[Film] Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Re: [Film] Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Post by stessier »

I liked the other ones so I'll definitely watch this one.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

This series is great.

For some odd reason at work several years ago a couple of my co-workers and I got to talking about the originals (60s ones) and decided to sneak off to an empty conference room and watch the first one during lunch. We had so much fun that we extended it to the entire series. We got some strange looks but it made for a fun series of lunch breaks.

I'll probably do a rewatch of the reboot franchise before this one.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

The original movies are fun in their own way, and it's also fun to compare them with the new movies, and see that the new movies use similar story beats, only now more fully realized.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I'd forgotten about that, and honestly I'm surprised an official musical version hasn't already been done.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Someone call Lin-Manuel Miranda!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

YellowKing wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:15 am This series is great.

For some odd reason at work several years ago a couple of my co-workers and I got to talking about the originals (60s ones) and decided to sneak off to an empty conference room and watch the first one during lunch. We had so much fun that we extended it to the entire series. We got some strange looks but it made for a fun series of lunch breaks.

I'll probably do a rewatch of the reboot franchise before this one.
When I was about 5 years old the Maumee Indoor showed all 5 of the original movies in a row. It was epic!

I'd seen all of them on TV but it blew my little mind to see them all in a row on the big screen. I went with my Dad in the morning and then my Mom brought McDonald's for us in the afternoon when she got out of work.

It was crazy going in to the theater in the daylight and coming out to full darkness.

The Indoor usually charged $1 a ticket but I think they bumped it up to $3 for this film festival.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:59 pm Someone call Lin-Manuel Miranda!
+1
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

When I was 10 years old, I spent a week in the hospital One of the original Charlton Heston movies (Return?) played on TV while I was there, the series was much talked about but that was my first exposure and I rather liked it. I think I've seen all of them over the years.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Z-Corn wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:36 pm When I was about 5 years old the Maumee Indoor showed all 5 of the original movies in a row. It was epic!
Too bad Zaxxon no longer lives within easy driving distance...this was the sort of thing he used to do with other serieses.
Black Lives Matter
disarm

Post by disarm »

Jeff V wrote:
Z-Corn wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:36 pm When I was about 5 years old the Maumee Indoor showed all 5 of the original movies in a row. It was epic!
Too bad Zaxxon no longer lives within easy driving distance...this was the sort of thing he used to do with other serieses.
If we weren't spread so far across the country, I would totally be down for PotA marathon. Our Star Wars and LotR marathons were a great time.

I think it was around 20 years ago that one of the cable channels was doing a marathon of the original Planet of the Apes series and I watched them all spread over a couple days. I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed them and how well the series worked when watched closely together.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I've seen the original PotA a few times but haven't watched any of the sequels since seeing them in the theater on their first run. I remember them being progressively worse. I do like the reboots, though.