Freespace 2 Free on GOG.com for a limited time

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

jztemple2

Freespace 2 Free on GOG.com for a limited time

Post by jztemple2 »

See the article on BluesNews,
GOG.com is offering an Interstellar Sale, offering deep discounts on games that allow you to visit deep space. And for extreme bargain hunters, they are allowing Freespace 2 to live up to its name by offering the space exploration sequel completely free for the next 48 hours. Here's a refresher on Volition's Descent: FreeSpace sequel:

The year is 2367, thirty two years after the Great War. Or at least what YOU thought was the Great War. The seemingly endless tide of Shivan capital ships, bombers and fighters with super advanced technology was nearly overwhelming.

As the Terran and Vasudan races finish rebuilding their decimated societies, a disturbance lurks in the not-so-far reaches of the Gamma Draconis system. Your nemesis has arrived... and they are wondering what happened to their scouting party...

The game continues on the story from Descent: FreeSpace, once again thrusting the player into the role of a pilot fighting against the mysterious aliens, the Shivans. While defending the human race and its alien Vasudan allies, the player also gets involved in putting down a rebellion of those elements of Vasudan (Hammer of Light) and Human (Neo Terran Front) forces which don't want to cooperate with one another.

Freespace 2 includes the FRED2 editor available in the installation directory of the game.
  • Without a doubt one of the best space sims ever created
  • Fast-paced action, dynamic flight model, very well-made missions
  • A gripping story with many plot twists
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Zarathud

Re: Freespace 2 Free on GOG.com for a limited time

Post by Zarathud »

Great game. Get it.

Unfortunately it doesn’t come with the Space Sim of the Year missions. Download those and my single player mission The Queen from the community site. I also made a multiplayer mission but I think those are now non-functional.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon