NCAA Football 2021

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Pyperkub

Re: NCAA Football 2021

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:Holy shit, Bama. :shock:

If that Auburn RB had simply gone down in bounds, we’d be looking at a completely different playoff picture right now.
Bama is not the same team on the road.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Yesterday was a great day of watching college football.

Alabama/Auburn OT
LSU/Texas AM wild finish
Oklahoma/OSU wild finish
Florida/FSU to a lesser degree
OSU/Michigan

What a day of football. And the fact that Tennessee won 7 games is pretty amazing.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Xmann wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:48 am Yesterday was a great day of watching college football.

Alabama/Auburn OT
LSU/Texas AM wild finish
Oklahoma/OSU wild finish
OSU/Michigan

What a day of football. And the fact that Tennessee won 7 games is pretty amazing.
Yesterday was one of those days that explain why I prefer Saturday college football over the Sunday pro game.
Black Lives Matter
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Scuzz wrote:
Xmann wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:48 am Yesterday was a great day of watching college football.

Alabama/Auburn OT
LSU/Texas AM wild finish
Oklahoma/OSU wild finish
OSU/Michigan

Yesterday was one of those days that explain why I prefer Saturday college football over the Sunday pro game.
Absolutely
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LA Times reporting that Lincoln Riley is going to SC. Wow.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/stor ... coln-riley

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Wow, indeed.

Especially since it was reported just yesterday that Iowa State’s Campbell was taking the job on Monday.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

PS. If you make it, go to the Rose Bowl!

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:20 pm LA Times reporting that Lincoln Riley is going to SC. Wow.

Yesterday during the game someone mentioned that he had turned down any LSU talk. I am surprised he would pass on the SEC but maybe he sees USCw as a easier job.
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:54 am

If that Auburn RB had simply gone down in bounds, we’d be looking at a completely different playoff picture right now.
Bama is not the same team as years past. Offensive line as been offensive in the bad way this year. Not sure if it is the players or the coach (Doug Marrone). And then Bill O'Brien tends to call pass plays that takes time instead of quick hitters or screens and you have a recipe for disaster.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Scuzz wrote:
Pyperkub wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:20 pm LA Times reporting that Lincoln Riley is going to SC. Wow.

Yesterday during the game someone mentioned that he had turned down any LSU talk. I am surprised he would pass on the SEC but maybe he sees USCw as a easier job.
It's a better job, especially with NIL. Think Reggie Bush marketing opportunities v. say, Leonard Fournette.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:43 am
Scuzz wrote:

It's a better job, especially with NIL. Think Reggie Bush marketing opportunities v. say, Leonard Fournette.
Articles I have read also say he was not happy about Oklahoma going to the SEC. So why jump to LSU from Oklahoma.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

there are quite a few Bama fans that hope Bill O'Brien gets one of the job openings.

Black Lives Matter
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Lassr wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:55 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:54 am

Bama is not the same team as years past. Offensive line as been offensive in the bad way this year. Not sure if it is the players or the coach (Doug Marrone). And then Bill O'Brien tends to call pass plays that takes time instead of quick hitters or screens and you have a recipe for disaster.
I expect us to lose Saturday followed by some staff changes. I reluctantly have to admit that our defense has improved over the course of the season. The problem is that Golding isn't an elite DC, but he's done enough to not be re-homed by Saban.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:00 pm Ouch, once again Harbaugh (college division) shows he can't win the big one.
You were saying? :P
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:45 am On the plus side, the Big Ten East is coming down to Michigan-OSU on Saturday, as God intended.

On the negative side, I'm going to spend all week convincing myself we actually have a chance only to see us get curb stomped again.
Oh yeah? Well what do you have to say now, smart guy?

Saturday was one of the most enjoyable sporting events I can remember watching. I mean, sure the Cubs World Series in 2016 was more important and Super Bowl XX was a great laugh riot and the 1997 Rose Bowl (well, I guess it was actually played in 1998) secured a national championship for Michigan, but still. What made this great was everything surrounding it. The last 20 years of the rivalry, the way Harbaugh started the year on the hot seat, the stakes for The Game. Then the real enjoyment came from the way Michigan won the dang thing. Pure dominant running game (a lot of fans were bitching that we were too run heavy after the Washington game - "That's never going to work against OSU!") and an impressive pass rush. The game was close enough to be good, but after Michigan's first drive of the second half the game was never closer than 8 points, which let me actually relax a bit and enjoy the game. Hutchinson may have earned a trip to NYC for the Heisman ceremony (not that he has a chance to win it - although wouldn't it be something if the only 2 defensive players to win it came from Michigan?). Harbaugh has extinguished the fire under his seat. The calls for Michigan to hire Matt Campbell have ceased.

Michigan is a double-digit favorite over Iowa next week for the Big 10 championship, but Iowa always makes me nervous. They've spoiled things for us in the past. Still, if we win that we're in the playoff as the likely 2 seed (assuming UGA takes care of business against Alabama). It's safe to say that not a lot of people saw the season going this way for the Wolverines!

Go Blue!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:39 pm
Jaymann wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:00 pm Ouch, once again Harbaugh (college division) shows he can't win the big one.
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:45 am On the plus side, the Big Ten East is coming down to Michigan-OSU on Saturday, as God intended.

On the negative side, I'm going to spend all week convincing myself we actually have a chance only to see us get curb stomped again.
I would say I apparently had more confidence in Michigan than you did. :)
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Lassr wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:52 am...Articles I have read also say he was not happy about Oklahoma going to the SEC. So why jump to LSU from Oklahoma.
Right now would be a horrible time to be a new coach in the SEC. Remember several years ago when the Pac-12 had all those "really good but not dominant" teams that all beat each other up all season long? That seems to be where the SEC is right now. A lot of the traditionally "lower tier" teams like Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Kentucky are playing much better while a lot of the old "top tier" teams like LSU, Florida and Tennessee have fallen back considerably, making the SEC, at least for now, one big train wreck. Great for exciting games, not so good for coaching careers. And all that is going to get even worse when Texas and Oklahoma join the league.

USC is a sleeping giant in a HUGE market in a struggling conference, making this the most lucrative of all coaching jobs in college football (at least right now). And if Riley does well at USC, he could reinvigorate the whole conference the way Urban Meyer caused the SEC and later the Big 10 programs to step up their game to keep up with his teams.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:39 pm...Go Blue!
College football is definitely better with Michigan in the National Title mix. And I'm really happy to see Harbaugh (who I think is a fantastic coach) get that huge monkey off his back. Looking forward to seeing the Wolverines in the playoffs.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Part of me likes the Riley hire because a competitive USC is good for the conference overall. The other part of me was hoping for someone less impactful, as Utah’s chance at P12 South titles goes through USC.

I do think he’s still going to have a bit of an uphill battle in LA though. While there’s certainly talent there, they have seemed to be perfectly willing to coast and not give the effort required to consistently win. The fact that a team like Utah - with their recruiting disadvantages and much lower recruiting rankings - has won the South 3 years running is a testament to that fact.

I’m sure SC is banking on a coach turning that culture around on a dime, but it might not be a quick of a process as they’d like. I wonder how much patience they’ll have while Riley builds some good recruiting classes and rights the ship.

Selfishly, I kinda hope he doesn’t. :)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:16 pm

I would say I apparently had more confidence in Michigan than you did. :)
The other factor is that tOSU isn't all that this year. Their linebacking corps are not at their usual standard - in both their losses, the linebackers were taken advantage of. Significantly.

Ditto the lack of a high level running game.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Apollo wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:18 pm
Lassr wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:52 am...Articles I have read also say he was not happy about Oklahoma going to the SEC. So why jump to LSU from Oklahoma.
Right now would be a horrible time to be a new coach in the SEC. Remember several years ago when the Pac-12 had all those "really good but not dominant" teams that all beat each other up all season long? That seems to be where the SEC is right now. A lot of the traditionally "lower tier" teams like Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Kentucky are playing much better while a lot of the old "top tier" teams like LSU, Florida and Tennessee have fallen back considerably, making the SEC, at least for now, one big train wreck. Great for exciting games, not so good for coaching careers. And all that is going to get even worse when Texas and Oklahoma join the league.

USC is a sleeping giant in a HUGE market in a struggling conference, making this the most lucrative of all coaching jobs in college football (at least right now). And if Riley does well at USC, he could reinvigorate the whole conference the way Urban Meyer caused the SEC and later the Big 10 programs to step up their game to keep up with his teams.
Wait until the SEC actually plays 9 conference games, and the days of only playing 4 true road games are gone (at least every other year). I expect the years in which there is an undefeated SEC team entering championship weekend to get cut in half (that extra true road game is a LOT tougher than a home game against an FCS squad.

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

USC has suffered from an administration that waited way too long to dump Helton. Riley will have all the money he needs and recruits will probably benefit insanely by the new money rules.

There are great players leaving the LA area, I think there are 3 LA area QBs in the SEC. Fresno State has a bunch of LA players.

If boosters give Riley time he will rebuild USC.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Scuzz wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:32 pm USC has suffered from an administration that waited way too long to dump Helton. Riley will have all the money he needs and recruits will probably benefit insanely by the new money rules.

There are great players leaving the LA area, I think there are 3 LA area QBs in the SEC. Fresno State has a bunch of LA players.

If boosters give Riley time he will rebuild USC.
Eh, Helton won the Pac-12 South last year. I think he probably did deserve a chance this year to show it wasn't a fluke (it was, but that's another story). Also, at some point in time, it is valuable to NOT have the reputation for massive turnover at the HC position (both in terms of attracting the best candidates - and assistants -, and not needing to have such insane buyouts every couple of years).

On the other hand, while I think hiring Riley is a huge move, and a very effective statement that 'SC is still capable of being a powerhouse, I really don't think 'SC's embrace of the Air Raid is the path they should be following, especially with a coach who hasn't been able to field a Championship level defense. 'SC's has always had a huge recruiting advantage (esp v. the Pac-12) on the offensive and defensive lines. The Air Raid does get better with better OL, but not as much as a ground and pound game. What I have thought for a LONG time is that if 'SC wants to be great again, they needed to essentially do what Harbaugh/Shaw did with their best Stanford teams (which were essentially built by getting a chunk of the linemen who would have gone to 'SC if they didn't have scholarship limitations due to the Reggie Bush sanctions). The Air Raid, even with the plethora of talent 'SC has gotten lately at WR, does not scare me as much.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Apollo wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:22 pm Looking forward to seeing the Wolverines in the playoffs.
You and Georgia/Alabama/Cincinnati.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:20 pm ...Wait until the SEC actually plays 9 conference games, and the days of only playing 4 true road games are gone (at least every other year). I expect the years in which there is an undefeated SEC team entering championship weekend to get cut in half (that extra true road game is a LOT tougher than a home game against an FCS squad.
Strongly disagree. Alabama played 10 conference games last year and remained undefeated. Heck, they could've played every SEC team twice and they would've been undefeated. This year's Georgia team could play another conference game and it would have no impact unless that game was against Alabama, though they would almost certainly still win.

I know you've always been big on "True Road Games" and "9 conference games", etc. but those things aren't really going to be a problem for truly "dominant" teams like Alabama last year or Georgia this year. Georgia might not win the title this year, but I seriously don't think it's going to matter that they played 8 conference games instead of 9.

Even if we were to accept your argument at face value, that an extra conference game would hurt the SEC's shot at the playoff, then why play it? Seems like it's in every conference's interest to get as many teams into the playoff as possible, not to throw arbitrary hurdles in their path. If SEC teams routinely got into the playoff and laid an egg, I would personally be all for making the path tougher for SEC teams to reach the playoff, to prevent them from embarrassing the conference. But that hasn't been the case...
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:43 pm Eh, Helton won the Pac-12 South last year.
Does last year even count as an "official" year? Most P12 teams only played 6 games, a few played 7. Honestly asking...I have no idea.

Most of the national broadcasts have been referencing Utah as winning the P12 South for "3 straight years".
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:02 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:43 pm Eh, Helton won the Pac-12 South last year.
Does last year even count as an "official" year? Most P12 teams only played 6 games, a few played 7. Honestly asking...I have no idea.

Most of the national broadcasts have been referencing Utah as winning the P12 South for "3 straight years".
They were still 5-0 in conference in the regular season last year (Colorado was covid-cancelled) and had a returning QB who looked like a possible Heisman candidate this year. Tho 3 of those wins were games in which they were outplayed and needed pretty miraculous finishes to win, but 5-0 was 5-0.

They were also even in the CFP discussion prior to getting beat pretty definitively by Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship (note that "in the discussion" was still pretty unlikely - they didn't -to me and most - pass they eye-test, nor did their shorter resume really stack up, especially missing the other top team in the south and not playing the actual winner of the north - UW - who was replaced in the P12 championship due to covid).

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Apollo wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:57 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:20 pm ...Wait until the SEC actually plays 9 conference games, and the days of only playing 4 true road games are gone (at least every other year). I expect the years in which there is an undefeated SEC team entering championship weekend to get cut in half (that extra true road game is a LOT tougher than a home game against an FCS squad.
Strongly disagree. Alabama played 10 conference games last year and remained undefeated. Heck, they could've played every SEC team twice and they would've been undefeated. This year's Georgia team could play another conference game and it would have no impact unless that game was against Alabama, though they would almost certainly still win.

I know you've always been big on "True Road Games" and "9 conference games", etc. but those things aren't really going to be a problem for truly "dominant" teams like Alabama last year or Georgia this year. Georgia might not win the title this year, but I seriously don't think it's going to matter that they played 8 conference games instead of 9.

Even if we were to accept your argument at face value, that an extra conference game would hurt the SEC's shot at the playoff, then why play it? Seems like it's in every conference's interest to get as many teams into the playoff as possible, not to throw arbitrary hurdles in their path. If SEC teams routinely got into the playoff and laid an egg, I would personally be all for making the path tougher for SEC teams to reach the playoff, to prevent them from embarrassing the conference. But that hasn't been the case...
There's truly dominant teams, and there's truly dominant teams for *every* game of the year. Alabama had a pretty easy road schedule last year (playing mostly the dregs) and I wouldn't base your prediction on the Covid year.

Pete Carroll had truly dominant teams at SC which tended to have a sleepwalker road game every year (Oregon St was a huge issue for them). Ohio St under Meyer and Tressell also had massive issues with those losses (usually to someone like Purdue).

Note, I'm not saying it will happen every year, but I am saying that the incidences of undefeated squads in the SEC championship is going to drop due to that extra road game (which will only hit teams every other year - some years 5 home, some years 5 road).

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:17 pm The other factor is that tOSU isn't all that this year. Their linebacking corps are not at their usual standard - in both their losses, the linebackers were taken advantage of. Significantly.

Let's not get crazy here. OSU is still a 5-star football factory that has the talent to beat anyone. OSU's top two backs averaged 7 yards per rush coming in. That's pretty high level, especially when paired with 3 NFL WRs and a QB who is in the top group for the Heisman. This offense was on the path to being, statistically, the best offense in Big 10 history. They weren't quite as impressive defensively, but after they replaced the defensive coordinator in the wake of the Oregon game, they were back to smothering everyone. The linebackers were definitely a weak spot for OSU (relatively speaking), but Haskins apparently had over 100 yards before contact. That suggests a paving of the star studded DL to get the party started.

Bottom line, OSU is still really freaking good. They addressed the biggest concerns that led to their loss against Oregon and looked like they were back to Death Star mode after demolishing then no. 7 Michigan State the previous week. Fortunately, Michigan was able to target the exhaust port properly. They outplayed and outcoached a team that had (on paper) much more talent.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:20 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:02 pm

They were still 5-0 in conference in the regular season last year (Colorado was covid-cancelled) and had a returning QB who looked like a possible Heisman candidate this year. Tho 3 of those wins were games in which they were outplayed and needed pretty miraculous finishes to win, but 5-0 was 5-0.

They were also even in the CFP discussion prior to getting beat pretty definitively by Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship (note that "in the discussion" was still pretty unlikely - they didn't -to me and most - pass they eye-test, nor did their shorter resume really stack up, especially missing the other top team in the south and not playing the actual winner of the north - UW - who was replaced in the P12 championship due to covid).
I honestly forgot they even played a P12 Championship game last year. :lol:

2020 was so weird.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:51 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:17 pm The other factor is that tOSU isn't all that this year. Their linebacking corps are not at their usual standard - in both their losses, the linebackers were taken advantage of. Significantly.

Let's not get crazy here. OSU is still a 5-star football factory that has the talent to beat anyone. OSU's top two backs averaged 7 yards per rush coming in. That's pretty high level, especially when paired with 3 NFL WRs and a QB who is in the top group for the Heisman. This offense was on the path to being, statistically, the best offense in Big 10 history. They weren't quite as impressive defensively, but after they replaced the defensive coordinator in the wake of the Oregon game, they were back to smothering everyone. The linebackers were definitely a weak spot for OSU (relatively speaking), but Haskins apparently had over 100 yards before contact. That suggests a paving of the star studded DL to get the party started.

Bottom line, OSU is still really freaking good. They addressed the biggest concerns that led to their loss against Oregon and looked like they were back to Death Star mode after demolishing then no. 7 Michigan State the previous week. Fortunately, Michigan was able to target the exhaust port properly. They outplayed and outcoached a team that had (on paper) much more talent.
Oh, yeah, not saying they aren't really good, just that good teams who can defend the pass, and attack their LB corps not only can, but will beat them. Penn St probably could have beaten them if Clifford was healthy and running like he usually does, but he wasn't healthy enough. Michigan St is not good against the pass... especially on the road where they don't get a little noise...

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

It's not like Michigan shut down the OSU passing attack. Stroud still threw for 394 yards. The key (and what Oregon and PSU also did) was not giving up the big plays. OSU has a quick strike offense with pro caliber receivers and a QB with a great arm who can hit them if he has time. Michigan's pass rush didn't let deep routes develop and then the secondary tackled well (including after some circus catches). The biggest concern going in was that Michigan was going to focus so much on the pass that the RBs would run wild (similar to what happened against MSU and, to a somewhat lesser extent, PSU). The interior line held up well, though, and toward the end OSU had largely given up on the run to try to get those quick scores and catch up.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

For the very first time ever Harbaugh shows he can win the big one?
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:51 pm Fortunately, Michigan was able to target the exhaust port properly. They outplayed and outcoached a team that had (on paper) much more talent.
Not to take away from the win but they also had home field advantage for the time when they were competitive. They also had weather on the side of the style of game they play vs the one with 3 NFL bound WRs. Still a win against Tosu is a win against Tosu. No excuses for Michigan the last six years, so no excuses for Ohio this year.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:07 pm It's not like Michigan shut down the OSU passing attack. Stroud still threw for 394 yards. The key (and what Oregon and PSU also did) was not giving up the big plays. OSU has a quick strike offense with pro caliber receivers and a QB with a great arm who can hit them if he has time. Michigan's pass rush didn't let deep routes develop and then the secondary tackled well (including after some circus catches). The biggest concern going in was that Michigan was going to focus so much on the pass that the RBs would run wild (similar to what happened against MSU and, to a somewhat lesser extent, PSU). The interior line held up well, though, and toward the end OSU had largely given up on the run to try to get those quick scores and catch up.
It's also that those passing attacks don't fare as well in the Red Zone without as much space to operate in - you need at least the threat of the run to get Red Zone passing TD's.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Washington hires DeBoer from Fresno State. Sorry Scuzz. :(

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:20 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:07 pm It's not like Michigan shut down the OSU passing attack. Stroud still threw for 394 yards. The key (and what Oregon and PSU also did) was not giving up the big plays. OSU has a quick strike offense with pro caliber receivers and a QB with a great arm who can hit them if he has time. Michigan's pass rush didn't let deep routes develop and then the secondary tackled well (including after some circus catches). The biggest concern going in was that Michigan was going to focus so much on the pass that the RBs would run wild (similar to what happened against MSU and, to a somewhat lesser extent, PSU). The interior line held up well, though, and toward the end OSU had largely given up on the run to try to get those quick scores and catch up.
It's also that those passing attacks don't fare as well in the Red Zone without as much space to operate in - you need at least the threat of the run to get Red Zone passing TD's.
Oregon at their best combined a decent passing game with a running game when they needed it. They also had good defenses. USC has lacked a D and a consistent run game for years. And offense wins games now, sometimes. :)
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:59 pm Washington hires DeBoer from Fresno State. Sorry Scuzz. :(

Pretty much knew that was coming. I am happy for the coach and I think Washington will be much better next year.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Wow, I did not see that one coming.

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

ND needs to join a conference.
Black Lives Matter
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

I'm guessing ND goes to the Cincy well again and goes after Luke Fickell. I can't really see him saying no unless he thinks Ryan Day is going somewhere.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:08 pm
For the very first time ever Harbaugh shows he can win the big one?
The funny thing about Harbaugh up to now was that every time he got a big win, the goalposts would be moved to justify why it wasn't actually a big win so that people could maintain the narrative that he couldn't win the big one. They won't be able to do that this time.
LordMortis wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:51 pm Fortunately, Michigan was able to target the exhaust port properly. They outplayed and outcoached a team that had (on paper) much more talent.
Not to take away from the win but they also had home field advantage for the time when they were competitive. They also had weather on the side of the style of game they play vs the one with 3 NFL bound WRs. Still a win against Tosu is a win against Tosu. No excuses for Michigan the last six years, so no excuses for Ohio this year.
It's easier for those NFL bound WRs to get separation in snowy weather because they know where they're going while the DBs are more likely to slip changing direction. Regardless, I don't think the weather had much impact on the game. Stroud still completed a lot of passes - he just didn't have the time to complete the deep ones, and that doesn't change whether it's sunny or snowing. One of the things I loved about this game was that both teams were essentially at even strength. The last time Michigan beat OSU was during the Fickell transition year against the worst OSU team of the last 20 years or so. This time Michigan beat an OSU team that was deserving of its No. 2 ranking.