Origins Game Fair 2019

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Zarathud

Origins Game Fair 2019

Post by Zarathud »

With under 30 days left, I'm checking if anyone else is attending this year's Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio from June 12-16.

I'm again running Paranoia RPG sessions but only on Thursday and Friday mornings. It will be the Kickstarter bonus adventure Truth or Dare, with some tweaks to keep things interesting. I'm thinking about bringing props.

I'm also attending the Kobolds Midnight Massacre, a silly 100 player RPG with horrible death checks. It's usually crazy (and extremely loud), and will be even moreso since this year is the 20th Anniversary. Even in the bowels of the hotel, you can hear the cries of "ALL HAIL KING TORG! ... ALL HAIL KING TORG!" Good times.

:D
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Re: Origins Game Fair 2019

Post by hepcat »

I'm going...but only if I'm given carte blanche to kneecap anyone who torgs out in front of me. I've already applied for a conceal and carry license. On the application, under "reason", I simply put "going to Origins". I expect it will get fast tracked.
Covfefe!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Don't think it's in the cards for me this year.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zarathud wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 am With under 30 days left, I'm checking if anyone else is attending this year's Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio from June 12-16.

I'm again running Paranoia RPG sessions but only on Thursday and Friday mornings. It will be the Kickstarter bonus adventure Truth or Dare, with some tweaks to keep things interesting. I'm thinking about bringing props.

I'm also attending the Kobolds Midnight Massacre, a silly 100 player RPG with horrible death checks. It's usually crazy (and extremely loud), and will be even moreso since this year is the 20th Anniversary. Even in the bowels of the hotel, you can hear the cries of "ALL HAIL KING TORG! ... ALL HAIL KING TORG!" Good times.

:D
I have PTSD from my two visits to Kobolds Midnight Massacre. I will not be attending that one again. It's crazy fun, but very loud, and just not my thing.

However, Paranoia has become an annual right of passage for me. :)

Also, I will be attending all days as well. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
RMC

Post by RMC »

hepcat wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:59 am I'm going...but only if I'm given carte blanche to kneecap anyone who torgs out in front of me. I've already applied for a conceal and carry license. On the application, under "reason", I simply put "going to Origins". I expect it will get fast tracked.
Hailing King Torg is good clean, LOUD, fun.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Ha! Had a text message last night from one of my Paranoia regulars who will be showing up for the extra spot -- on Friday. He's also a Kobolds Mayor, so we'll be inflicting massive character death on each other.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zarathud wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:45 am Ha! Had a text message last night from one of my Paranoia regulars who will be showing up for the extra spot -- on Friday. He's also a Kobolds Mayor, so we'll be inflicting massive character death on each other.
Oh, now that will be fun. :)
Thomasd65

Post by Thomasd65 »

hepcat wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:59 am Everybody jokes about not wearing pants while working from home but I’ve been living the dream way before it became trendy! Suck it, poseurs!
(Spam...it’s what’s for dinner...if you can find it these days)

$iljanus makes no claim regarding the state of Hepcat’s pants or pantlessness
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Begone bot
Covfefe!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And Origins has been moved to early October.
Covfefe!
RMC

Post by RMC »

Any word on Gen Con yet?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That’s going to be interesting to watch. Gencon is so much bigger than Origins. I can’t even begin to guess at the level of logistics behind postponing or cancelling that event.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

So far their only statement has been 'still on schedule.' They have until August. I think they're hoping things will die down, or that we'll have a mid-summer lull.

GenCon is also a very big deal for Indianapolis.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
kristinella

Post by kristinella »

Tsk tsk...no spam for you