Soverign Syndicate

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jolor

Soverign Syndicate

Post by Jolor »

Just getting started but I find this more accessible than the game that it is compared to: Disco Elysium.

Placed in one of my favourite settings, Steampunk Victorian London, it purports to be a mystery with three main antagonists protagonists leading the investigation. Hardly whole heartedly, however, from my early experience ... at least has been the outcome based on the responses that I've chosen. As I said, early moments in the game but it is fun so far.
Last edited by Jolor on Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Baroquen

Re: Soverign Syndicate

Post by Baroquen »

I picked this up at launch because I thought it sounded right up my alley. I like the setting and thought the game premise sounded appealing. Played for a couple hours and have nothing bad to say about it. It played smoothly and had lots of character (and characters). I did wander away from it but that's more of a 'me' thing than a knock on the game. Still have it installed and may get back to it sooner rather than later.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Jolor wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:10 pm

Just getting started but I find this more accessible than the game that it is compared to: Disco Elysium.

Placed in one of my favourite settings, Steampunk Victorian London, it purports to be a mystery with three main antagonist leading the investigation. Hardly whole heartedly, however, from my early experience ... at least has been the outcome based on the responses that I've chosen. As I said, early moments in the game but it is fun so far.
Sorry, my good man, but you do mean "protagonist" correct? Just want to make sure this doesn't become another "rogue vs. rouge" debacle. Cherrio!
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Oh, Good Lord, I'm an idiot. I do know better than that so appreciate the "good catch".
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Eh, I guess it'd be a pretty poor RPG if you can't antagonize anybody.