Quest 2 and 3 power question.

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Punisher

Quest 2 and 3 power question.

Post by Punisher »

I normally use my Quests while plugged intovla powered USB hub.
My quests both still drain the battery ehile doing this and I don't get much extra time.
I realize that there is much to do when not wired and even using a power bank seems to drain the quests faster then the batteries can charge them.
Questions.
1. For both the Q2 and Q3, is there any wired setup that will provide me with near 100% charging speed so that I get practically unlimited use?

2. Same question but when they are portable with a battery of some short.

Thanks.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Re: Quest 2 and 3 power question.

Post by Blackhawk »

I use a portable power bank on my Quest 2 (it's strapped to the strap), and my battery stays at max for 10+ hours, regardless of what I'm doing with it. I haven't actually had it wired to the PC during use since I got it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Odd. Do you have a link to the specific bank you use? I've tried a few and don't get close to that.
I could be wrong but the searching I did seemed to indicate that nothing has output equal or greater than the input needed but my search was far from complete.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:02 am Odd. Do you have a link to the specific bank you use? I've tried a few and don't get close to that.
I could be wrong but the searching I did seemed to indicate that nothing has output equal or greater than the input needed but my search was far from complete.
I use this one. It is mounted and wired with this (and I use this strap.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)