Political Randomness

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: Political Randomness

Post by Skinypupy »

Defiant wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:33 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:23 pm
It doesn't matter to some people. They didn't explode. Bombs explode. Therefore they are not bombs. QED.
Seems to me if the bombs had exploded, they would not be bombs, because they would have ceased to be.

Maybe they're quantum bombs. If you know they're bombs, they're no longer bombs.
Schroedinger's Bomb
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Anyway, the bottom line is that someone set us up the bomb, right?
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Rush is of course stoking things. He is encouraging his callers who are analyzing the van photos. They are talking about how the stickers aren't faded enough for Florida or placed oddly (aka evenly because only leftist art students care about perfect placement or something). Full on cult shit. The body politic is riddled with cancer.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:52 pm Rush is of course stoking things. He is encouraging his callers who are analyzing the van photos. They are talking about how the stickers aren't faded enough for Florida or placed oddly (aka evenly because only leftist art students care about perfect placement or something). Full on cult shit. The body politic is riddled with cancer.

I tend to assume that anyone listening to that claptrap responsively is already firmly in the irredeemable "basket of deplorables".
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

One other bit of funny I came across: "It's like the guy is driving around my dad's Facebook page."

:lol:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Lost in the bomber news:

This week's Kroger shooter actually intended to target a black church, but he couldn't get in.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

FBI has announced these were NOT hoax devices. So they should meet everyone's definition of a bomb at this point. Unless you have an agenda, of course.
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:13 pm FBI has announced these were NOT hoax devices. So they should meet everyone's definition of a bomb at this point. Unless you have an agenda, of course.
Well, at least one of the "targets" is a PAID ACTOR!!!!
Spoiler:
Robert DiNiro :)
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Let's be totally honest though. De Niro will show up for anything if you promise him cab fair and a free lunch at this point.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:46 pm Anyway, the bottom line is that someone set us up the bomb, right?
What you say?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:39 pm If someone puts a gun without a firing pin to your head without informing you it doesn't have a firing pin, does that mean the act of doing so is therefore legal?
I think you are misunderstanding me entirely. It is entirely wrong to try and scare the these people this way. Illegal, terrorist activity, whole nine yards. I just am trying to dial down the hype by not calling them bombs right now - as I think they are not bombs (or Explosive Devices even).
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:24 pm Let's be totally honest though. De Niro will show up for anything if you promise him cab fair and a free lunch at this point.
He's the Michael Caine of America!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Yojimbo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:52 pm
hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:39 pm If someone puts a gun without a firing pin to your head without informing you it doesn't have a firing pin, does that mean the act of doing so is therefore legal?
I think you are misunderstanding me entirely. It is entirely wrong to try and scare the these people this way. Illegal, terrorist activity, whole nine yards. I just am trying to dial down the hype by not calling them bombs right now - as I think they are not bombs (or Explosive Devices even).
I'll stick with the FBI's informed opinion based upon what they think they can prove:
total of 13 bombs were mailed around the country, FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a new conferences, adding that there could be more packages not yet discovered.

"These are not hoax devices," Wray said.
Sayoc was charged with illegal mailing of explosives,
Last edited by Pyperkub on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Then who is Nick Cage?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Yojimbo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:59 pm Then who is Nick Cage?
Not Luke Cage?

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The guy sucking at making them doesn't make them not bombs. FBI already said they aren't hoax devices. For some laughs I checked out infowars and Breitbart. Alex Jones should be in jail for the shit he's doing. What a horrible horrible human being. That goes for anyone that actually follows that bs crap.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Holman

Post by Holman »

So have we decided that this is not not terrorism, or what?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The market place of ideas is facing bankruptcy now that everyone can just order their preferred flavour of crazy and have it delivered directly to their front door.

No need to interact with those other, filthy ideas at all. They're just lies the media tells anyway. Why would you listen to them? What would be the point?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Holman wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:06 pm Lost in the bomber news:

This week's Kroger shooter actually intended to target a black church, but he couldn't get in.
He sought out black targets. After the first victim, he holstered until he saw another black individual and then murdered her.

It sounds like a CCW holder then engaged him until police arrived or he probably would have gone after more black victims.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:59 pm
Yojimbo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:59 pm Then who is Nick Cage?
Not Luke Cage?

Context fail on me.
If De Nero is the the Michael Caine of America - then who is Nicolas Cage?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jason Statham maybe?

em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Damnit, why couldn't he have been one of your loonies. :doh: You do have a proportionally greater selection of them, they're just more likely to place witches hexes on people instead of sending bombs I guess. It's a good thing he wasn't as meticulous about building his bombs as he was about placing those stickers on his van. :think:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Holman

Post by Holman »

This might be a good time to reconsider your avatar.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Holman wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:13 pm This might be a good time to reconsider your avatar.
Ok, I chuckled at that. :mrgreen: If this works for you on November 6th, there might even end up being a yearly Cesar Sayoc Day celebration.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Holman

Post by Holman »

You know Guy Fawkes was a terrorist, right? And there was nothing V for Vendetta about that historical moment?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

As has been proven, they were bombs. What you think is irrelevant. Facts are facts.
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yojimbo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:03 pmI didn't mean to frustrate you. I speak with authority that they didn't go off - exploding is kind of key to the bomb deal to me.
You are a joke.
lol

A bomb that doesn't happen to go off isn't a bomb? What on earth are you talking about. wow. where have you been hiding. lol
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Not sure why everyone is blowing up about what constitutes a bomb.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Again, Why are they NOT bombs again? because they didn't go off? Is that right? Did I miss something - cause you sound like you don't think you sound ridiculous.

Post by Default »

Kinda glad they did not go off. I remember how one clerk died and a lot became severely ill from anthrax. Some of those never completely recovered.

Bombs going off mean people getting killed to me.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Default wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:26 pm Kinda glad they did not go off.
Hah!

Ya think?

Just teasing, but still. Hugz :wub:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Interesting. I am surprised that Alex Jones is able to keep his nose out of a good conspiracy theory. Maybe he doesn't count because no one but crazy people take him seriously?

I'm going to guess that the list is a "work in progress".
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The US arsenal is full of bombs that haven't exploded. Many (most?) of them never will. They are still bombs.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Kraken wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:23 am The US arsenal is full of bombs that haven't exploded. Many (most?) of them never will. They are still bombs.
Presumably they all have detonators. Or at least fuses.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

pr0ner wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:24 am
That thread is a depressing display of humanity.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:40 am
Kraken wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:23 am The US arsenal is full of bombs that haven't exploded. Many (most?) of them never will. They are still bombs.
Presumably they all have detonators. Or at least fuses.
Nuclear bombs aren't armed by default. If something is designed to explode and capable of doing so, it's a bomb, even if the implementation is bungled.

If it turns out that the MAGAbomber's devices were not built to blow up, then they aren't real bombs...but that's not true according to the information we've been given.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

He put timers into packages intended to arm them during the tiny window between when they arrived at the target location and the time when they were opened. This to destinations scattered all over the US. It would have been really tough to make these things reliable even if the US Postal Service's delivery times were predictable too he hour. And the thing with package bombs is that they usually rely on the package being opened a certain way, even after they're armed.

And that all assumes that the packages were opened blindly instead of being handled by people trained to recognize the signs of a package bomb.

The reason that they didn't blow up is that the conditions for them to blow up were likely never met.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Holman

Post by Holman »

And now another attack:

Shooter targeted a Synagogue on Sabbath morning, killing at least eight, three cops shot.

Suspect is 46-y.o. white male who shouted antisemitic slogans.

Is it terrorism yet?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holman wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:16 pm And now another attack:

Shooter targeted a Synagogue on Sabbath morning, killing at least eight, three cops shot.

Suspect is 46-y.o. white male who shouted antisemitic slogans.

Is it terrorism yet?
“White male”, so...nope.