Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kraken

Re: [FX] What We Do in the Shadows

Post by Kraken »

That was an especially fun episode.
JCC

Post by JCC »

So, I watched the entire series in the last 7 days. Love it. Agree that S3 was the "weakest" season and that S4 (so far) has been much better.

Like many, I signed on for Matt Berry but love the whole cast. Still fuming that I can't watch Toast of Hollywood.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
JCC

Post by JCC »

Funny story. I stumbled across the first ep of Toast of Tinseltown. It's on a very obscure website that shows videos. It's owned by a company that rhymes with "poodle". The web site name rhymes with "Poo Lube". Anyway, very amusingly, I am half way through the episode and Kayvan Novak is in it!
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Wait until you get to Natasia Demetriou‘s character in Toast of Tinseltown. Specifically the song and dance number I posted a link to earlier in this thread. She is a comedy queen.
He won. Period.
JCC

Post by JCC »

(Derailing continued...)

Finished Toast of Tinseltown. Enjoyed it very much, but probably my least favorite Toast season. And yes, Natasia's character was very funny.
Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's even more surreal than the English set series. I have to admit that I prefer Toast of London as well. Also, I have trouble figuring out whether or not I like Fred Armistan when he shows up in anything.

However, the entire episode set in the wild west was so damn weird that I eventually found myself enjoying it.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've been playing Ark with my son a lot lately. It never fails that we'll be walking through our base past a dodo and I hear the telltale "Pffft." Thanks to this show, I've now gotten a lot of mileage out of "Guillermo, da dodo did a doo doo!" I think my son's getting tired of the joke.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
JCC

Post by JCC »

Just watched the most recent episode. Still loving this season! Poor Guillermo! haha
Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It started off weak with an annoying celebrity stunt casting skit (I love Jarmusch, but come on), but it rapidly made up for it with some great laughs.
Spoiler:
Nadja yelling “Your bullies aren’t doing a good enough job!” made me laugh out loud. And the clown? Just great. :lol:
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:56 pm It started off weak with an annoying celebrity stunt casting skit (I love Jarmusch, but come on), but it rapidly made up for it with some great laughs.
Spoiler:
Nadja yelling “Your bullies aren’t doing a good enough job!” made me laugh out loud. And the clown? Just great. :lol:
The Celebrity Menu took care of it rather effectively though... :lol:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I am just not a fan of celebrity stunt casting. I think it stems from my younger years when studios would force musicians into tv shows when they had a new album coming out, and similar crap. It always took me out of the show.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I have it on good authority KISS will be on the season finale.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I have it on good authority that there's going to be a crossover episode with Fear the Walking Dead. However, I'm not too upset about that as there are no actors or celebrities on that show.
He won. Period.
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

hepcat wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:16 pm I have it on good authority that there's going to be a crossover episode with Fear the Walking Dead. However, I'm not too upset about that as there are no actors or celebrities on that show.
lol
No sig, must scream, etc.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

New season is pretty good so far. The vamps discovering a mall is as fun as it sounds. And the Nadja doll never disappoints.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

New season?

This brings me joy.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Thanks for the heads-up. I haven’t checked my YTTV shows in months and wondered why I keep paying them the big bucks every month while watching mostly Tubi.

Now bring back Resident Alien, too.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm glad they brought Kristen Schaal on as a full cast member. As great as Natasia Demetriou is (and make no mistake, she's friggin' great), she was outnumbered by the men and needed a female foil to round out things.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Okay, about damn time…

Spoiler:
An Energy Vampiric Council was a long time coming….but gloriously hilarious when it arrived.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Officially ending after season six:
In yet another frustrating reminder that it’s a good idea to value the things you love while you have them, because you never know when they will be cruelly taken away from you, vampire comedy What We Do In The Shadows will be coming to an end after its upcoming sixth season. That comes from Vulture, which says the news came straight from “an FX source”—though the network, which has aired the series since it began in 2019—has yet to make an official announcement.

That, notably, means we don’t know if this was an FX decision or a mutual agreement between the network and series creator Jemaine Clement. Either way, Vulture says production is supposed to begin in January, so that hopefully gives What We Do In The Shadows plenty of time to construct a satisfying final season and not one of those stupid tossed-off final season that most shows get.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Sad, but six years is a good long run these days.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Kraken wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:35 pm Sad, but six years is a good long run these days.
But definitely not long enough for tjis show.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

No!
Dammit!
Please?
*sigh*
Fine.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Can we just use this cancellation as an opportunity for a Jackie Daytona spin-off? Pretty please???
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Or jump 100 years in the future and have a show about the supreme Archbaron, Master of all Undead, Lord de la Cruz.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Honestly, I’m surprised it lasted this long. Matt Berry seems to like shorter runs, for one thing. I never thought he’d stick it out for more than 3 seasons.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I didn't want to say it with the news, but I am also surprised it lasted this long. Not because I think quality has changed (it's still hilarious), it just seems like a show that might have higher production costs (costumes / makeup) and a smaller audience.

I'm glad they're getting an official last season regardless - that they know it's happening. I'm confident they're going to end it on a high note.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Spoiler
Spoiler:
Guillermo accidentally opens the door while everyone is in the entrance during the day.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If it doesn’t end with Bob Newhart waking up next to a Suzanne Pleshette lookalike, then the show has failed.
He won. Period.