World of Warcraft Classic help needed

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Fardaza

World of Warcraft Classic help needed

Post by Fardaza »

Hey All,
I decided to pick up WoW Classic and give it a try. I started an elven hunter. It's not very obvious what to do or what to spend money on in the beginning. It's semi-enjoyable so far.

Here's my issue. I may not be using all the proper terms, but here goes.

I ran into a first aid trainer early on and got the skill. I read later that it's a secondary skill.
I got leatherworking from a trainer also. This is supposed to be a primary skill. I should be able to get 2 primary skills.
I tried to get skinning from a trainer, but it won't let me pick it! I've got the money I need. It gave me a message something about You can only have 2 crafting skills. Okay, but if first aid is a secondary skill, why won't it let me select my second primary one? (skinning)
I can't delete first aid to make room for skinning. What am I doing wrong? I don't care at this point if I abandon first aid. I just want to add skinning to go with leatherworking. I'm leaving a lot of skins on the ground because I don't have the skill needed.

What to do?
Exodor

Re: World of Warcraft Classic help needed

Post by Exodor »

You should be able to pick up skinning without dropping first aid.

Are you able to accept the warning about only having two primary skills and then get skinning?

I don't play Classic so I don't really remember what the UI looks like but in retail you'll get a warning when you go to pick your second skill and clicking to acknowledge that allows you to learn the skill
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sorry I haven't played WOW since 2012. I cant remember the stuff.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Fardaza wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:35 pm Hey All,
I decided to pick up WoW Classic and give it a try. I started an elven hunter. It's not very obvious what to do or what to spend money on in the beginning. It's semi-enjoyable so far.

I ran into a first aid trainer early on and got the skill. I read later that it's a secondary skill.
I got leatherworking from a trainer also. This is supposed to be a primary skill. I should be able to get 2 primary skills.
I tried to get skinning from a trainer, but it won't let me pick it! I've got the money I need. It gave me a message something about You can only have 2 crafting skills. Okay, but if first aid is a secondary skill, why won't it let me select my second primary one? (skinning)
I can't delete first aid to make room for skinning. What am I doing wrong? I don't care at this point if I abandon first aid. I just want to add skinning to go with leatherworking. I'm leaving a lot of skins on the ground because I don't have the skill needed.

What to do?
First aid, fishing, and cooking (if they've added it to your server yet) are separate. You can absolutely get two crafting/gathering skills.

Mining, skinning, herbalism, alchemy, blacksmithing, leatherworking, and (depending on how much they've progressed), jewelcrafting or Inscription are the skills that count toward your limit.

I've been away a year or so, but I've got ten gazillion hours in the game, so feel free to ask anything. I can't guarantee that I'll know, but I can try.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Fardaza wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:35 pm Hey All,

What to do?
Don't have anything to add since your question has already been answered, but, have you never played WoW in any form?
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Oops, forgot to include inscription in my list of primaries.

I can't actually load a Classic character for confirmation/screenshots without resubbing, but I believe that if you open your character panel (your paper doll) and click the 'skills' tab, only those listed under "Professions" count against your limit of two.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Redfive wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:19 pm Don't have anything to add since your question has already been answered, but, have you never played WoW in any form?
I played WoW for about 2 months around 2007. I enjoyed it, but wasn't going to pay them every month. I was opposed to subscription games at the time.

Funny, but that's kind of the way I still feel. I'll probably only play this for a month or two and then drop it again. I gotta say, it's not really grabbing me so far.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FWIW, you're playing more or less the same game you played in 2007. I enjoy WoW Classic for the challenge and memories, but it's still 17-year-old gameplay. Current WoW is different enough to be unrecognizable.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Fardaza wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:34 am
Redfive wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:19 pm Don't have anything to add since your question has already been answered, but, have you never played WoW in any form?
I played WoW for about 2 months around 2007. I enjoyed it, but wasn't going to pay them every month. I was opposed to subscription games at the time.

Funny, but that's kind of the way I still feel. I'll probably only play this for a month or two and then drop it again. I gotta say, it's not really grabbing me so far.
Cool, was just curious. It seems every gamer I know played WoW at some time or another.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive