Solo roleplaying

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Buatha

Re: Solo roleplaying

Post by Buatha »

Multiple solo-type games involving card draws from a regular 52-card deck and/or dice rolls. Four games are currently 50% off.

My favorites of the bunch:

Wandering Souls
Dungeon Dive had a playthrough.

Glide
And, no...it's not a lube.
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:15 pm I would highly (seriously, highly) recommend you go read up on 1000 Year Old Vampire. There's a link in the page to his itch.io page where you can get a free community copy of the PDF - every time someone buys a copy of the book, he generates free PDFS for those that need them. Since I purchased a hard copy, know that when you take a free one it's from me. :wink:
I played that for 15 turns, kinda lost interest in it.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Anyone still looking into this, BundleofHolding's Novel Writing Game Tools 2023 has a couple of the solo RPGs... Pay $10 for 5, or pay $20.37 for extra stuff.

Though I suspect if you paid for Ukraine Relief giant bundle last year on Itch.io, you'll want to look in there, should be quite a few of those in there.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Received my copy of 2D6 Dungeons laye last week.
I think I understand the overall game but I'm constantly rereading the rules for each step.
I made the entrance. Then 2 doll rooms back to back going west and ending in a storage room with mo exits which was perfect because it was large and brought me to the border on the eest anyway.
Storage room also had one guard which I killed in 1 shot but mot positive i did ot correctly.
If anyone has this game I have 2 questions.

1. Shift. With that, I can add as many shifts as i have to as many dice as want correct? Do if i roll a 2 and 5i can make ot 4 and 5 or 1 and 6 right?
1A. Is this per round of combat or once per combat?
1B. If its once oer round, do they reset on the next round?

2. Armor defense. Do you count the defense based on the rolled attack dice or the ginal mumber you get after a shift? I "think" it's after shift but mot positive.
Ex. I rolled a 3 snd 5. I need 4 and 6. I use 2 shift to change it to what I need.
Armor needs a 5 on secondary dice. Does this mean that because i shifted ot to 6 the armor doesnt work ir was i supposed to use the original dice?
If I was supposed to use the original roll then i messed up and meed to redo thst combat (or chalk it up to an opps and move on).

On a side note ot took me about 30 minutes to make 3 rooms and do one combat because i had to keep reading things over and over. I'm still going to keep goung as long as i remember to and might even try posting a small journal type thing of my journey in case anyone is interedsted in my insane writing.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Humblebundle bundle of an assortment of solo RPG stuff.
Not sure if there's much/anything of real worth here, but maybe someone will like this.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/solo ... bookbundle