Official Octopus Overlords Election Game Day Thread (tm)

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Padre

Post by Padre »

I crunched some numbers, and in case anyone cares:

If the size of the House of Representatives was increased so that each representative was responsible for roughly the same number of people, and the electoral college modified accordingly (one elector per representative plus the two senators for every state)...

There would be 1712 electoral votes and the house of reps. would have 1612 members.

Bush would STILL win - 878 EVs to 834.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

The Preacher wrote:How many provisional ballots are outstanding in PA? Anyone know? I'm curious why a margin of 120k in PA is Blue, while a 130k margin in OH is too close to call. I'm assuming it's the number of provisional and/or absentee ballots but I haven't heard any numbers bandied about.
Because it's not really too close to call in Ohio. On NPR this morning, they reported ththe the Ohio Secretary of State said it's 'statistically impossible' for Kerry to win even with the provisional/absentee ballots counted.

The only reason that Ohio hasn't been declared is that once that is done, it gives a legitamacy to Bush that isn't fair until Kerry concedes.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Austin

Post by Austin »

Has Bush even claimed victory yet? I mean in person. Has Kerry made any sort of comments yet?
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

;)

Post by The Preacher »

noxiousdog wrote:Because it's not really too close to call in Ohio. On NPR this morning, they reported ththe the Ohio Secretary of State said it's 'statistically impossible' for Kerry to win even with the provisional/absentee ballots counted.

The only reason that Ohio hasn't been declared is that once that is done, it gives a legitamacy to Bush that isn't fair until Kerry concedes.
Thanks for wrecking my coyness, jerkhead!
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Wow.

I really hope this shakes things up in the Democrats' camp though. Just like I hoped a Bush loss would shakes things up over there.

But Washington is still a Blue State, so it really doesn't matter to me who wins or loses. Now if only Gregoire wins governor...
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

Fox News is reporting that Kerry is conceding the race as reported by the AP. I'll wait till I here it from him myself though.
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
Koz

Post by Koz »

AP has the same, altough the story goes to an empty site.

And now MSNBC has it. Good work Kerry, don't drag this thing out any more than it needs to.