Official "how long did it take you to vote" thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Mr. Sparkle

Re: ...

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

PR_GMR wrote:Took me about 20 mins to vote... at Towson High School here in Baltimore. Turned out the High School is just around the corner where I live.
Hey that's where I went to High School.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

About 30 seconds to get my ballot. 10 seconds to proceed to the voting stand. 2 minutes to get a replacement for the dried-out pen. 30 seconds to vote (skimming past all the unopposed candidates). 1 minute to record my ballot.

In and out in around 4 minutes.
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

About 5 minutes.

I skipped all of the judge votes. I looked up "What will be on your ballot" last week and none of those were listed so I had no idea who to vote for beforehand. Instead of just randomly picking a name I skipped them.
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

Took about 10 minutes. Got a sticker!
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

About 10 minutes total, here in Chicago. And, sorry, Law, I always just whiff the judge questions. I just don't know enough about them. I just randomly pick yes or no.
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

In Oregon, it's all vote-by-mail, so I sent mine in a week ago.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Really, Mr Sparkle? Cool. It's a small world. Apparently, that's also where Michael Phelps went to high school.

So was it you who pelted the front of the school with eggs? Some kids had some fun on Halloween night and pelted the school. :P
malchior

Post by malchior »

Five minutes and I got in the wrong line initially too. :D
Vesper

Post by Vesper »

Approximately 1 hour at 7:30 AM.

Waukesha, WI.
Flatlander

Post by Flatlander »

Took about ten minutes. We had a freak early snowstorm this morning, and it seems to have keept the turnout pretty low.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Took me about 10 minutes. And that's at the same polling place as Captain Caveman. :P
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

No waiting time at my precinct at 4:30 this afternoon, went in, filled out a voting slip, then voted. In/out in 5 minutes.

Grifman
Interloper

Post by Interloper »

Got up early, was at the polls right after they opened. Took 15 minutes.
Mr. Sparkle

Re: ...

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

PR_GMR wrote:
Really, Mr Sparkle? Cool. It's a small world. Apparently, that's also where Michael Phelps went to high school.

So was it you who pelted the front of the school with eggs? Some kids had some fun on Halloween night and pelted the school. :P
Nah, I graduated HS like 10 years ago.... I think I've safely put my egging days behind me. Though streaking on the other hand...

EDIT: And my vote took about 15 minutes. There were a decent amount of people, but nothing like other areas are reporting.
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

About 10 minutes here. Had to wait for a lady in front of me in the N-Z line to finish jabbering, or else it would have been quicker. Voted after work, about 5:30est.
dangerballs

Post by dangerballs »

About 2 minutes with 1 minute of that trying to find a stamp.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

5 minutes total. I skipped past the majority of the ballot.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

It took about two minutes to get into the booth, about five minutes to punch all the dang holes, a full hour to ensure I had no hanging chads (OK - maybe I just did a quick glance), and then I was out. Good thing, too - it was sweltering in there.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

It took me 50 minutes in Alexandria, VA. I cast my ballot less than 15 minutes before the polls closed. w00t!

I think the new electronic voting devices made things take a lot longer. They were not touch screens (even though they looked like touch screens), and the interface could have been friendlier.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

About five minutes to get into the booth, and then a minute actually voting. Feeling kind of happy after hearing from my friend in Michigan who waited over two hours.
Hansey

Post by Hansey »

RunningMn9 wrote:I waited in line for 0 minutes. I walked in, got my ballot, voted, and made my egress, all in less than 5 minutes.

The old ladies running the joint were very efficient.
Ditto here in Massachusetts. I got out of work a little bit early (4:15) and expected it to be pretty busy, but I guess I lucked out.

Also, my ballot didn't require a lot of thought - there were no referendums or anything, and most of the offices being run for on the state and local level were running unopposed, so I expect no one was taking very long to make decisions and fill them out.

Plus the old ladies running the joint were very efficient. ;)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

15 minutes to vote in Chicago, Illinois at 5:10pm. About 5 minutes to check the ballot -- mainly due to all of the judicial retention votes.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

Walked in the door at 6pm in Reston, finally got to vote around 6:58. They were touch screens here.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I got there at 6:00 am. There were 4 people ahead of me. One of them apparently got redistricted to a different precinct and they told him he had to go vote somewhere else. I was out of there in 10 minutes.
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

Hmm, probably 5 minutes to mark the ballot, two minutes to walk down to the mailbox and mail my ballot in. Add in another 2 minutes to call and confirm that the county got it.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Apparently, some people in Ohio had to (or still have to) wait 10-15 hours in line to vote. :shock: