FS: Mint Original Falcon 4.0 binder, maps and CD

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

WYBaugh

FS: Mint Original Falcon 4.0 binder, maps and CD

Post by WYBaugh »

Cleaning out our storage and found I still had this. If someone is interested, please make me an offer.

ImageUntitled by wybaugh, on Flickr

Thanks,

Bill
Kasey Chang

Re: FS: Mint Original Falcon 4.0 binder, maps and CD

Post by Kasey Chang »

I have one of these, I think. I even have art of the kill box... as I was once working at Spectrum Holobyte.

Speaking of old boxes... I think I have Total Annihilation, Commander's Edition, still SEALED AND UNOPENED, on my shelf somewhere. :) yes, it's in the big box.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh wow I used to see that Falcon box every week when I went into the Software Etc store. I used to always pick it up and read and re read the back each time. Sucker was heavy with that ring binder manual and such in it. I never did get it for a few reasons. I was into flight sims only like WW2 and WW1 and this one was WAY over complicated to me, I didn't want to pay that much for it, and finally my system would not have run it well. But I sure did think of it often and I never forgot it to this day. Someone says 'Falcon' I think of the front of this grey box :)

And Total Annihilation was an amazing game. I even downloaded all those free units Cavedog used to offer up. Me and my friend played it coop so many times.

EDIT: Maybe it was Falcon 3.0 I drooled over.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I had a copy of that. I probably traded it on GG or OO back when trading was actually a thing. TA was the first game I ever played that had me looking for an upgrade. It was either 8mb to 16mb, or 16 to 32. TA had maps that were restricted by RAM, and I wanted access to them. The first game that I ever really followed the development of and was excited for was Total Annihilation: Kingdoms.

And yes, I downloaded all the free Cavedog units. My first DLC.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I remember being disappointed in Kingdoms after how cool TA was. My friend and I barely played it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:22 pm EDIT: Maybe it was Falcon 3.0 I drooled over.
No, it was definitely 4.0. 3.0 didn't come with a binder. The first edition of F4 did.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
disarm

Post by disarm »

While I think this would be super cool to have after drooling over it every time I walked into Babbages, I know it would never do anything other than collect dust somewhere in my house...doesn't seem like the home it deserves.

You might want to consider eBay if noone bites here...looks like the going rate is still around $30
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I was a sucker for these, I have both the Falcon 4.0 binder and the Falcon 3 Gold box.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Did I ever mention the time I was working at Spectrum Holobyte, which later merged with MicroProse? Unfortunately, my name didn't make it into the only Flight Sim I really tested... Flight of the Intruder. My name was on the "supplemental" which nobody ever typed into Mobygames. :D

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/she ... Id,368181/
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Sorry to pile on but... I has one of them too. 8-)
-mf