RIP - Terry Goodkind

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Smoove_B

RIP - Terry Goodkind

Post by Smoove_B »

News:
Terry Goodkind, a best-selling author known for his multivolume “Sword of Truth” fantasy series, died on Thursday, according to several reports.

A message on his verified social media accounts reads: “It is a great loss. An unimaginable loss. It is impossible to put into few words just how amazing of a man, a husband, a writer, a friend, and a human, Terry Goodkind truly was. He is already desperately missed. We are forever grateful for him having shared his life’s work with all of us, as he was always grateful to be held in our hearts.”

Goodkind was 72. Tor.com publishing site said Goodkind worked as a woodworker and artist before writing his first novel, “Wizard’s First Rule,” in 1994.

He eventually wrote more than 30 bestselling novels, selling more than 26 million books worldwide, according to his website. At the same time, his work was sometimes derided as sexist.
I didn't realize he was 72. I only read the first book (but I own like 11 more thanks to Kindle sales) and I *really* enjoyed the TV show. RIP complicated dude. RIP.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
stessier

Re: RIP - Terry Goodkind

Post by stessier »

Oh, that is sad. I think I read the first 7(?) books. I enjoyed them when I read them. RIP
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sorry to hear of his loss. I didn't care for his work, but I know it is popular in the fantasy circles.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What happened to your avatar?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I was Gratch on most message boards for years. Still a few I’m active on with that moniker.

Loved the first few Sword of Truth books before they went completely off the rails. Think I stopped at "Naked Empire" (the 8th book).

He was one of the first “separate the art from the artist” authors that I remember. The more I found out about him as a person, the less interested I was in his stories. Still, he wrote some cool characters and interesting worlds.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:10 pm What happened to your avatar?
I take it he is a Dallas Stars fan.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter