[Mobile] Monster Hunter Now (Pokemon Go-like)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

[Mobile] Monster Hunter Now (Pokemon Go-like)

Post by coopasonic »

https://monsterhunternow.com/

It officially releases tomorrow, but is letting me play today. It is Monster Hunter VERY light. It seems kind of cool with active combat and wandering around for crafting materials and different monsters.
Last edited by coopasonic on Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Re: [Mobile] Monster Hunter Now (Pokemon Go-like)

Post by coopasonic »

Quick update. I deleted it this morning. I really enjoyed the gameplay from a casual/mobile perspective, but it was murdering my battery and was a bit distracting. You might recall I can be somewhat of an obsessive gamer and a game like this plays right into that weakness so it had to go.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I downloaded this yesterday but I’m not sure how seriously I’ll play. It’s still too hot here for me to want to walk around much.

It seems fun but not suited for playing on bathroom breaks at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

After playing for the last few days this game is a lot of fun. I think it’s meant to be played in short bursts, which is fine with me.

2970 1751 9281 is my friend code.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:55 am Quick update. I deleted it this morning. I really enjoyed the gameplay from a casual/mobile perspective, but it was murdering my battery and was a bit distracting. You might recall I can be somewhat of an obsessive gamer and a game like this plays right into that weakness so it had to go.

Too bad. A good activity for my phone would be nice but battery murdering is not good for my iPhone 7 (with a six month old battery) which already is battery murdering for me all too often checking in on my step count, which one would think should be nothing.

Maybe I grab it anyway. *shrug* I been thinking about dropping the bucks for a new phone soon anyway.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

So it’s similar to Pokémon Go but also quite different. Dodging in battles with big monsters is important. To play your best you have to pay attention but generally for no more than 30 at a time.

You can pretty much craft a lot of gear (weapons and armor) and there’s a bit of strategy of matching your weapons strengths to the weaknesses of the monsters you fight.

I haven’t noticed much battery drain on my year old IPhone 13. But I really play for a few minutes at a time several times a day.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

A few days later and it’s still fun. I’m able to always do the daily quests and I’m progressing the story and unlocking new monsters fairly frequently.

No need to spend anything, but again, I’m only spending a few minutes playing several times a day.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest