Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Defiant

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by Defiant »

Honestly, Democrats have (a significant number of) bad followers, too. How many Democrats are low turnout voters, or vote during Presidential years but not during off-year elections?

Like the saying goes, Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Defiant wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:19 am Honestly, Democrats have (a significant number of) bad followers, too. How many Democrats are low turnout voters, or vote during Presidential years but not during off-year elections?

Like the saying goes, Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line.
But whose line? Asking for my friend Mitch.
malchior

Post by malchior »

These are literally Putin's talking points.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I know we don't kink-shame, but what in the actual F is happening here?

Republicans for National Renewal is a conservative group that works with Marjorie Taylor Greene, Kari Lake, and Paul Gosar.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

As somone who stays away from the comment, Ray. I had to look and I'm disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting but it was more than what I read.
malchior

Post by malchior »

One year? It has felt like decades.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

If you could hear the derision in GOP voices when they say Nessel in this state. It's worse than when I say Paxton or Cox.

For those who don't want to sit through the youtube video, this is Michigan part

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/ar ... p-electors
stessier

Post by stessier »

This isn't strictly political, but I thought it could be useful here as it shares something in short supply - hope.

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

stessier wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:13 pm This isn't strictly political, but I thought it could be useful here as it shares something in short supply - hope.
I must be a lost case in terms of cynicism because I don't feel more hopeful after watching that. :P
Hell, I could barely follow it! (not the ideas, I got those, just the speed and volume at which it came at me)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:28 pm
stessier wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:13 pm This isn't strictly political, but I thought it could be useful here as it shares something in short supply - hope.
I must be a lost case in terms of cynicism because I don't feel more hopeful after watching that. :P
Hell, I could barely follow it! (not the ideas, I got those, just the speed and volume at which it came at me)
That's because you're old. I watch their vids at 1.75-2x, depending on the topic. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Let the verklempting commence.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Biden eyeing the mike after he spoke is my favorite part.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

As expected, conservative media is shocked - SHOCKED! - that a President would dare to speak ill of a member of the media in such an uncouth fashion. I mean, can you even begin to imagine what an egregious breach of etiquette that is? it is truly unlike anything we've ever seen before from that distinguished office.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hammer meet nail.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:

But as for the topic at hand, I wish he hadn’t done that. It’s difficult to defend him as being more statesman than Trump when this kind of thing happens. And it’s happened twice now in as many weeks. I understand he’s only human, but I think he has to be extra careful considering that the platform he ran on was 90 percent based on being more mature than Trump.

Edit: we’ll, looks like Biden actually called the reporter personally and apologized. That's far more than Trump would ever do. I don’t believe that ass has ever said he’s sorry in his life.
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Not throwing this out there as bothsoiderism or anything, just reminded of one of George W's best-ever quotes:

" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Have we ever seen a President attack and malign the free press like Joe Biden has??
Um... :?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:doh:
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

Ooh a charge for the upcoming Biden impeachment!

malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Good lord, that was hilarious. :lol:
Covfefe!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Yeah, I thought the SNL guy was good, but this was next level.
malchior

Post by malchior »

This is almost gen pop Pictures and Videos but dropping it here anyway. By the by the caption is wrong. The guy interviewed about the brawl did not explicitly pin it to steak running out. Apparently it was a dispute over the order steaks were being delivered. One guy ordered a well done steak. The interviewed man was second and order a rare steak. Naturally the rare steak came up first and the well-done guy freaked out.

I'm a little surprised this isn't a common occurrence to be honest. It is a golden corral after all.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:36 pm This is almost gen pop Pictures and Videos but dropping it here anyway.
The guy who started it might end up in gen pop.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:43 pm
malchior wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:36 pm This is almost gen pop Pictures and Videos but dropping it here anyway.
The guy who started it might end up in gen pop.
This was in Bensalem, PA. The aggressors easily could have slipped away across the border to the lawless wilds of Trenton, NJ and relative anonymity.
stessier

Post by stessier »

malchior wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:36 pm I'm a little surprised this isn't a common occurrence to be honest. It is a golden corral after all.
Don't besmirch Golden Corral. It does what it does pretty well.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You ain't gonna get any nouveau, amandine, thin crust, bottled water, sauteed city food. Food's brown, hot, and plenty of it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Where the tables are light and the chairs are even lighter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They weren't fighting because of steak. They were fighting because America. The steak was just the excuse.

Everybody's pissed. Constantly. Everybody seems a wink and a blink away from throwing a punch.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Black Friday brawls have been around longer than the current situation in America. We can be assholes to each other for reasons other than politics.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:26 pm Black Friday brawls have been around longer than the current situation in America. We can be assholes to each other for reasons other than politics.
No, I stand by that one. It's not politics. It's the divisiveness of the politics, the us-vs-them, it's the fear of the disease for some and the fear of the cure for the rest (another us-vs-them), it's inflation, it's income inequality, it's the rest of the economy, it's the climate, it's the jobs, it's the crippled supply lines and empty store shelves. It's social issues boiling over for one side, and the other side's surprising support of the worst of the old ways. It's conspiracy theories and state actors manipulating people on social media. I've lost track of the numbers of articles I've seen on the 'anger epidemic', articles about fights breaking out, about violence getting out of hand, about cashiers and stockers at grocery stores, and wait staff, and customer service having normally calm people explode in rage because of trivial things.

We are, as a society, seething with anger. We're thinking in terms of hatred of the the 'them.' And we are starting to crack. I think we're going to see a lot more sparks turn into explosions before it's done.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If assholes were a new phenomenon I might agree with you. But they’re not. Yes, our country is divided. But let’s not try to tie assholes who wanted steak and got pissed when they didn’t get steak to a political divide. My guess is that most of them never even thought about the political affiliation of the person they were about to jab with a fork. They just wanted that steak they were promised.

This was no January 6th. Just shitty people. And shitty people have always been with us.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I didn't say they were targeting each other because of those issues. I said that they were full of frustration and anger because of those issues. The steak was just the excuse for that one guy, and that one guy was apparently the excuse for the rest of the dining room.

And yes, he was an asshole. Was he before things got this way?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

malchior

Post by malchior »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:04 amI didn't say they were targeting each other because of those issues.
I think it is partially this + partially economics + partially COVID fatigue all wrapped together. People are angry to their core at everyone around them. 3 of 10 of the deadliest workplace shootings in the past 40 years happened last year with violence being the 3rd leading cause of workplace fatalities.

And they are starting to act out everywhere and then blaming other people for their own anger issues. It's getting very ugly. It is why I sense we are on the edge of something. Anecdotally, every time I go out now I see reckless behaviors that were once rare. People are running lights constantly. Driving on shoulders. And there is data backing that, road rages incidents surged to some of the highest levels on record in 2021 with a third featuring gun violence. We're dealing with a security crisis at my wife's job because of issues like this.

I agree that some of it is driven by people who are assholes but politics often reflects the mood of the people. And sometimes the politics are reflected into the people. We're seeing a darkness fester here. It seems to be getting worse and worse and our political system doesn't provide any solutions and mostly barriers to fixing problems.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I certainly see it in myself, as discussed in the 'staying sane in 20-whatever' thread. I'm far, far more irritable and snappy than I ever have been. I don't like it, and I'm taking steps to change it. It's why I commented a couple of days ago that, should Trump win again, I'll likely walk away from following politics. It's too harmful to myself and the people I care about.