Fantasy Football 2023

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Dogstar

Fantasy Football 2023

Post by Dogstar »

It's that time of year again when I start rounding up managers for Fantasy Football Masters!

It currently says that active teams are: Samurai Saints (me), Bay Area Brawlers, Dirty Jersey, Disgruntled Yinzers, Madagascar Mudhogs, Grim Gronks, MD Marauders, Ohio Ohana's, Rocket City Lassrbrains, and the Voracious Velocidraftors. The Samurai Saints (that's me) are last year's defending champs, so I look forward to everyone doing their best to dethrone me. Or I'll just leave that to the gods of fantasy football.

Draft is scheduled for Tuesday night, September 5, at 9pm EST. I know it's late on the East Coast side, but this gives the West Coasters a chance to get home from work.

As always, if you can't/don't want to participate this year, please reach out via PM or post below. Additionally, if you're interested, and not yet in the league, or know someone that's interested, please PM me or post.
WYBaugh

Re: Fantasy Football 2023

Post by WYBaugh »

What type of league is this?
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Redraft League, 10-12 Teams, Head to Head, 1 pt per reception, plus defenses.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassrbrains are ready to go.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I forgot to tell my wife that the commish in my league is pestering me for the fees...
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Dogstar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:46 pm It's that time of year again when I start rounding up managers for Fantasy Football Masters!

It currently says that active teams are: Samurai Saints (me), Bay Area Brawlers, Dirty Jersey, Disgruntled Yinzers, Madagascar Mudhogs, Grim Gronks, MD Marauders, Ohio Ohana's, Rocket City Lassrbrains, and the Voracious Velocidraftors. The Samurai Saints (that's me) are last year's defending champs, so I look forward to everyone doing their best to dethrone me. Or I'll just leave that to the gods of fantasy football.

Draft is scheduled for Tuesday night, September 5, at 9pm EST. I know it's late on the East Coast side, but this gives the West Coasters a chance to get home from work.

As always, if you can't/don't want to participate this year, please reach out via PM or post below. Additionally, if you're interested, and not yet in the league, or know someone that's interested, please PM me or post.
I'll be working OT that night, but will be near my PC. I should be able to multi-task. Hell, I might be done in time. (now I jinxed)
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I’ll likely miss the draft at that time. I’m at an event that runs to 9:30 that night. But otherwise I’m ready to go.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Just a reminder the draft is tomorrow night at 9pm EST, 9/5! See you there!
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

League 1 - 12 team draft. It ran away from me a bit, as I initially went with BPA and then got caught playing catchup trying to fill holes on the rosters which clearly shows. Would not recommend.

QB - Mahomes, Richardson
RB - Mattison, M. Sanders, D. Montgomery, S. Perrine, D. Moss
WR - Waddle, Aiyuk, M. Brown, B. Cooks, V. Jefferson, M. Mims
TE - T. Kelce
K - C. Dicker
Def - Ravens
naednek

Post by naednek »

somebody hold me Apparently yahoo uses chatgpt to grade your draft.
BayAreaBrawlers: Drafting Disaster in the Fantasy Football Masters
Recap

Draft Results
In a stunning display of draft ineptitude, the BayAreaBrawlers managed to secure an impressive F grade in the Fantasy Football Masters draft. With a projected record of 1-13-0 and a projected finish in 10th place, it's safe to say that this team is destined for a season of disappointment. Their projected points of 1858 might as well be a punchline, considering the team's lackluster performance in the draft.

While some may argue that the BayAreaBrawlers had a glimmer of hope with their best pick, Tee Higgins, drafted at 26th overall (ADP 32), it's overshadowed by their worst pick, Kirk Cousins, selected at a shocking 66th overall (ADP 117). It's clear that the team's draft strategy was as consistent as a broken record, as they managed to draft not one, not two, but four players from the same team. It's a bold move, but it remains to be seen if it will pay off or if it will lead to a catastrophic collapse.
This was my draft

QB: Kirk Cousins
WR: Tee Higgins
WR:Tyler Lockett
RB: Saquon Barkley
RB: Tony Pollard
TE: George Kittle
W/R/T: Brandon Aiyuk
K: Nick Folk
Def: Phil

BN: WR: Christian Kirk
BN: RB: Raheem Mostert
BN: QB: Brock Purdy
BN: WR: Zay Jones
BN: RB: Ezekiel Elliott
BN: WR: Allen Lazard
BN: RB: Elijah Mitchell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

naednek wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:15 am somebody hold me Apparently yahoo uses chatgpt to grade your draft.
Recap

Draft Results
In a stunning display of draft ineptitude, the BayAreaBrawlers managed to secure an impressive F grade in the Fantasy Football Masters draft. With a projected record of 1-13-0 and a projected finish in 10th place, it's safe to say that this team is destined for a season of disappointment. Their projected points of 1858 might as well be a punchline, considering the team's lackluster performance in the draft.

While some may argue that the BayAreaBrawlers had a glimmer of hope with their best pick, Tee Higgins, drafted at 26th overall (ADP 32), it's overshadowed by their worst pick, Kirk Cousins, selected at a shocking 66th overall (ADP 117). It's clear that the team's draft strategy was as consistent as a broken record, as they managed to draft not one, not two, but four players from the same team. It's a bold move, but it remains to be seen if it will pay off or if it will lead to a catastrophic collapse.
Rest easy, I think Yahoo gave me a D last year in this league, and I finished with the best record and most points scored in the league.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I won a game by 0.01 points this week. Thats gotta be the closest win I’ve ever had.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Week 3 so far...

LOOK AT ME NOW CHATGPT

Enlarge Image

naednek wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:15 am somebody hold me Apparently yahoo uses chatgpt to grade your draft.
Recap

Draft Results

This was my draft

QB: Kirk Cousins
WR: Tee Higgins
WR:Tyler Lockett
RB: Saquon Barkley
RB: Tony Pollard
TE: George Kittle
W/R/T: Brandon Aiyuk
K: Nick Folk
Def: Phil

BN: WR: Christian Kirk
BN: RB: Raheem Mostert
BN: QB: Brock Purdy
BN: WR: Zay Jones
BN: RB: Ezekiel Elliott
BN: WR: Allen Lazard
BN: RB: Elijah Mitchell
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

This has been an abysmal season for my fantasy teams.

In the OO league I don't think I ever had a chance. Another league I'm in I have the 4th highest scoring team in the league but far and away the worst points against total. Not only did I miss the playoffs there, I missed the playoffs by 3 games!

But the absolute worst is a league that I've been in for about 15 years. I was first place all season long and had a 2-game lead with 4 games to go. I promptly lost 3 games in a row, and even though I won this week the team that was tied with me in the standings outscored me by 40 points and took 2nd place from me. So now I don't even have a bye to try and get healthy a bit.

Injured players on that team:
Justin Jefferson
Rhamondre Stevenson
Jonathan Taylor
Jerome Ford

Oh, and my QB's are Goff and Dobbs. Goff has had some good games early in the season, but he's been a turnover machine the past month or so. And nobody on the waiver wire I can go out and grab.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The OO league, my team stinks but somehow managed to win the division giving me the 2nd seed (8-5-1 but low points scored). I am happy to snatch the division from Dogstar's grasp...I need that BYE

Another league, my team stunk but manged to somehow grab the 2nd seed (9-4-1 but low points scored).

The one league where my team was strong and I finished as the #2 scoring team in the league, I missed the playoffs at 7-7. In fact the 3 highest scoring teams (by a lot over the other teams in the league), ALL missed the playoffs!!! Talk about unfortunate game schedules...

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I mean look at the Alpha Division, it's opposite of what should have happened! (My team is the Hellfire)

Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

msteelers wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:37 am This has been an abysmal season for my fantasy teams.

In the OO league I don't think I ever had a chance. Another league I'm in I have the 4th highest scoring team in the league but far and away the worst points against total. Not only did I miss the playoffs there, I missed the playoffs by 3 games!

But the absolute worst is a league that I've been in for about 15 years. I was first place all season long and had a 2-game lead with 4 games to go. I promptly lost 3 games in a row, and even though I won this week the team that was tied with me in the standings outscored me by 40 points and took 2nd place from me. So now I don't even have a bye to try and get healthy a bit.

Injured players on that team:
Justin Jefferson
Rhamondre Stevenson
Jonathan Taylor
Jerome Ford

Oh, and my QB's are Goff and Dobbs. Goff has had some good games early in the season, but he's been a turnover machine the past month or so. And nobody on the waiver wire I can go out and grab.
Yahoo's AI had me at dead last. The first part of the season I had a nice lead in first, then flirted with the middle, now back in 2nd.

Select Purdy as my backup has paid off.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

msteelers wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:37 am In the OO league I don't think I ever had a chance.
Bite me. :P I have 80 more PA, most in the league.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:52 am
msteelers wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:37 am In the OO league I don't think I ever had a chance.
Bite me. :P I have 80 more PA, most in the league.
We can be miserable together. Last place teams unite!
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Missed the playoffs by 4 points.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Missed the playoff by miles. Usually I can place in the middle of the pack. Sometimes a little better, sometimes a little worse. I'm in the basement in both of my leagues. My excited by regular football than this game. Oh well.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Well. Shit.

The Yahoo FF App apparently screwed me over by not swapping out my WR, so Amari is in my lineup instead of Demarcus Robinson. Amari is out with a concussion tonight. Dammit, that is what I get for not checking my lineup before the game.
*&*$^#%$!!

Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Baroquen wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:22 am Missed the playoff by miles. Usually I can place in the middle of the pack. Sometimes a little better, sometimes a little worse. I'm in the basement in both of my leagues. My excited by regular football than this game. Oh well.
This is the last time we shall speak of "FF2023". My season went down the shitter when Cousins died. One week I still managed the second highest score of the season. I lost. Several of my loses were due to listening to "expert" picks on DST -- I had a choice of two, and invariably I picked the wrong one. The way scoring is in our league, DST can have a massive effect, ranging from 0 - 70+.

The results should not be surprising, though. I had 2 Bears players on the team, which was one too many. DJ Moore was inconsistent thanks to QB suckage, Cairo Santos was my last round pick as #2 kicker but wound up starting most of the season because he was awesome.
Black Lives Matter