Weekend Playlist - Last of the Holiday Weeks

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Weekend Playlist - Last of the Holiday Weeks

Post by Isgrimnur »

Now begins the long slog until Memorial Day. No more free days off for a while.

This weekend, I might get some more Just Cause 3 in, but the big project is to build the desk for the wife and set up her rig so I can play something else when she's deep in Conan: Exiles.

I also have been playing New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe on the Switch and the original Legend of Zelda on the Online service title that includes that, Zelda 2, Metroid, and others.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Re: Weekend Playlist - Last of the Holiday Weeks

Post by coopasonic »

My kiddo has been pushing us through Destiny 2 and I expect that to continue. We will finally hit max level and maybe he will let me play something else... Other than that I have Thronebreaker installed but it is not grabbing me... I might play a bit more Road Redemption. I also installed Into the Breach, but that also is not really grabbing me. One day I will start FFXV.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I started Far Cry 5 and so far I've been enjoying it. It's nothing new or revolutionary, but I like the format and story (so far). Mainly, it's about exploration (for me) and with such a large area to check out, it makes for a nice diversion.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Putting a new dining room table and chairs together tomorrow...then breaking it in with some City of Kings and a lot of Black and Tans. Hopefully I'll stay sober long enough to make it through turn 1.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm knee-deep in Prey and loving it, but I hope to finish before too long, as I have a couple of other titles I'm itching to try.

I'm also playing Total War: Warhammer 2 again. This time I'm attempting the Mortal Empires campaign as the dwarves. I doubt I'll finish, as it just becomes a slog by the end, but I'm having fun for now.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Ooh I could go back to Prey... nah, never happen. Hard fight was hard.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Which fight? I found it challenging, but I didn't think there were any insurmountable ones.

I unfortunately traded in my copy after finishing it, not realizing there were expansions coming. Now I need to buy it again. :oops:
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I wouldn't know how to tell you which fight. The one with the one thing that wrecked my face a couple times so I decided to play something else and didn't find the game compelling enough to go back to it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Prey started off slow but turned into one of my favorite games of 2018. It really gave me that System Shock feel I wanted.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yes. I totally didn't understand what the tone was for the game - thought it was going to be a shooter. It's absolutely not and I'm struggling to remember a "boss fight" that was tough. Did a lot of running away and hiding in Prey. No judgements!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:47 pm It really gave me that System Shock feel I wanted.
That's exactly what I'm getting out of it. I also went in expecting a shooter. It took a little while for me to realize that my approach was all wrong, mostly through ugly deaths. Once I started treating it like a System Shock game, it has been fantastic.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:21 pm
hepcat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:47 pm It really gave me that System Shock feel I wanted.
That's exactly what I'm getting out of it. I also went in expecting a shooter. It took a little while for me to realize that my approach was all wrong, mostly through ugly deaths. Once I started treating it like a System Shock game, it has been fantastic.
Yeah, need to get back to Prey with the mindset noted. Had gotten one of those ugly deaths and moved on to something... shinier. :( But just recently started FC5 and have the same feelings about it as Smooth, so hoping to stick with it.
-mf
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm Yes. I totally didn't understand what the tone was for the game - thought it was going to be a shooter. It's absolutely not and I'm struggling to remember a "boss fight" that was tough. Did a lot of running away and hiding in Prey. No judgements!
Steam tells me I only played like 3 hours, so it wasn't very far in. I just reinstalled, so as soon as the kid lets me quit playing Destiny 2 I will check it out again.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Anthem Xbox
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pushed some cardboard around playing Downtown. Managed to take out a SAM site with two missiles still on the rails, and fifteen of the sixteen that were fired, missed. I had three damaged aircraft that all made it home.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:56 pm
I'm also playing Total War: Warhammer 2 again. This time I'm attempting the Mortal Empires campaign as the dwarves. I doubt I'll finish, as it just becomes a slog by the end, but I'm having fun for now.
I hit that point a little sooner than I excpected. I've finished the WH1 campaign twice, and the WH2 campaign once. I've started a few other times, including a couple of Mortal Empires games, but they always tend to drag by the midway point when you're fighting so many defensive battles that it takes forever to make forward progress. When I get there, I usually just accept my quasi-victory and move on.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've been in a casual mood lately so I'm just knocking around with some games I got cheap off Fanatical. Primarily MAFIA III.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

When everyone goes to sleep I'd like to start Far Cry 5 New Dawn...or fall asleep.

Sorting everything I need to start a game of Leaving Earth with the Stations expansion too but since I have a table that I can leave it on that's going to be played over a few days.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:47 am
Smoove_B wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm Yes. I totally didn't understand what the tone was for the game - thought it was going to be a shooter. It's absolutely not and I'm struggling to remember a "boss fight" that was tough. Did a lot of running away and hiding in Prey. No judgements!
Steam tells me I only played like 3 hours, so it wasn't very far in. I just reinstalled, so as soon as the kid lets me quit playing Destiny 2 I will check it out again.
Steam said 3 hours but the in game save said 5... I guess the other two were in the demo. Anyway, I got back into it and I am now not certain why I stopped playing before. I was at a place where loading my last save had me *nearly* instantly killed by a damaged electrical panel. I guess if I went through a few rounds of that I might have quit pissed. I had to click into the game and run away ASAP to avoid dying, but I didn't see any signs of a tougher enemy *shrug* Anyway, I imagine I am close to done with the story now, but really can't say for sure. I have my weapons mostly maxed out and many of the top neuromods installed with the ability to create lots more if I decide I need more. This morning I thought I was doing an end game thing, but the game is stretching it out. I hope it doesn't stretch it too far that I lose interest again.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm always surprised at how quickly you finish games. :shock:
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I find that other people have these things called a life, or friends or responsibilities that distract them from gaming. I don't allow those things to slow me down. My wife is not really on board with that, but if the alternative is watching the Full House reboot on Netflix, I'll be gaming, thanks.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I spent Sunday in an allergy/drug haze, so no gaming was had. We did go see the new How to Train Your Dragon film.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I have a couple of major elements changing in my life right now, which tends to throw me for a loop. It's doing it right in the middle of a gaming slump, too, which means that I have to turn to a reliable 'comfort food' game to relax. Since I'm pretty fed up with Bethesda right now, I can' turn to an Elder Scrolls/Fallout like I usually do, and I just finished Subnautica. I guess that means I'll be firing up World of Warcraft again!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:02 pm I have a couple of major elements changing in my life right now, which tends to throw me for a loop. It's doing it right in the middle of a gaming slump, too, which means that I have to turn to a reliable 'comfort food' game to relax. Since I'm pretty fed up with Bethesda right now, I can' turn to an Elder Scrolls/Fallout like I usually do, and I just finished Subnautica. I guess that means I'll be firing up World of Warcraft again!
Or maybe not. Ugh, I'd forgotten how much work that game could be.