Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Brian

Re: Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

Post by Brian »

I'm sure you have some that you could post that would present an...alternative...viewpoint. :)
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

No, mine are mostly me doing dumb stuff, too. I had about 35 gigs of unsorted videos I finally went through. Here are a few:

When dealing with Los Santos rush hour traffic, motorists have had to get creative.

Bad Demographic, fearing for her safety, thoughtlessly takes cover behind the Shrub of Eternity.

That was totally skill, and not even remotely luck.

Nice flip, Brian

Brian got tired of me casually dodging his rockets and came up with a creative solution.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Finally was able to get this installed. Looking forward to mayhem!
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Brian

Post by Brian »

Sweet! Post your R* Social Club name so we can get you added as a friend/crew member.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

red51ve

on R* Social Club
Brian

Post by Brian »

Friend request sent.

I also sent the names of everybody else in our group but here they are again:

Darkwater23
Omahawley
Greybird
Guyz_R_Us01
ham_spade

Once you are on my friends list I will also send you a crew invite.

Once you start GTA Online you'll need to go through a few tutorial missions before you can join our private sessions. Once the tutorials are completed, when starting GTA 5 do NOT select Play Online during startup as that will dump you into an open server full of randos (aka, a wretched hive of scum and griefery). Instead, go into the single player game then go to the menu and select play online from there. You will then be given the option of playing solo, with friends, or with a crew. Once everybody is online, one person (usually me) is selected as the host and will send out game invites to everybody. You can also try joining friends or crew already in sessions but that works seldom at best.

A word of warning, the menus are very much a hodge-podge of confusing choices but we can walk you through most questions you might have. This is where voice coms on Discord are pretty much a must.

Regarding the tutuorials:
The tutorial begins right after the player creates a character and officially joins an online session. A cut-scene starts immediately where the player takes a car ride with Lamar, and during the ride, Lamar gives you the rundown on what you'll be doing in GTA Online. When the cut-scene ends, the player gets out of the car and is prompted to join a race.

THE RACE TUTORIAL
The race starts as soon as the player enters the lighted, blue ring on screen. After entering the race the player is given the option to choose between a few different Vehicles. Once the player chooses a car, they can change the color and select a victory gesture. After confirming these settings the race begins. The race is really no different than the standard races you encounter in the single player portion of the game, and success will largely be determined by how well the player can brake, corner, and avoid wrecks with traffic and obstacles.

DRESS TUTORIAL
Once the race is completed successfully, Lamar will take you to meet his friend Gerard. Gerard is one of the characters that will give you missions over the course of your time in GTA Online. For now though, Lamar will send you to get some new clothes. You will then have to visit a Clothing Store and buy some new duds. How you get there and what you pick out to wear are entirely up to you.

LOS SANTOS CUSTOMS AND CAR TUTORIAL
Now is when the player gets an opportunity to select a car and fit it with a tracker. Be selective when choosing a car because this is the one you'll have as your default car until you get another one. Once you've chosen the car you want, you will drive it to a Los Santos Customs shop, which is indicated on the map by and aerosol can icon. When you get there, you drive your car into the garage and from there you will be prompted with a few options. Most of the options for upgrading your car will be locked until you reach a high enough reputation level. but there are a few that you can choose from. Many of the paint jobs for instance, are free, and, for your first car, so is the tracker and full coverage insurance policy. You will need to get both the Tracker and the Insurance because without both you won't be able to fully progress through the tutorial.
My recommendation for a starter car would probably be the Dominator (Looks like a modern Mustang GT) but there are other choices as well.
If you like sports cars, check out the Fusillade, it's as fast as almost anything out there in the sports class, and it's very common, and can be tricked out nicely.
If you like muscle cars, go with a Gauntlet. It's got a growly exhaust note, durable, and fast but handles poorly.
If you want something fast that fits 4 people, go with the Buffalo, Oracle, or Felon but we've already got a couple of Armored Karumas that fit 4 so we're OK there. That's the red car you see me driving in so many of my videos. While not entirely bullet proof it's got enough protection that Blackhawk has taken to calling it the "Cheat Tank."
You'll be able to pick one up for yourself once you complete the first Heist, The Fleeca Bank Job.

Also, once you've purchased an apartment, you'll have a garage to store vehicles in so you can then pick up the Elegy RH8 for free and it's a pretty fast two seater that up-options quite nicely.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Are you guys using mouse / keyboard or controllers?

I'm trying mouse / kb so far but it just seems like a controller game--makes sense given the console roots.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If you're looking for free cars, I think the best 2-door is the RH-8. The best 4-door to steal and claim is the Sultan. It's a little tricky to find, though.

What I recommend doing is going to the prison parking lot up north and checking there, then either driving away and coming back (so the cars respawn), or going into the online menu and choosing 'find another session', which essentially switches servers and causes a full respawn.

One trick when stealing a car you want to keep from somewhere dangerous (like a prison parking lot.) You won't be able to claim the car until you lose any police pursuit, which can be a pain if you're in the car you want to keep, as it may get shot up or destroyed. Instead, hop in the car, start it, then hop out and let all the cops/guards kill you. You'll respawn nearby and can get back into the car (which now doesn't register as stealing) and drive peacefully away.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Redfive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:29 pm Are you guys using mouse / keyboard or controllers?
Yes.

I use a controller for any sort of vehicle, but set it down for any shooting or on-foot segments. Best of both worlds.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I go straight controller. It makes the shooty bits a little more difficult but I make up for it by being super awesome.

:dance:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Also, we generally use Discord while we play. Feel free to jump in if you see us on.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Redfive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:29 pm Are you guys using mouse / keyboard or controllers?

I'm trying mouse / kb so far but it just seems like a controller game--makes sense given the console roots.
It works! :dance:

For the record I play these types of games with a controller as well, although the only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Prototype and Sleeping Dogs, both of which are heavily melee.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:14 pm

It works! :dance:

For the record I play these types of games with a controller as well, although the only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Prototype and Sleeping Dogs, both of which are heavily melee.
Yep, thanks for your help and I'll see you in game :ninja:
Brian

Post by Brian »

I might be a little bit late tonight since we are seeing Infinity War this afternoon.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hijinks and Shenanigans.

RedFive meets a bad end.

Cops Behaving Badly

Seasick

Knock This Chip Off My Shoulder

Ponsby's Is Closed

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Brian wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:26 pm Hijinks and Shenanigans.

RedFive meets a bad end.

That was a fun one, even if we didn't complete it.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Yeah, it's too bad I got the armored car stuck in an unrecoverable position. Having it would have made completing that mission a lot easier.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Brian wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:06 pm Yeah, it's too bad I got the armored car stuck in an unrecoverable position. Having it would have made completing that mission a lot easier.
No kidding, cheat tank for sure.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

So Cort has the game and we are in a private MP session, how the heck do I get him into the missions with me? If I choose any missions I leave the session and he is left behind.

Does he need to be a member of the crew to partake?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

During set up 'Invite all from current session', I believe. Brian does the set up far more often than I do.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And be sure the set matchmaking to 'closed.'
Brian

Post by Brian »

So yeah, what 'Hawk said.

Assuming you are both in the same private friends only session, when setting up the mission you will need to select "invite all from session" then Cort (or whoever else you want with you) will need to open the phone in game and go to the mission button (center middle) and accept your invite. Once everybody joins the mission you can press the "start mission" button.

Be aware that when the mission completes you will be presented with a mission selection screen. From here you can vote on the next mission or vote to drop out to freemode (still private session). However, if either of you cancels out of the mission selection screen you will likely be dropped into a different, probably public, session.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Oh, and a reminder that we will be playing tonight so you, Cort, and anybody else that might want to play are welcome to join us.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I may be late.

I may also be later than late. It all depends on how much I can get done around here in next couple of hours.
Brian

Post by Brian »

More GTA videos.

A mugger is approaching Darkwater...

Blackhawk and I do a little car(t)wheeling

Another night, another rampage.

Brian

Post by Brian »

More GTA highlights

Automotive Ballet (Featuring Ballerina Bob)

Triple Kill, wherein Blackhawk shoots down a police chopper then crashes into the falling debris which causes his fighter to explode into another cloud of debris which I then run into and explode into yet another cloud of debris.

Steal a plane and land it on the docks they said. It'll be fun they said.

High Centered. Twice.

A Naughty Musical Number (with bonus WTF?)

Hey Brian, can you check this out? Sure, lemme take a look.

Free Willy, GTA Style

Those rocket launchers sure have some kick.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm pretty burned out on PUBG so I may look into reinstalling this tonight. When I previously tried to play this online my computer was too slow and I finally gave up.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Some things that have been mentioned that I said I'd link to. First are the three Miracle of Sound songs. Fair warning - they have some very, very minor spoilers, limited to a couple of clips from cutscenes. Without context, though, they don't give any story away. There is one for each main character.

Franklin
Michael
Trevor

And this was the Dungeon Keeper clone we talked about a bit: War for the Overworld
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Octavious wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:37 pm I'm pretty burned out on PUBG so I may look into reinstalling this tonight. When I previously tried to play this online my computer was too slow and I finally gave up.
If you get it running and want to, hit one of us up on Discord and we'll get you situated if we're free. There is a tutorial you'll have to work through that takes an hour or so before you can join others.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I played it online before a long time ago. Downloading it right now. Thank god I have a fast connection.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Brian

Post by Brian »

Too bad you just missed out on the double RP and double payout week along with all the bonus cash for logging in daily.

Still, between all of the goodies we acquired over the past week I'm pretty sure we can get up to all sorts of shenanigans.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:30 pm
Still, between all of the goodies we acquired over the past week I'm pretty sure we can get up to all sorts of shenanigans.
:ninja:
Brian

Post by Brian »

I still can't believe that I forgot that I owned the armored, mini-gun turreted, stretch limo.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

It's all installed and I was just tweaking the settings. I had played online a little bit so I should have some stuff I think. It was a long time ago though so I'm sure it's nothing impressive. :mrgreen: At least the game will run correctly now. I used to run like utter poo. I had a few people I was playing with and it was fun, but I couldn't deal with the performance issues.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well I was looking forward to playing this tonight and then some asshat crashed in front of my house taking out an entire pole. So no power. I hate this week. :tjg:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You need to get out of New Jersey before someone writes The World According to Octavious.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Yesterday we lost power for 3 hours due to the storm yesterday so it's a banner week in the Oct household. FYI the car is still sitting in the road. Along with the pole. They won't touch it until the power company shows up. It's been 5 hours.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Correction pole hit them. It must of been damaged by the storm yesterday. Fell right on them. Crazy... Hopefully I can get on tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackhawk

Re: Looking for group (R6:Siege , but Others)

Post by Blackhawk »

No promises, but I am going to try to be on tonight. If so, I may be late.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Also, Karen & Bob won't be there tonight. So, I'll probably log on and run some solo missions or such until somebody joins or I get bored. :)