'taking back America', right?
That's a tough one to answer because there is no set beliefs for sovereign citizens as a group. But yeah most of them view the government as illegitimate, some put it at inception, some in the 1800s, some even later, but in the end they're all conspiracy theories
FTE
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I looked it up without a paywall and here is my favorite quote from the BBC:
In Singapore, a country known for adherence to rules, a viral video in May this year showed a 40-year-old woman refusing to don a face mask, telling people "I'm a sovereign… This is something people are not going to know what it is".

"It means I have nothing to do with the police, it means I have no contract with the police. They have no say over me," said the woman, who was later sent to a mental health facility.
My emphasis.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Scraper wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:35 am
Grifman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:31 am The sovereign citizen defense didn’t work:

Trust me Sovereign Citizen arguments never work and are entirely patched together rants from various parts of history that make zero sense. They often times make Q followers look rational.
After watching literally dozens of sovcit traffic stop and court videos during Covid (my guilty pleasure) I suspect I alreafy knew that :)

I’m pretty much a self taught expert by now.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Scraper wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:23 am
Unagi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:40 am I also feel that a sovereign citizen sorta has no standing when it comes to 'taking back America', right?
That's a tough one to answer because there is no set beliefs for sovereign citizens as a group. But yeah most of them view the government as illegitimate, some put it at inception, some in the 1800s, some even later, but in the end they're all conspiracy theories
Unagi is saying that the US is a sovereign nation and the citizen is asserting that they are sovereign unto themselves, sort of like declaring your property the sovereign nation of Petoria in Family Guy.

However, there is another meaning to sovereignty that I was not aware of, and that is simply having the controlling power of the nation. So the French revolution moved sovereignty from the nobility to the people without changing the nation's status as a sovereign nation.

So it's sort of possible to be a sovereign citizen of the US while remaining part of the sovereign nation of the US.

TIL.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

He claims America has no claim on him, but he thinks he has some claim on America.