What are you playing? - Post-Valentines Day weekend

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

What are you playing? - Post-Valentines Day weekend

Post by Isgrimnur »

I’m working on Just Cause 3, still. Other than that, I have no immediate plans.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Re: What are you playing? - Post-Valentines Day weekend

Post by Skinypupy »

Grinding away to get my FF XIV Bard a full set of i400 gear before the expansion hits in a few months.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've been trying to play Pillars of Eternity. As an old Baldur's Gate/IWD fan, I figured it would be a shoe-in, but I have been struggling to get a grasp on it. There are just too damned many 'fine points' of the mechanics that you really have to learn and exploit, and I don't think I'm in the mood to learn anything that elaborate right now.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Bouncing around between a few things over the last month. I'm going to try and spend more time with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but I might jump into some mindless Far Cry 5 instead.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

More Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. My goal of sinking every fishing boat in Ancient Greece in order to become the scourge of seafood continues.

Tomorrow we’re playing some Gloomhaven and Root though.
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Dabbling with The Division and messing around with some cheesy point-and-click games I got in a Fanatical bundle. I really haven't felt like diving too deep into anything at the moment.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Hopefully finishing up the last planet in Astroneer. I have all the end game gear so it is just a matter of checking the boxes. After that, Far Cry New Dawn is calling my name... I *will* play the final scenario in Aeon's End Legacy and then at least the tutorial for Fog of Love with the wife.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Still playing WoW.

Thinking about picking up the Civ VI expansion but I may hold off for some reviews and impressions first.

EDIT - $40 for the expansion? Holy crap. That seems a little overpriced.
Last edited by Exodor on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Finishing up the new Challenge Tombs in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Then probably Far Cry 5.
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Still slogging around in the Wasteland in Fallout 4. I wish the weather would cooperate because I really want to start paining the minis for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, but the weather is too dicey for spray primers and I've never had much luck with brush on primers.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hentzau wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:44 am the weather is too dicey for spray primers and I've never had much luck with brush on primers.
Get thyself an airbrush and some bottles of Badger Stynlrez. And, for what it's worth, Stynlrez is also the best brush-on primer, hands down. I think the mistake most people make with brush on primers is that they try for a smooth, even coat. Primers don't need that. They just need to be present on the surface to give the paint something to stick to. A blotchy that's pooled into the recesses like a wash is just fine.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Bought my daughter Sushi Go Party since she's such a big fan of Sushi Go. Looking forward to playing with her this weekend. I'd like to get Maximum Apocalypse on the table this weekend too or buy Far Cry New Dawn. Decisions, decisions.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Trying to finish up Far Cry 4. Finished the main story last night. But I still have some side missions to knock out. We'll see if I stick with it.

Talk of Pillars of Eternity reminds me I have a game sitting that's about half-way (guess) done. I need to see if I can get back into that. I'd been looking for a FPS break from RPGs. But now I've put a complete STALKER overhaul mod, Just Cause 3, and Far Cry 4 under my belt (oh, and The Division), I may be somewhat FPS burned out.

All the talk of Civ VI reminds me I still have achievements for Civ V. So maybe a game of that...

And tonight I'll be doing some board gaming with a friend.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Blackhawk wrote:
hentzau wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:44 am the weather is too dicey for spray primers and I've never had much luck with brush on primers.
Get thyself an airbrush and some bottles of Badger Stynlrez. And, for what it's worth, Stynlrez is also the best brush-on primer, hands down. I think the mistake most people make with brush on primers is that they try for a smooth, even coat. Primers don't need that. They just need to be present on the surface to give the paint something to stick to. A blotchy that's pooled into the recesses like a wash is just fine.
I’ve had an airbrush for about 2 years now. I became daunted upon taking everything out of the box. Might clear a space on my workbench and give it a try this weekend.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Do it! Nothing beats it with Stynlrez for priming, and since there aren't any fumes (besides a few minutes of particulates), it's safe to use inside, removing weather from the priming equation. I got a three pack of Stynlrez - black, white, and gray - for different applications.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Wasting my time playing Running With Rifles instead of doing anything productive.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Didn't get to play Sushi Go Party, Maximum Apocalypse and it was taking a ridiculous amount of time to download Far Cry New Dawn on my PS4 so ended up falling asleep. And now I'm playing the, "Shop with daughter at mall for vacation clothes" game. Currently the AAR is fun being had by all but the last time we went to the mall and it was my turn to find some clothes my daughter was a real pill. So the AAR could easily turn into a German army group trapped in Russia during the winter type of situation....
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Picked up a Switch and have spent a few hours with New Super Mario Bros. My memory of playing these is of a lower difficulty. But then, I haven’t played a side-scrolling platforms for any significant length in years.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:28 pm Picked up a Switch and have spent a few hours with New Super Mario Bros. My memory of playing these is of a lower difficulty. But then, I haven’t played a side-scrolling platforms for any significant length in years.
I played Mario Kart on my nephew's switch yesterday and managed to beat them a few times.
They suck, the last time I played that game they weren't even born yet. :)