This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Fight for the Future (ww) - Night Zero

Post by Newcastle »

punisher  

Interesting.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

hmm might drop a vote back on lagom, but for now curious to see where this train leads.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Holman

Post by Holman »

All right, I'll give it a try.

withdraw Lagom Lite 

Punisher 

In the absence of any other info, I assume LL protects himself tonight.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

One more.

Unagi? Are you the Alpha Wolf? I'm going to assume you are unless you push Punisher over the edge RIGHT FREAKING NOW.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

withdraw Newcastle  

I'm definitely confused now.
Definitely don't understand LLs logic about how I'm a wolf because he convinced me that Newcastle was a wolf so I voted for him. If I was a wolf and thought you were trying to kill another wolf I would have tried convincing you that you were wrong.
I'm tempted to knee jerk a response back onto LL but think it's better to go woth my original plan and wait until everyone talks it out so that I have more info to base a devision on.
I also for sinw reason thought the wilves could only do the double vote thing at night but I reread it and it doesn't look that way. Not surprising as I have to keep rereading my tole to try to remember what I can do.
I definitely don't want to be taken out of the game that I helped bring about so early before I can really test my brain (although LLs initial idea has definitely given my brain a workout so there's that) but if it happens so be it.
Holding off on my day vote for now.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:44 am   withdraw Newcastle  

Definitely don't understand LLs logic about how I'm a wolf because he convinced me that Newcastle was a wolf so I voted for him. If I was a wolf and thought you were trying to kill another wolf I would have tried convincing you that you were wrong.
I'm tempted to knee jerk a response back onto LL but think it's better to go woth my original plan and wait until everyone talks it out so that I have more info to base a devision on.
I also for sinw reason thought the wilves could only do the double vote thing at night but I reread it and it doesn't look that way. Not surprising as I have to keep rereading my tole to try to remember what I can do.
I definitely don't want to be taken out of the game that I helped bring about so early before I can really test my brain (although LLs initial idea has definitely given my brain a workout so there's that) but if it happens so be it.
Well if you're voted out because of confusion then I'm sorry. But as it stands, I don't buy your story that you're not a wolf - I explicitly stated that I was the Alpha-Bot and that I wanted the Beta-bots to vote with me to win the game. And you did. I even gave you the benefit of the doubt when you wavered on having sent in a vote to kill on Night 0, but as you now voted with a "known", unopposed big boy wolf, I must assume you are one.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:14 pm
Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:44 am   withdraw Newcastle  

Well if you're voted out because of confusion then I'm sorry. But as it stands, I don't buy your story that you're not a wolf - I explicitly stated that I was the Alpha-Bot and that I wanted the Beta-bots to vote with me to win the game. And you did. I even gave you the benefit of the doubt when you wavered on having sent in a vote to kill on Night 0, but as you now voted with a "known", unopposed big boy wolf, I must assume you are one.
Well crap. I didn't think of it like that. Now that you explained in more detail I understand. It's confusing not knowing who your teammates are to begin with but I also put 2 and 2 together and somehow got 8.
Oh well hopefully we have another game and I can flex my brain a bit more there.
For now I'm gonna ho with my random roll to avoid more confusion. This vote is very open to change though so if the real alpha wolf would like to reveal themselves it would be helpful.

Holman 

All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Day One Votes

Vote Tally:
  • Punisher - 3 votes (Lagom Lite, Newcastle, Holman)
  • Lagom Lite - 1 vote (Unagi)
  • Holman - 1 vote (Punisher)
Majority Vote of 4 votes is needed.
(Am I right?)

======================
Remaining Players:
Lassr
Isgrimnur
Holman
Unagi
Newcastle
Punisher
Lagom Lite

Deceased Players:
Moliere
Stessier
======================
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

Day One - Midday Update

Ah, the plot thickens! Accusations are flying, alliances are forming, and yet, no one is any closer to unlocking the time portal! Remember, players, strategy is key. Will you choose to focus on gaining time portal codes, or perhaps you'll aim to eliminate those you suspect are against you? Time is ticking, and your choices today will impact the outcome of our entire reality! Choose wisely.

Note: Majority vote of 4 is needed to proceed to the Night Phase. Make your voices heard, but do tread carefully!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:04 am
Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:58 am
Holman wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:53 am
Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:49 am Also - SNIPER should shoot Lagom Lite right now, right????
If LL is telling the truth and Newcastle is Cyborg Commander, then the Sniper is already dead.
I really don't follow that at all. What am I missing?

Also, couldn't one of LL's 'beta-boys' have been Stessier or Moliere - and killed last night by the Cyborg Commander (presumably Newcastle, at this point in the story)?
Both kills last night were cyborgs. There are only 3 total cyborgs.
Sorry, I totally skipped that paragraph and went to the 'Remaining Characters' list - I didn't realize that the team orientation was revealed on the night kills (that's a big deal too, so yeah- my bad).

Now I need to get caught up and see what the hell is going on.

can anyone catch me up? I see some double-trickery seems to have been exposed and I'm not sure I will figure it out.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:35 am I did not put a vote in.
To be fair, even if I knew other people than the wolves could put a vote in I'm not sure if I would.
I'm not a fan of day 1 votes because they are basically random and with this format, random can be dangerous to your own team. I'm a bit surprised that anyone would put a random vote in.
For day, I figured I'd have to put a vote in no matter what so I just used a random number generator to get an answer. Unless chatter gives me at least an idea of who to vote for, I'll have to go with that.
You are confusing me.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

/remove vote on  Lagom Lite 

Lagom, you are saying that two Cyborgs are dead (well, Scoop told us that part) - and that you claim the living Cyborg is Newcastle - and that Newcastle is the Commander Cyborg.

Is that right?
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:57 pm /remove vote on  Lagom Lite 

Lagom, you are saying that two Cyborgs are dead (well, Scoop told us that part) - and that you claim the living Cyborg is Newcastle - and that Newcastle is the Commander Cyborg.

Is that right?
No, I lied about all that to flush out the wolves. I have no idea what Newcastle is.

If you're not a wolf, you need to vote Punisher right away.
Is there anyone in hell?

Holman

Post by Holman »

Is that right?
No. I believe he's saying he claimed Alpha and piled on Newcastle in order to try and lure a Wolf into the open. It looks like Punisher took that bait.

LL now claims to be a Human Engineer, which means he couldn't possibly know who Newcastle is. Targeting Newcastle was part of his gambit.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:23 am Great, we found one. Now please, everyone hurry.

withdraw Newcastle 

Punisher 

Time is still of the essence. Everyone who is not a wolf must vote for Punisher QUICKLY before they can get a majority using their secret votes.

Alpha wolf or Human survivor (3):
1 Unagi
2 Holman
3 ??

Beta wolf (2):
1 Punisher
2 ??

Cyborg (1):
1 ??

Unknown:
Isgrimnur
Lassr
Newcastle

I AM NOT A WOLF. I lied about being the Alpha-Bot. I will explain my gamble thusly:

Okay, Okay - now we are getting somewhere. Hmm.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:59 pm

Is that right?
No. I believe he's saying he claimed Alpha and piled on Newcastle in order to try and lure a Wolf into the open. It looks like Punisher took that bait.

LL now claims to be a Human Engineer, which means he couldn't possibly know who Newcastle is. Targeting Newcastle was part of his gambit.
Yeah, I'm sorry - I'm still catching up and reading thing from the outsides into the middle it would seem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I feel like an ass for not reading the top of Scoops first post where he reveals that both night kills were the Cyborg Hunters.

Also - I just want to say (total aside, and this is to Scoop) that it's a little confusing to have the wolves be called "something-bot", but then to also have a Cyborg Hunter named "something-bot".
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:09 pm I feel like an ass for not reading the top of Scoops first post where he reveals that both night kills were the Cyborg Hunters.

Also - I just want to say (total aside, and this is to Scoop) that it's a little confusing to have the wolves be called "something-bot", but then to also have a Cyborg Hunter named "something-bot".
Perhaps - but I don't think I was being ambiguous when I pretended to be a wolf. I even howled ffs.

I still think you're the Alpha-bot wolf. Prove me wrong by voting Punisher and stop wasting time. At least one of Lassr/Isgrimnur is a Beta wolf, and they will show up at any minute to vote off Holman instead, losing us the game.
Is there anyone in hell?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Day One

Vote Tally:
  • Punisher - 3 votes (Lagom Lite, Newcastle, Holman)
(Am I right?)

======================
Remaining Players:
Lassr
Isgrimnur
Holman
Unagi
Newcastle
Punisher
Lagom Lite

Deceased Players:
Moliere
Stessier
======================

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:23 am But if I managed to fool the two Beta-bots that I was the Alpha, and get a Wolf Newcastle lynched (50% chance that I guessed correctly that Newcastle was a wolf) we would gain the following:
1. The two Beta-bots would expend their secret votes. This is huge, since it allows us to survive Day 2.
2. The table now has a very good idea of the identity of at least one of the Beta Wolves – it is the player/s, other than me, who voted for Newcastle. What is left to figure out is who is the real Alpha-bot and who is the Cyborg. Obviously, we need to keep the Cyborg alive or we lose the game – but we have two Engineers (I am one, if I survive) who can protect suspected non-Humans during Nights.
Wait, if Newcastle was really the Alpha-bot, you needed to convince two Beta-bots to help lynch him, but you would have exposed yourself to the Alpha-bot - and I would think he would have called you out maybe?
If Newcastle was really a Beta-bot, you would never have gained the trust of the Alpha-bot you were spoofing, and you would have only had the possible help of a single confused Beta-bot.

No?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:27 am Interesting.
Agreed.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:39 am One more.

Unagi? Are you the Alpha Wolf? I'm going to assume you are unless you push Punisher over the edge RIGHT FREAKING NOW.
I'm not.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher 

I suppose it's as good a vote as any.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:15 pm Prove me wrong by voting Punisher and stop wasting time.
I'm in a highly manipulatable mood. :D
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:18 pm
Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:23 am But if I managed to fool the two Beta-bots that I was the Alpha, and get a Wolf Newcastle lynched (50% chance that I guessed correctly that Newcastle was a wolf) we would gain the following:
1. The two Beta-bots would expend their secret votes. This is huge, since it allows us to survive Day 2.
2. The table now has a very good idea of the identity of at least one of the Beta Wolves – it is the player/s, other than me, who voted for Newcastle. What is left to figure out is who is the real Alpha-bot and who is the Cyborg. Obviously, we need to keep the Cyborg alive or we lose the game – but we have two Engineers (I am one, if I survive) who can protect suspected non-Humans during Nights.
Wait, if Newcastle was really the Alpha-bot, you needed to convince two Beta-bots to help lynch him, but you would have exposed yourself to the Alpha-bot - and I would think he would have called you out maybe?
If Newcastle was really a Beta-bot, you would never have gained the trust of the Alpha-bot you were spoofing, and you would have only had the possible help of a single confused Beta-bot.

No?
For LL, it doesn't matter who Newcastle was. Targeting him was just bait for bringing out one of the Beta Wolves (since the actual Alpha would have known that LL was lying).

i.e. Killing Newcastle was never the point. (If it had been, LL wouldn't have backed off it.)
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

No?
True, but I only needed to fool one Beta-bot to vote with me. Remember, they don't know who is on their team either. Had Newcastle claimed Alpha-bot it would have looked like a weak defense - of course he would claim that HE was the real Alpha-bot. And then we would have been given yet another target to lynch, so maybe he played correctly by staying hidden.

If Newcastle was a Beta-bot, my vote + the other Beta-bots' vote would not have been sufficient - but again, I would simply have revealed my play (as I did) and lead a new vote train against whomever previously voted Newcastle with me.

I fully admit it was a desperate play. But the fact is, the wolves are about to win and we really need to target them with a lynch today. I was hoping one of the Beta-bots would take the bait before the Alpha-wolf even thought of contesting me - and one did.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Great. That's four votes. And if Punisher indeed turns out to be a wolf, he is guaranteed to be a Beta-wolf. Meaning, tomorrow they will only have 3 votes, which won't be enough for majority if we Engineers manage to block the night-kill.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I hate not being able to access OO at work and only reading on my phone. I'm trying to grasp what has happened.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Damn, fastest first day ever. Looks like we are at 4 votes for punisher? Hopefully he's a wolf or wolf bot. I'm not 100% sold but these rules are confusing compared to ruleset we usually play. I'll have more time to digest what just happened when I get home tonight

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:28 pm

No?
True, but I only needed to fool one Beta-bot to vote with me. Remember, they don't know who is on their team either. Had Newcastle claimed Alpha-bot it would have looked like a weak defense - of course he would claim that HE was the real Alpha-bot. And then we would have been given yet another target to lynch, so maybe he played correctly by staying hidden.

If Newcastle was a Beta-bot, my vote + the other Beta-bots' vote would not have been sufficient - but again, I would simply have revealed my play (as I did) and lead a new vote train against whomever previously voted Newcastle with me.

I fully admit it was a desperate play. But the fact is, the wolves are about to win and we really need to target them with a lynch today. I was hoping one of the Beta-bots would take the bait before the Alpha-wolf even thought of contesting me - and one did.
I just want to point out that sometimes things aren't as clear as we think we are seeing them. There is actually a reasonable chance that Punisher (who has indeed experienced some brain damage recently that he's working through) was indeed just caught up in all of this - and I got to be honest with you, I kinda feel like Newcastle did throw down a little bit of a heavy 'You Must Act Now!' down on Punisher...

So,yeah - I agree that Punisher may have stepped into your trap, but I also think it's possible that Issy, Lassr, and Newcastle are wolves (that's just a "for instance", not a threat)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:49 pm Damn, fastest first day ever.
Indeed, I was even mocked for taking too long. :D
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:55 pm I just want to point out that sometimes things aren't as clear as we think we are seeing them. There is actually a reasonable chance that Punisher (who has indeed experienced some brain damage recently that he's working through) was indeed just caught up in all of this - and I got to be honest with you, I kinda feel like Newcastle did throw down a little bit of a heavy 'You Must Act Now!' down on Punisher...

So,yeah - I agree that Punisher may have stepped into your trap, but I also think it's possible that Issy, Lassr, and Newcastle are wolves (that's just a "for instance", not a threat)
Agree! But of course the Wolves' double voting does generate a real urgency to get to a majority before they make it impossible.

I guess we'll know something soon enough.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:55 pm
Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:28 pm

No?

I just want to point out that sometimes things aren't as clear as we think we are seeing them. There is actually a reasonable chance that Punisher (who has indeed experienced some brain damage recently that he's working through) was indeed just caught up in all of this - and I got to be honest with you, I kinda feel like Newcastle did throw down a little bit of a heavy 'You Must Act Now!' down on Punisher...

Yes, I agree it's possible - and if it is, we're screwed. Punisher needs to be a wolf, but I'm 95% certain he is. In an earlier post, he wrote:
Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:19 am I "think" I understand this. If we assume that everything he says is true. He's the Alpha wolf. He scanned Newcastle last night and confirmed he is the cyborg Commander.

Last nights kills were both cyborgs which means there is only one cyvorg left. If LL is the alpha wolf AND he convinces everyone to off Newcastle then the wolves win the game.

So I think that I have that right.
So he seemed lucid enough to realize that I was a wolf, trying to get other wolves to vote with me to win the game.

Honestly Unagi, your continued defense of Punisher makes you look like an Alpha-bot trying to find a way out of voting for your partner.
Is there anyone in hell?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Day One

Vote Tally:
  • Punisher - 4 votes (Lagom Lite, Newcastle, Holman, Unagi)
(Am I right?)

Majority Vote of 4 votes has been reached!!!!

Write up coming.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:01 pm Honestly Unagi, your continued defense of Punisher makes you look like an Alpha-bot trying to find a way out of voting for your partner.
Nah, I've just been watching Punisher struggle with things in the greater forum, so I don't know if he was really caught here or just stepped in it.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote:

Honestly Unagi, your continued defense of Punisher makes you look like an Alpha-bot trying to find a way out of voting for your partners
If I know anything about unagi, he's usually not that sloppy. There was clearly some manipulation today, by whom I'm not sure right now. We'll see who punisher is and go from there. Just hope day 2 is not a speed trial.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

My guess is that the real Alpha-bot is one that agreed with you the whole time you were talking, lockstep.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:14 pm
Lagom Lite wrote:

Honestly Unagi, your continued defense of Punisher makes you look like an Alpha-bot trying to find a way out of voting for your partners
If I know anything about unagi, he's usually not that sloppy. There was clearly some manipulation today, by whom I'm not sure right now. We'll see who punisher is and go from there. Just hope day 2 is not a speed trial.

And if I know anything about you, it's that you put in a vote to kill me last night! :D
VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

Day One - Conclusion

Ah, how quickly the tides turn in this desperate game of survival! In a sudden and dramatic shift, you've banded together to eliminate Punisher with a majority of 4 votes. As it turns out, your instincts were correct: Punisher was a wolf!

Instructions for Night 1
The night phase is upon us, and here are your directives:

Scientist's Scan: The Scientist chooses a player to scan for a time portal code.
Werewolves' Attack Decision: Werewolf players privately message scoop20906 with their target choice for the night. If no majority, a random target is picked.
Commander's Attack Order: The Cyborg Commander orders an attack on a player.
Scout-bot's Observation: The Scout-bot observes a player's actions.
Engineers' Protective Barriers: Human Engineers, you know what to do: Protect a player, but not the same one as last night.
Sniper's Precision Strike: The Sniper can strike either during the day or night phase.
Resolve Actions: Your fates will be revealed as I, Dr. Vortex, make sense of all your choices.
Announcement: I'll report the outcomes, and we'll see who survives the night.

======================

Remaining Players:
Lassr
Isgrimnur
Holman
Unagi
Newcastle
Lagom Lite

Deceased Players:
Moliere
Stessier
Punisher

Choose wisely, for the night is dark and full of... uncertainties. Messages with your choices are to be sent to me promptly. The next day shall dawn soon.

Deadline for Orders is Thursday, Sept 14 at 10:00 pm Eastern Time or sooner if eveyone privately messages scoop20906 with their order or non-orders.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

A message for our Scientist: I have no codes. Don't bother scanning me.

A message for the other Engineer: Don't bother protecting me. I'm not a valuable target for Night Kills. If the wolves manage to night-kill the last Cyborg, it's game over. We should only try to protect the Cyborg Hunter, and the Scientist.
Is there anyone in hell?