Favorite Christmas songs

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

em2nought

Re: Favorite Christmas songs

Post by em2nought »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:24 am My absolute favorite Christmas song of all time is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." And not the upbeat "hang a shining star" bullshit Frank Sinatra version either. I mean the depressing Judy Garland version colored with a small child's tears. My favorite Christmas songs are the ones with a touch of melancholy.
The fates didn't allow. I can't even listen to this one without falling to pieces. Maybe it's therapeutic. :csmile:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:24 am My absolute favorite Christmas song of all time is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." And not the upbeat "hang a shining star" bullshit Frank Sinatra version either. I mean the depressing Judy Garland version colored with a small child's tears. My favorite Christmas songs are the ones with a touch of melancholy.
QFT.

My favorite Christmas Albums are The Bells of Dublin by the Chieftans, et al. and the classic Charlie Brown Christmas Album by Vince Guaraldi.

Favorite individual songs about Christmas? Hm.

The aforementioned "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt (and nobody else!!!)

White Christmas by Bing. Really don't like the movie, though. I'm a bigger fan of Holiday Inn (even with the problematic blackface number.)

Snoopy's Christmas by the Royal Guardsmen

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town by Bruce Springsteen

That's off the top of my head.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Father Christmas - The Kinks. Many orders of magnitude above the rest of my list.
I Believe in Father Christmas (I like to think it's the same one the Kinks sing to) by Greg Lake
Merry Christmas ((I don't want to fight tonight) by The Ramones
Silent Night by The Dickies
A Christmas Song by Jethro Tull
Merry Merry Christmas - Koko Taylor
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

God rest you merry OOers,
let nothing you say dismay,
remember all were born like this on your very own birthday..........
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:06 pm Father Christmas - The Kinks. Many orders of magnitude above the rest of my list.
That's a good one.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:06 pm I Believe in Father Christmas (I like to think it's the same one the Kinks sing to) by Greg Lake
They played this on the radio today (they did a few days ago too). The DJ mentioned that Greg Lake did not consider this to be an Xmas song, but was about consumerism. Whatever, I still only play it this time of year.

Before he died, Greg Lake recorded it in a church with Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull.
Black Lives Matter
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Post by Default »

There's a 13 song playlist.

"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken