American Truck Simulator

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Unagi

Re: American Truck Simulator

Post by Unagi »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:27 pm I can tell you with some authority that the Indiana portion of his route (US 24) isn't even remotely close to reality. If you told me it was some part of northern California, I'd have believed you.
Yeah, I saw that as well - it was just a field of trees. I'm not impressed.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:27 am Okay, so how is this guy doing this?

I didn't know there were map mods.
That's my truck he is driving, a Western Star 57X. I love the fancy dashboard :wink:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Speaking of map mods, there have been map mods since there was ATS and before that, European Truck Simulator 2, or maybe even for the original ETS for all I know. I remember downloading and installing a mod for ETS2 that covered North Africa as well as places in Europe that weren't already in ETS2 at the time. Here's a link to a post from just about ten years ago showing off some sights in North Africa. And here's one of my favorite screenshots from the mod:

Enlarge Image
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

What happened to that plane?!?! Did it get in the way of you trying to move a stuck trailer.... :wink:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

TheMix wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:47 pm What happened to that plane?!?! Did it get in the way of you trying to move a stuck trailer.... :wink:
:D :D :D :D :D :D I got a big laugh out of that.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:52 pm
TheMix wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:47 pm What happened to that plane?!?! Did it get in the way of you trying to move a stuck trailer.... :wink:
:D :D :D :D :D :D I got a big laugh out of that.
:lol: me too!
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:56 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:27 pm I can tell you with some authority that the Indiana portion of his route (US 24) isn't even remotely close to reality. If you told me it was some part of northern California, I'd have believed you.
Yeah, I saw that as well - it was just a field of trees. I'm not impressed.

Yeah, that's because most map mods are not detail oriented, but filler oriented. They'll often make mods that just exist as connection points and to say they exist, but they're not accurate by any means. But there are also mod makers who put a lot of thought and research into their map mods to make them as accurate as possible. Map mods tend to fall into those two groups.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:32 am
By the way, I bought the game on release day, 2016.02.02, so I can pretty much confirm that this is the game I've played over the longest period of time.
Wow, it's been 8 years already? It still feels like the new kid on the block.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »