Reaper Bones Next

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Hey, miniatures fans! EDIT: Reaper Bones II

Post by Zaxxon »

Boudreaux wrote:I canceled my pledge last night. I just couldn't justify another $100 for minis when I've painted less than 1% of the first Bones group.
Same, although my friend and I are at maybe 3%.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

I ended up at $409.95. :oops:
Insert witty comment here.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

My friend and I are splitting a $108 pledge, with maybe some additions from this last day to come. I didn't see anything I had to have, but my friend might want something extra.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Next year when this ships, I hope to start my oldest painting. With so many figures in the base set, she can paint quite a few of them pink to practice. I also hope to start her on a mouseling adventure. Maybe I'll even have my zombicide painted by then.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Ultra double tap
Last edited by Zarathud on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Oops
Last edited by Zarathud on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

;)
Last edited by Zarathud on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Want your own miniature? Help Kickstarter "Proxy Army", a 3D printing company that has its own miniature game rules that's adaptable to YOUR game that you ALWAYS WANTED to make!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... miniatures" target="_blank

They have 33 days left to raise 55K... help!
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CAV: Strike Operations
CAV: Strike Operations is a project to bring to life the CAV Universe with an all-new game edition and high-quality plastic figures.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I was looking at that the other day. You also get a free set of downloadable rules (a full set of revised rules in book form are coming soon, but not part of the Kickstarter.)

I've played Warlord a good bit, which is Reaper's fantasy wargame (Warhammer style tabletop wargame, that is.) The rules are nice - you don't need twenty books, and the fights are a hell of a lot faster than Warhammer. CAV uses the same core rules and statistics, so while I've never played it, I've considered it a few times - except that many of the models were out of print.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I have my Bones in my hand.... err the shipment for Reaper Bones II has arrived (I was wave 2).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I am so very jealous, but I just couldn't afford that much when it hit. I may start putting some back each month in anticipation of Bones 3.

At least the shipments going out means that they'll have the new Bones up for retail soon, as there are a few I'm wanting to get my hands on (the Savage Worlds, pulp, centaurs, and new IMEF stand out, and I'll probably pick up several sets of the cultists.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote:I am so very jealous, but I just couldn't afford that much when it hit. I may start putting some back each month in anticipation of Bones 3.

At least the shipments going out means that they'll have the new Bones up for retail soon, as there are a few I'm wanting to get my hands on (the Savage Worlds, pulp, centaurs, and new IMEF stand out, and I'll probably pick up several sets of the cultists.
...and I am so very jealous of your painting skills. If you lived about a thousand miles closer I'd give you piles of minis for some painting mentoring.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Mine was sent while I was sleeping, but I expect it to take a while to get here.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Too bad they don't do cowboys...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hentzau wrote:Too bad they don't do cowboys...
They don't do what?

Also, free rules.

Also also, as Coop can tell you, they already have a few cowboys from the first Bones line, and have a bunch that will be available for retail soon in the Bones 2 line.

Reaper does official Savage Worlds miniatures, including Deadlands, which is the old west with a supernatural twist.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

These are all Reaper, the PCs I painted for the Deadlands campaign I had to end when I got sick. The first two are both Bones.

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Oh yeah. I forgot about those. :oops:

I've looked at them and dismissed most of them as being too "fantasyfied" for what I'm doing with Zenda.

Well, if any of you Bones folks ended up with any cowboy type figures that you don't want/need, let me know, I may take them off your hands.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Hentzau, I can send you anything I have with a hat if you want. Of course, then I would have to dig through the literal hundreds of unpainted Bones minis I have. still in their original packaging (note this use of literal means literal). By original packaging I mean lots of plastic bags.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

When you get around to it, Coop. Just let me know what you want for them.

Those rules look kinda fun, BH. I like the idea of "Cowboy physics".
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hentzau wrote: Those rules look kinda fun, BH. I like the idea of "Cowboy physics".
I haven't played with them, but they are a very light version of Reaper's RAGE rules, which I have used. The same basic rules are used for Warlord, Reaper's fantasy battle system, and for CAV - their other Kickstarter (scroll up on this page.)

I've played a bit of Warlord, and liked it quite a bit.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Yeah, figured out near the end that "Hey! There really aren't any rules here!" But I like the direction they were going with it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ah, I had seen them there but had never read them. Yeah, looks like they aren't standalone. They're a mod for the Warlord rules to make them usable in the old west.

Hmm.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Expecting it to arrive any second today. I stayed in because Zarathud wanted the core set and a few others. I was only interested in some terrain, some demons and the pulp heroes for my Malifaux games. But since I was wave 2, he just jumped onto mine.

Edit: they just dropped it off. whoo hoo!
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

...aaaand Bones III announced for 'Summer.'

I may need to see if saving up is possible. I missed II, and have been regretting it.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Blackhawk wrote:...aaaand Bones III announced for 'Summer.'

I may need to see if saving up is possible. I missed II, and have been regretting it.
If you want, I'll ship you some of my miniatures to paint and you can ship them back to me when you are done. :D
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I have excess Bones I that I could probably convince my friend to ship out at or near shipping cost.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Lordnine wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:...aaaand Bones III announced for 'Summer.'

If you want, I'll ship you some of my miniatures to paint and you can ship them back to me when you are done. :D
I'm scrambling to keep up with what I need for my tabletop campaign from week to week already! I finished the Bone Giant from Bones 1 last week, have two PCs that I need for Sunday that I just started today, then a flameskull and three ochre jellies I need for two weeks later (all homemade), plus I'm going to need a massive pile of elementals and cultists for after that.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just an update - they now have a timer. It looks like the new Kickstarter will be on July the 7th.

I'm torn. Assuming comparable pledges, I'd have to really, really pull some strings to pull off Bones 3 (money is still a mess, due to summer, and due to medical bills), and it is painfully hard to justify spending money on miniatures now that I won't get for months. There are a few pieces that I have been trying to justify getting for a couple of months now (pieces for specific player characters.)

Then again, the miniatures from Bones 1 have been a godsend. I've made considerable use of them over the past year.

I suppose I'll wait and see how the pledges work this time.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Bones 3 is up. It looks like they hit their funding goal in about three minutes. At six minutes, as I'm posting this, they're approaching 400%.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

And here we go again. :P

I got into wave 1 shipping this time, hooray!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm in for a core set, by the way. I will be spending the next few weeks trying to figure out if I can get the money together, and if I can justify spending it.
Zaxxon wrote:I have excess Bones I that I could probably convince my friend to ship out at or near shipping cost.
Missed that. :shock:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Blackhawk wrote:Bones 3 is up. It looks like they hit their funding goal in about three minutes. At six minutes, as I'm posting this, they're approaching 400%.
Then change the thread title. :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:Bones 3 is up. It looks like they hit their funding goal in about three minutes. At six minutes, as I'm posting this, they're approaching 400%.
Then change the thread title. :)
Yessir.
Isgrimnur

Re: Reaper Bones 3, because Isgrimnur said so.

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

not gonna do it not gonna do it not gonna do it...

not gonna do it!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

coopasonic wrote:gonna do it gonna do it gonna do it...

gonna do it!
FTFY.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm out. I may piggyback some stuff off Zarathud though if he backs it. I still have a ton of unpainted stuff from the last one.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The $1 pledge specifically mentions it as a extra add-in option, so you can go that route even if 'thud stays out.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

No cowboys. Bah.